News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Garbo's Photography

Started by Juana, March 13, 2010, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

These are varying shades of Old, but I thought I'd post them anyway. Going to pick up the camera again in the near future, though.

Mesa Verde national park, from 2007

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nast

Pretty! Is that some California poppy in the last one?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

E.O.T.

DUDE

you gave us deepsea, landscape and micro (!!!)

HOLY SHIT

fucker. let's see what else ya got
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Juana

Landscape and macro is what I do, mostly, but I dabble in portraiture, too.

For Bigger

For Bigger

^ Also at Mesa Verde. For bigger

Edited to adjust sizes. If you want full detail, the links will give it to you.

Cramulus

Juana

That's the first time I think that's happened! :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Those appear to be really pretty, but FYI regardless of detail if the whole picture doesn't fit on the screen there's no way to really appreciate it. It's looking at 1/4 of a picture at a time and then trying to imagine what the whole image would look like if you could see it all at once.

Also, if I can see the scrollbar I can't see the top of the picture. So, you're better off resizing them so they at least fit on the screen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

I'll go fix that in the near future. I have debate rounds in about ten minutes.

Cramulus

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 18, 2010, 04:30:41 PM
Those appear to be really pretty, but FYI regardless of detail if the whole picture doesn't fit on the screen there's no way to really appreciate it. It's looking at 1/4 of a picture at a time and then trying to imagine what the whole image would look like if you could see it all at once.

Also, if I can see the scrollbar I can't see the top of the picture. So, you're better off resizing them so they at least fit on the screen.

if you're using opera, you can just click the "fit to screen" button in the bottom right hand corner of the browser, and it'll automatically resize everything

if you're using firefox, right click and hit "view image" - it'll resize it for your browser window

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on March 18, 2010, 05:06:05 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 18, 2010, 04:30:41 PM

if you're using opera, you can just click the "fit to screen" button in the bottom right hand corner of the browser, and it'll automatically resize everything

if you're using firefox, right click and hit "view image" - it'll resize it for your browser window

Good tips, thanks. I'm using Chrome, I'll see if it has a similar feature.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

bds

Really? If I right click on the photo>open image in new tab it scales down in the new tab. It's not fit to screen, but at least you can see it all?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BDS on March 19, 2010, 05:19:03 PM
Really? If I right click on the photo>open image in new tab it scales down in the new tab. It's not fit to screen, but at least you can see it all?

Ah, that works. Thanks.

Kind of a PITA and I doubt I will ever go to that much effort.

Juana

That much effort will never be required again. Sorry. :(