News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Political Steam Blowing

Started by A.N. Other, July 26, 2008, 03:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.N. Other

Once more, we find ourselves on the parapet of change. No more then a few short months, Americans will be voting for the chance to elect either an African American that actually seems to be spouting sound ideas, or yet another white man that see Bush's current approval rating as a good enough excuse to continue the crap. As an American, all I can say is...whatever.

Sure, Barack sounds like he would be a good guy. Hell, he isn't even president and already he's flying around world and making the people overseas go wild with a patriotism that Americans should be feeling without having somebody killing hundreds of us. In Germany, they were waving flags as if they lived here in the States. Why the hell don't we do that?

And it isn't to say McCain isn't that bad of a man, either. He has a lot more sounder polices in mind then Bush does, but he still seems to want to keep the current engine of ignorance going along. Plus, him touring America just makes him look like he's not even concerned with the world stage. It makes me wonder how much of an isolationist he is.

However, even if both are better, I can't help but to see downfalls. If Barack is voted in, I fear it would only be as a novelty president. President only because he's black. And McCain? An only more efficient warmonger. As a Discordian, or maybe just as an asshole, I can't see any true change coming along. Just more fuckups. For me, the end of the American Empire is close. How much longer can we last?

I'm counting the days.
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What the fuck kind of metaphor is "parapet of change"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: K-Scar on July 26, 2008, 03:50:24 AM
Once more, we find ourselves on the parapet of change. No more then a few short months, Americans will be voting for the chance to elect either an African American that actually seems to be spouting sound ideas, or yet another white man that see Bush's current approval rating as a good enough excuse to continue the crap. As an American, all I can say is...whatever.

Um.

What does skin color have to do with it?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, it's not like the guy has a VAGINA or anything.

Everyone knows that hypocritical fascist Democrats with vaginas are way different from the regular hypocritical fascist Democrats.

singer

Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2008, 05:42:30 AM

The same kind as "political steam blowing"?
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

The Good Reverend Roger

I AM ON THE TOWER OF DOOKIE.  I CAN CHOOSE TO TAKE THAT DOOKIE, OR NOT TO TAKE THAT DOOKIE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cainad (dec.)

With my infinite powers of seeing the best in people, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that K-Scar meant "precipice," not "parapet."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2008, 06:50:47 AM

Um.

One of the candidates is black, the other is white. Am I missing something?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on July 26, 2008, 02:25:27 PM

With my infinite powers of seeing the best in people, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that K-Scar meant "precipice," not "parapet."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2008, 06:50:47 AM

Um.

One of the candidates is black, the other is white. Am I missing something?

Yes, yes, that quite explains the phrase "or yet another white man".

Cainad (dec.)

Ah. Well, McCain is, technically, another white man in a long succession of white men to be a candidate for president, but I see what you mean.

Quimby

the revolution will not be televised.. or blogged.

The Good Reverend Roger

A.N. Other

Actually, I haven't a damned clue what all of this means either. A friend of mine wrote it and asked me to post it up for him, 'cause he figured I was some politically minded guy. That and I owed him a favor. I am going to suppose it was just him ranting, though. That's why I put it here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: K-Scar on July 28, 2008, 04:13:09 AM
Actually, I haven't a damned clue what all of this means either. A friend of mine wrote it and asked me to post it up for him, 'cause he figured I was some political guy. That and I owed him a favor. I going to suppose it was just him ranting, though. That's why I put it here.

In today's lesson, we learn not to post other peoples' drivel under our own monikers...

A.N. Other

Yeah, though I must admit, it's pretty damn funny. I just showed him the link and he's pissed. "They don't understand!" he says. No shit.