News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bds

Quote from: Mourning Star on August 17, 2009, 07:01:19 AM
Yeah!  Great work Trip!

anothre issue with rfd is that I simply don't have time to be the sole administrator.  I could use a staff, people to update the schedule, and add new people, and help them get off the ground with the server info and helping them figure out how to broadcast...

any takers?

I'll give you a hand with that, if you like. I already do some of that stuff anyway. :) Also, now I have Sam Broadcaster working properly again, I will probably do more shows. I will possibly do one before I go away, depends on how many people are around. If not, I'll step up a bit when I get back.

Mourning Star

It's done.  Please make sure you sign your front page posts.  I was hoping there was a way to make wp do that automatically, but I cannot find said setting

bds

Quote from: Mourning Star on August 17, 2009, 05:34:43 PM
It's done.  Please make sure you sign your front page posts.  I was hoping there was a way to make wp do that automatically, but I cannot find said setting

Coolio, thanks! :)

Triple Zero

Quote from: Mourning Star on August 17, 2009, 05:34:43 PM

Oh, that's probably because I have the "author" tag hidden in the stylesheet. When I made it I didnt think it would become a multi-user blog. I can add it in, if you want, though.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

That would be great!

And yeah, I didn't think it would need multiuser.  I didn't really forsee a time when I WOULDN'T be lazing around the house with nothing but time to personally handle all my little projects

LMNO

As a listener, I only have time to tune in between 7 - 4 EST.  Since none of y'all seem to broadcast then, I stopped paying attention.

Mourning Star

lmno. Yes.  I'd like to find an auto-DJ solution to fill the gaps when people aren't on.  But i'm not really sure where to get started.

bds

Sam Broadcaster has an Auto-DJ setting, I'm not sure entirely how it works though. I think all the DJ has to do is add songs to the queue, and Sam will automatically switch to and broadcast them.

Mourning Star

I haven't quite figured that program out.

But I don't want to have my upstream tied up 24/7 with broadcasts either...that's why I bought a server for the radio station instead of hosting it out of my house.

bds

Quote from: Mourning Star on August 18, 2009, 06:03:26 PM
I haven't quite figured that program out.

But I don't want to have my upstream tied up 24/7 with broadcasts either...that's why I bought a server for the radio station instead of hosting it out of my house.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't mind sharing the load, putting out some Auto-DJ stuff, if it comes to that, though. I dunno about more server based solutions, to be honest. :/

Mourning Star

The thing that auto-updates the twitter when the page is refreshed with a newstream...is borked...

not working anymore.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Mourning Star on August 19, 2009, 11:15:01 PM
The thing that auto-updates the twitter when the page is refreshed with a newstream...is borked...

not working anymore.

busy getting ready for Edinburgh, dont have time to fix it, poke me later when I'm on IRC, depends on where I can get internets, otherwise not before next wednesday.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

Just a heads up.  not a "FIX IT NAO!"  but when/if you get around to it.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I've got my show running on a cronjob (*sort of* an auto-dj thing). If it ends up working (which I'm not sure it is) I can fill in other spots without any major issues, including prerecorded shows &c.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

StoneCrowUK

hey enki i heard your show on tuesday, loved it. for me in the uk it was on at the right time for listening 5pm onwards, liked the chilled out weird kinda industrial stuff alot,

if i ever did a show it would be similar but with more violent industrial music and alot of synthcore and grindcore D+B ,
Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode