News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Miley Cyrus, Pedobear, and the Hollywood Spectacle

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 27, 2013, 08:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 09, 2013, 06:15:33 PM
I have a thing boiling about the game Miley's not playing. Would you like it here or should I put it over in the Counterpoint thread/

I think the Counterpoint thread, this one's long and getting played out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 09, 2013, 06:19:24 PM
I just noticed that Miley's nose is running in that video. That's not very pretty, Miley. As a matter of fact, I hadn't really noticed before but her lipstick is badly applied and her mascara is clumpy and coming off in flakes. Like what happens in real life, as opposed to music videos.

Oh, Miley, can't you just be a lady?

I never noticed the snot until the mashup video either. It doesn't show up on youtube.

Which is probably why everybody's not talking about it. Yet.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

You people have gotten Wrecking Ball stuck in my head for WEEKS, I'll have you know  :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 09, 2013, 10:43:18 PM
You people have gotten Wrecking Ball stuck in my head for WEEKS, I'll have you know  :argh!:

:lulz: I've been singing it for days.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: stelz on October 09, 2013, 10:19:34 PM
I just noticed that Miley's nose is running in that video. That's not very pretty, Miley. As a matter of fact, I hadn't really noticed before but her lipstick is badly applied and her mascara is clumpy and coming off in flakes. Like what happens in real life, as opposed to music videos.

I never noticed the snot until the mashup video either. It doesn't show up on youtube.

ya I didn't notice until the mash up either. And it looks like dried snot in a few shots.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 10, 2013, 03:33:31 AM

ya I didn't notice until the mash up either. And it looks like dried snot in a few shots.

It's unsexy.

She's doing sexual, but without the sexy. There's no invitation. It's freaking people's shit right out.  :lol:

hooplala

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 10, 2013, 06:12:47 PM

It's unsexy.

She's doing sexual, but without the sexy. There's no invitation. It's freaking people's shit right out.  :lol:

BINGO!  This is the distinction I made to my wife when we were discussing Miley the other night.  There's sexy and there's sexual, and the two are not necessarily the same.  I used Rocky Horror as my example at the time, clearly a sexual show, but not exactly sexy.  Miley is certainly NOT trying to be sexy, by my estimation.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on October 10, 2013, 09:10:59 PM

It's unsexy.

BINGO!  This is the distinction I made to my wife when we were discussing Miley the other night.  There's sexy and there's sexual, and the two are not necessarily the same.  I used Rocky Horror as my example at the time, clearly a sexual show, but not exactly sexy.  Miley is certainly NOT trying to be sexy, by my estimation.

Miley promised sexy, but delivered grotesque.  This is why America is so fucking angry.  They feel ripped off.  Plus, they had their mid-life crisis rubbed in their faces, and that's just rude.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 10, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 10, 2013, 09:10:59 PM

It's unsexy.

Miley promised sexy, but delivered grotesque.  This is why America is so fucking angry.  They feel ripped off.  Plus, they had their mid-life crisis rubbed in their faces, and that's just rude.

You might be onto something there.  If she had just gone the usual way for a lot of people in Hollywood and "accidentally" leaked a sex tape, I doubt there would be this much uproar.  Hell, the only time I remember even Madonna getting people this riled up was that year she put out Erotica, the Sex book, starred in Body of Evidence, and that expletive-laced tirade on Letterman... she had to work a hell of a lot harder.  But then, she hadn't been a Disney kid.  I wonder what would've happened if Annette went down this road 50 years ago?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on October 10, 2013, 09:39:16 PM
But then, she hadn't been a Disney kid.  I wonder what would've happened if Annette went down this road 50 years ago?

She would have spent the rest of her horrible, MS-ridden life in therapy.

I mean, come on...Beach Blanket Bingo wasn't even risque for that time period, although:

QuoteWhen she was cast in her first beach movie, Walt Disney requested that she only wear modest bathing suits and keep her navel covered.

WTF?  :lulz:

Also, for a 23 and 25 year old, she and Frankie Avalon looked like they were 35, playing teenagers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

For sure.  Even as a teen on the Mickey Mouse club she sorta looked like a 40 year old woman.  THough, a damn hot one.  I can't look at Skippy peanut butter without thinking of her voice.  Where was I?

Oh right... Miley.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on October 10, 2013, 09:47:16 PM
For sure.  Even as a teen on the Mickey Mouse club she sorta looked like a 40 year old woman.  THough, a damn hot one.  I can't look at Skippy peanut butter without thinking of her voice.  Where was I?

Oh right... Miley.

This gave rise to the Hollywood trope of having 30-somethings play high school/college students.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 10, 2013, 09:50:58 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 10, 2013, 09:47:16 PM

Oh right... Miley.

This gave rise to the Hollywood trope of having 30-somethings play high school/college students.

Grease is a particularly egregious example.  Rizzo, bless her wicked heart, looks 40ish.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman