News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Running

Started by Adios, September 18, 2010, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I am running. Something is after me, and I don't know what it is, but I do know if I stop I am doomed. So I run.
Sometimes I feel like I am gaining, and other times this thing feels right on my heels.

I have been running for a very long time. The shadows are getting deeper, the open spaces wider. In the forest the trees are getting closer together, any closer and I may not be able to squeeze between them.

I keep running. I am growing tired, but there is no slowing down. I am thirsty, but there is no drink. I am running.

I have been running so long now I can't remember why I was ever running, but something won't let me stop, so I keep running.

I am so very tired, my run is now a shuffling, stumbling walk, but i don't dare stop. My vision is hazy, my throat is burning from thirst. I know I am going to lose this race and I am afraid.

Finally I fall from exhaustion. I hear my pursuer coming closer, I try to crawl, but my body is spent, so I must lay still.

I can see it's shadow now. I know I must roll over and face this thing. It takes more effort than I thought I could manage, but I am on my back to face this thing.

Finally I see a shape, it is coming.

There it is. Now I can see what I was so terrified of. I start laughing, then I am screaming.

With now more interest than fear I watch as it leans over me and smiles. The smile is not terrible.

It is mine.

Adios

I guess this one sucked.  :lulz:

Maybe next one.

Phox

I liked it.  :) or maybe it's more  :horrormirth:

Adios

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 19, 2010, 04:08:10 AM

Thanks, they can't all be good. I don't mind failing.

Phox

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on September 19, 2010, 04:11:04 AM

That's true. I wish I didn't mind failing, or I might have posted something of my own in here. But I don't think I know exactly what I want to write yet anyway... maybe soon the time will be right and i will know what I want to say.

Adios

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 19, 2010, 04:15:04 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on September 19, 2010, 04:11:04 AM

That's true. I wish I didn't mind failing, or I might have posted something of my own in here. But I don't think I know exactly what I want to write yet anyway... maybe soon the time will be right and i will know what I want to say.

You will Dawn, you will.

Penumbral

The repetition makes this one really hard to read.

Also I do not get the significance of you chasing yourself.

Adios

Quote from: Penumbral on September 20, 2010, 12:18:29 AM
The repetition makes this one really hard to read.

Also I do not get the significance of you chasing yourself.

It's about trying to run away from ones self, and in the end having to face yourself after all.

Dysfunctional Cunt