News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

My Girl Friday

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 25, 2014, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 29, 2014, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 29, 2014, 07:18:19 PM
Oh fucking nice.

I was pretty happy with it.  I thought of going to 20 chapters, but there isn't enough story left.  I think instead I'm going to consolidate it into 15 chapters.  I have a lady doing some illustrations, and we're going to PDF it. FREE DOWNLOADS FOR EVERYBODY.

I was just gonna let it sit when I was done, but the artist is damn good and could use it for her portfolio.

Best part is, I've got two guys with editing experience cleaning it up.

Awesome. Looking forward to that.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

I just saw the thumbnail for the Panzer Girls. OMG.

That's just the concept sketch.  This is gonna rock.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Yeah I could see that being fun as hell for everyone involved.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 29, 2014, 08:18:43 PM

It is.  I have a group on FB for getting it done (perhaps even in graphic novel format), but I am still WRITING it here.  All that's over there are editing comments.  And there are a LOT of them.  :lol:

I've spent MONTHS plowing through LOBB, weeding out errors, and I still miss a pile of them.  These guys are like HAWKS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 29, 2014, 08:35:06 PM

It is.  I have a group on FB for getting it done (perhaps even in graphic novel format), but I am still WRITING it here.  All that's over there are editing comments.  And there are a LOT of them.  :lol:

I've spent MONTHS plowing through LOBB, weeding out errors, and I still miss a pile of them.  These guys are like HAWKS.

Wow, that is kick-ass. :) I'm bouncing-in-my-seat excited, over here.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 29, 2014, 10:48:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 29, 2014, 08:35:06 PM

Wow, that is kick-ass. :) I'm bouncing-in-my-seat excited, over here.

Graphic novel has been nixed due to time constraints, but the PDF will have a few key illustrations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Part 18

The Panzer slowed to a crawl.

"What are we doing, boss?" Sara asked.  "Light him up or run for it?"

"Neither", Hamish replied, "Shooting him won't work...We know that.  And where are we going to run where he can't find us?"

"So we're just gonna give up?"  Jaxx asked, looking irritated.

"No, I didn't say that.  I just said that the primate response set of 'fight or flee' isn't a workable solution right now."

Friday giggled, "Boss, sometimes I think you might actually be a biped."

"Thanks a lot.  Hey, Sara, go ahead and stop the Panzer and let us out.  You guys can run if you want, though I don't think it will help."

The Panzer settled onto the ground.  Sheila spoke up.  "I'm gonna stick, if it's all the same to you.  I've never seen a cyber-God before."

Her sister chimed in "Yeah, and we have company.  A Studebaker is coming up behind us.  Driver, no passengers."

The cargo comparment ramp opened.  Jaxx, Friday and Hamish stepped out.  Sheila and Sara were both sitting on the panzer's hull, with their legs dangling down into their hatches.  Hamish saw the car Sara had mentioned, as a rooster tail of dust approaching from the West.  Without the panzer's optics, though, it was just a dot in the distance.

He turned back to Horne's face.  As he watched, the face both shrank and approached.  He blinked, and Horne was standing in front of the group.  He was still glowering at them.

"You people have caused me no end of distraction", he said, "Explain to me why I shouldn't just erase you now."

"Because you're not gonna", Friday said, with a big grin.  She began skipping around the whole group, Horne and all.  "You're gonna be nice, Daddy, because these are my friends AND WE DON'T KILL MY FRIENDS."

"Daddy?"  Hamish and Jaxx asked, at the same time.

"Friday, why didn't you tell me Mr Horne was your father?"  Hamish said, looking a little peeved.

"Because you never asked?" 

"Excuse me!"  Horne broke in "Angry pseudo-diety, here!  Remember me?"

"Not as angry as mom is gonna be!", Friday laughed.

"What?"

The Studebaker pulled up to the group, and Mrs Horne got out.  "HORACE HORATIO HORNE!"  Horne winced, but there was no escape.  "You scared me half to death!  I thought you were dead!"

"We are dead, honey.  We've both been dead for a few years.  It's complicated."

"I don't care if we're dead.  That's no excuse for allowing me to think you'd been killed."

"Yes, dear."

"You and I are going to have a talk about this later."

"Yes, dear."

"Don't you 'yes dear' ME, mister.  I am most annoyed."

"Yes, de...I mean, okay, honey.  But first I have to decide what to do with these people."

"What is there to decide?  I hired Mr Howl, and the others seem to be working for him."

"You hired...Of course you did."  Horned looked deflated.

"So now, if you're done being a 300 foot-tall face, why don't YOU hire them?"

"Um.  Erm.  I hadn't thought of that."

"Yes, Horace, that's why you have me".  Mrs Horne beamed at the group.

"So", Horne began, "Cyber pseudo-deity in need of assistance running virtual universe.  You interested?"

Hamish and the others looked at each other.

"Sure", said Hamish.

"I got nothing better to do", Jaxx added.

"Suits us", the sisters said, "so long as..."

EPILOGUE

The panzer screamed across the desert, at an angle approaching Interstate 10.  On the highway, an early model Camaro was going full out, trying to stay ahead of the hover tank.  A missle leapt off of the forward launcher and raced toward the Camaro.  There was an explosion, and a solitary wheel bounced out of the burning wreckage.

"YESSSSSS!" Friday said, inside the turret.

"Nice one", Sara said, sitting in the seat beside her.

"That will teach HIM", Friday responded, "To stand ME up on a date."

The tank accelerated, and turned back towards The City.

END.

Q. G. Pennyworth

This is literally the best thing ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2014, 07:15:00 PM
This is literally the best thing ever.

:)

The editing will be done by Monday, and Kera's illustrations by the following weekend, then it will be released as a dropbox PDF, free for anyone who wants it.

Raz Tech

:lulz: That was outstanding!  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 31, 2014, 07:20:04 PM

I was worrying about how to end it, but then I remembered  Mrs Horne.

Angry God gets a dressing-down from his beloved wife.  <--- It just came to me.

Raz Tech

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 31, 2014, 07:21:24 PM

Threw me for a loop.  I also love that everyone was like meh, fuck it, I guess we'll help run the digital universe and shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 31, 2014, 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 31, 2014, 07:21:24 PM

Threw me for a loop.  I also love that everyone was like meh, fuck it, I guess we'll help run the digital universe and shit.

I've often wondered why the good guys never hire on.  In this case, they didn't have much of a choice.

Sita

Totally out of the blue and I loved it!

Can't wait for the pdf :)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Chelagoras The Boulder

just finished reading through the entire thread over the last few days. So worth it! This story is so good it's been squirming through my brain, pulling me back to the tab i had for it. Superb work Roger.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."