News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Toaster Oven is the New ...Oven.

Started by Eve, January 15, 2009, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

My oven broke. Actually, we just can't unlock that lock thing that you use when you clean the oven.. it's kind of sad. I unfortunately forgot about this and started making a quiche. Luckily, there is TOASTER OVEN.

It's the classy way to cook.

Suggested meals to be cooked with toaster oven? I think I'm stuck using it until my dad gets home to assess the situation, which isn't for a few days.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Bruno

Quote from: Eve on January 15, 2009, 08:35:17 PM
My oven broke. Actually, we just can't unlock that lock thing that you use when you clean the oven.. it's kind of sad. I unfortunately forgot about this and started making a quiche. Luckily, there is TOASTER OVEN.

It's the classy way to cook.

Suggested meals to be cooked with toaster oven? I think I'm stuck using it until my dad gets home to assess the situation, which isn't for a few days.

Take some crackers, I recommend whole wheat Premium saltines. Spread peanut butter on them and top with half a marshmallow.

Toast until toasted.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've been doing a lot of cooking with my toaster oven. Hot dogs, steak, fish, etc.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

For a moment I thought there was a quiche stuck IN the oven.  After 3 days, what a SMELL! :lulz:

I have seen a toaster make:

Bread (Must be low enough to not burn on the heating elements)
Pizza (turn frequently) (reheat on a toaster pan, or it may catch on fire, referencing the xmas ee fire of '08)
Pork chops
Baked Potatoes
Chicken (in pieces)
Broil Steak
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Steak cooked at like 225 in a toaster oven looks funny, but is DELICIOUS and tender!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

On a side note, I finally located a cheap new oven for myself, after being without for over a month.

FUCKIN' YAY!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

We do whole roasts in the toaster oven these days, but ours has a neat convection setting. We have also made pies (fruit and meat) in the toaster oven, whole chickens and just last night, boneless pork rib loin.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Yeah, you can do just about everything you do in a regular oven in the toaster oven...as long as you have the space!  I'm thinking sky's pretty much the limit here, Eve.

Suu

I HAVE TOASTED DEATH SANDWICHES IN THAT TOASTER OVEN!

IT'S LEGENDARY NAO.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

TOASTER IS HOLY RELIC.

Aside:  "Do not put cheese in toaster"  - Note on college toaster. 
(Jeez, you start one or two fires and people get all tightassed.  They never even mentioned the pie...)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bruno

You have to turn a toaster sideways to toast a grilled cheese sandwich in it, der.

Also works for reheating pizza.
Formerly something else...

Sir Squid Diddimus

isn't there a latch release button on your stove??

or try push or pull

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne