News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

A challenge for all Bush-Haters

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2005, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I know I'm probably wasting my breathe, but I'll say this anyway:

I challenge all of you who hate Bush so much and think he is the worst thing since Hitler to listen to his inaugural speech tomorrow.  I don't expect you to watch the whole inauguration so I'll help you out.  Him and Cheney will be sworn in around 12:00 EST, and his speech will follow their swearing in.  It is said to only run about 17 minutes, so not even that long.  It will be on TV, streamed live on the internet, and will be on the radio so, no matter what you're doing, or where you live, you should be able to catch.

Personally, I think libs are funny and obviously a misguided folk, but I caught all of their convention.  In fact, I never realized so much time and so many different speeches could be given talking about 4 months of one man's life spent on a boat, but they sure did it.  Kerry's speech was especially good stuff.  Anyway, the point is I am challenging you to surprise me and actually give Bush your ear for under 20 minutes of your day tomorrow and see what the guy has to say about where he intends to lead us in the next four years.  I doubt many of you will, but prove me wrong.  If there's one thing I can't stand, it's those who will only listen to their own point of view.

And that's that. :wink:

Voice of Truth

That was me, but you probably guessed that.  Damn no making me login shit... :?
Such pain I feel for not being a Discordian...

East Coast Hustle

I'll watch, but there is one thing that I won't be able to get past, even if he gives a wonderful, moving speech that actually utilizes proper syntax and doesn't make him sound like a retarded monkey....

he is a dirty fuckbag liar who is seriously undermining everything America stands for and he is NOT to be trusted under any circumstances.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Voice of Truth

"he is a dirty fuckbag liar who is seriously undermining everything America stands for".

Always with the propaganda?  If you don't like Iraq, cool, but America does stand for freedom and democracy and that's what he is trying to spread.  Shit...

Not that I want this to digress into a debate.  My first post was all I wanted to say.  If this turns into a debate, people will miss that.  I'll stop now. :wink:

EraPassing

I don't really understand what's so important about listening to the speech.
Just because he says a thing, doesn't mean he means that thing.
Just because he makes a promise, doesn't mean he'll keep that promise.
Who cares what he says?  I'm only interested in what he does.
Jeez, even I've enough gift at rhetoric to know that rhetoric can't be counted on.  And his speech writers are professionals.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: Voice of Truthfreedom and democracy and that's what he is trying to spread.  Shit...

Don't you get it? We don't believe that! But I guess I'll keep the rest of my debating in the other thread.

I have watched parts of his speeches (not many, I admit), so I don't really feel the need to this time.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

Cain

I have no TV.  Ah well, I'll do with a transcript off CNN or something.  I'll deal with it on Friday too, as I have my Reason and Argument exam that day (although it could be fun to go through that and see how it is structured... :) )

Voice of Truth

Well to those who won't watch it, feel free to never use the "close-minded" label on me ever again. :wink:

Wishfarple

Feel free to jump up my butt.  Watching some dipshit read off a teleprompter is about as worthwhile a use of my time as drinking nail polish remover, and not a tenth as much fun.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

East Coast Hustle

although, the fact that he reads it off of a teleprompter just makes it that much funnier when he spews out some malaprop or garbles his syntax...how the fuck does someone who can't even talk get to be president, anyway?

I guess we really did misunderestimate him...

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bella

I was planning to watch it on the internet tomorrow. Just to hear what he has to say.
But honestly, it's hard to take seriously someone who calls the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin,  "Pootie-Poot."
It's just flat ass embarrassing having that man as our president.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Cain

I certainly 'misunderestimated' him, I thought he was a gonner after the pretzel incident....besides, everyone knows he's the monkey and he dances to the tune of the Organ grinders.

East Coast Hustle

I decided I was lying about watching his speech...I'm not gonna bother...I've got a poker game that same day, and given the direction that our economy is headed, it may be my last best chance to get rich, so fuck Shrub and his recycled, redundant, retarded speech....

8)

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

1) Bush is not the second Hitler. Hitler was smart and charismatic. Bush is just fucking retarded. If anything, Cheney, Ashcroft/Gonzales, and Rumsfeld are the second Hitler.
2) Comparing the Bush administration to Hitler would dignify all of the past administrations of this country, something I'd never do. (Although this current administration is exceptional incompetent, opportunistic, and immoral) It'd also be implying that Hitler was an isolated case, and not just one in a long line of fucking asshole authority figures
3) I agree with what the communist bastard and EraPassing said. Bush could make an inspirational speech, and it'd still be a lie. He just prefers making a total fucking seemingly illiterate fool of himself. Part of me is glad we don't have a charismatic asshole like Clinton in office anymore, because it galvanizes the left more.
4) Even if Bush gives the fucking sermon on the mount at the inaugural address, it still doesn't change that he spent 40 million goddamn dollars on this stupid ass ceremony. That's money that could be feeding the hungry, clothing and sheltering the cold, curing the diseased, etc. (OMG I'M A MARXIST) I mean, it's not like there's a monumental disaster going on
5) However, I will watch the inauguration, because it will probably be fucking hilarious. I mean, I can only hope it's half as entertaining as those debates were. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. "Internets" has become a household word for me. It's a shame I can't get a ride to DC to hold up a "Fuck Bush" sign. Oh well. Maybe I'll just write a bitchy letter. I,Äôm getting long-winded. I already regret not just responding to this topic with ,ÄúGOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE,Äù. What the fuck is a Republican doing on a Discordian message board anyway?
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Cain

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell(OMG I'M A MARXIST)

OMG your a Marxist!  A Discordian one no less!  Run!

On a more serious point, wouldnt be a good idea to watch the speech so you have a ticklist next time you want to say what he didnt do?  I mean, we know he is a liar already, but more ammo cant hurt.  Supressive effect of firepower etc..