News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Presented without comment, straight out of the anti-vaccination movement...

Started by Suu, June 11, 2014, 03:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://www.amazon.com/Melanies-Marvelous-Measles-Stephanie-Messenger/dp/1466938897

Melanie's Marvelous Measles!!!

QuoteMelanie's Marvelous Measles is a book written by Stephanie Messenger who has devoted her life to educating people about vaccines and natural health choices. This book takes children on a journey to learn about vaccinations for childhood illnesses, like measles and chicken pox.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2014, 03:50:29 AM
Billy's Amazing Smallpox!

Timmy's terrific Typhus!

Christopher's adventures with Cholera!

My urge to write kids books is returning.

QuotePlease don't buy this book.
Amazon Customer
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2014, 03:51:35 AM
Read the comments.

People are not as dumb as I often think.

Most people really aren't.

Unfortunately, the "Natural health" cult has quite a few members, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

I still have great faith that the majority of the world are all about vaccinations, because the majority of us wouldn't BE HERE if it wasn't for our parents and grandparents getting vaccinated. My father had polio, I've seen what that shit does to the body, NO. DO NOT WANT.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2014, 12:15:06 PM
Who the fuck published that piece of shit?

I only glanced at it, but I assumed it's self-published, because who WOULD publish that?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Junkenstein

That website is fucking hilarious.

http://www.trafford.com/GoldSeal.aspx

QuoteThe Trafford Publishing Gold Seal of Literary Excellence
More and more self-published titles get released every year, and with it, the industry's demand for high-quality published works grows. It's now quite normal to hear of traditional publishing houses and movie producers scrutinizing scores of published titles for their next big hit.

This is where Trafford's self-published authors get a leg up against the competition – because Trafford has always been committed to launching the finest possible first edition of your book when it set out to establish the gold standard for publishing.

Setting the Standard for Publishing
The chance to reach the peak of literary excellence is yours, as Trafford offers you the valuable opportunity to gain premium credibility to shore up your book's marketing campaign with the Gold Seal Premium –a service that allows your book to be critiqued to earn the distinguished Gold Seal of Literary Excellence.

Works with a positive review will receive our Gold Seal of Literary Excellence. The published books' covers are branded with a Gold Seal stamp, distinguishing it from the work of any other self publisher or publishing company. Your cover will also feature your reviewer's critique, as it would appear on the cover of any bestselling novel.

Purchase the Gold Seal Premium and your manuscript will be submitted by Trafford to one of the most respected and professional reviewers in the publishing industry, the US Review of Books.

It's highly tempting to set up a company doing exactly this, right now. The whole thing is a fucking joke:

http://www.trafford.com/Servicestore/SocialMediaSetupGuide.aspx

QuoteWhen it comes to building an online presence as an author, it can be hard to know where to begin. One of the easiest and more effective ways to establish yourself online is to join free social networking and blogging sites that will allow you to interact directly with other online users.

To help you jumpstart your activity on popular social platforms, we've created a comprehensive PDF guide that will walk you through the basics of how to set up and manage profiles on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and LinkedIn. This step-by-step guide will take you through the technical aspects of signing up with each platform and show you how to use these online tools to share content and engage with readers and professionals.

Your Social Media Setup Guide will introduce you to the basics of the following platforms:

WordPress — a popular blogging platform you can use to create your own free blog and share longer form content with readers
Facebook — a social networking service where you can upload photos, create events and keep in touch with friends, family, followers and fans
Twitter — a micro-blogging social media site that allows you to engage with other users in short status updates of 140 characters or fewer
LinkedIn — an online network for professionals looking to exchange knowledge, ideas and opportunities with others in their field
I
If you need a comprehensive guide to set up a fucking facebook account, whatever you have written probably holds little to no value.

Don't take my word for it, read between the lines of a few of the testimonials:
http://www.trafford.com/WhyTrafford/AuthorTestimonials.aspx

Obviously, don't look at the bookstore and their stable of authors in any detail. No funny there. In fact, its when you start throwing a few google searches on the authors/bestsellers/"gold club" it becomes rather sad and apparent that the thing is basically scam with nice clothes. Not that you'd expect such things out of the self publishing industry. No incentives here to lie through your teeth to authors.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.