News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Preincarnate

Started by Danjanon, February 07, 2012, 01:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danjanon

Has anyone else here read Preincarnate by Shaun Micallef? I'm about half way through and I'm getting a bit of a Discordian vibe from it. Lots of 23s in the dates mentioned, conspiracies, similar humour. Definitely worth the read.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Danjanon on February 07, 2012, 01:16:05 PM
Has anyone else here read Preincarnate by Shaun Micallef? I'm about half way through and I'm getting a bit of a Discordian vibe from it. Lots of 23s in the dates mentioned, conspiracies, similar humour. Definitely worth the read.

Warren Ellis mentioned the number 23 a total of 5 times in his novel Crooked Little Vein.

Which, of course, makes it Discordian.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Danjanon

@Cramulus: It's kind of a time travel, comedic whodunnit and since all of time apparently happens simultaneously it involves a little preincarnation. The wiki page has the blurb, so I'll just leave that here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preincarnate_(book)
Honest to Thoth, the more I read it the more I think Mr Micallef either is a Discordian or has read some of the texts.

@The Good Reverend Roger: I'm not sure if you're kidding about Crooked Little Vein or not, and I like it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Danjanon on February 08, 2012, 12:28:32 PM
@Cramulus: It's kind of a time travel, comedic whodunnit and since all of time apparently happens simultaneously it involves a little preincarnation. The wiki page has the blurb, so I'll just leave that here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preincarnate_(book)
Honest to Thoth, the more I read it the more I think Mr Micallef either is a Discordian or has read some of the texts.

@The Good Reverend Roger: I'm not sure if you're kidding about Crooked Little Vein or not, and I like it.

It was the first one.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Danjanon

Do you guys know of Shaun Micalleff overseas?

The Good Reverend Roger

Honest to Thoth,

Wait.  How did I miss this?

Oh, dear.  There is no emote that we have that adequately expresses my feelings at this particular moment.

Danjanon

I slip those sorts of things into every day life all the time. You are the first person to comment on it. You win a prize! (the prize is me promising you a prize and then me forgetting to ever get you one)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Danjanon on February 11, 2012, 01:00:45 PM
I slip those sorts of things into every day life all the time. You are the first person to comment on it. You win a prize! (the prize is me promising you a prize and then me forgetting to ever get you one)

No, that's not the prize. 

You wanna know what the prize is?

Danjanon

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Danjanon on February 12, 2012, 09:50:44 AM
Yes?

I got a bit of advice, sir.  What you wanted to say was "No."  Not that that would get you off anyway, but then you can shriek in horror and no one can say "Well that's what you wanted, wasn't it?"

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 11, 2012, 12:48:10 AM

Honest to Thoth,

Wait.  How did I miss this?

Oh, dear.  There is no emote that we have that adequately expresses my feelings at this particular moment.

I don't know about you, but this works for me:

Golden Applesauce

Devil's Druj's Advocate:
Isn't it better when people actively fight the "Christian Nation" myth so we don't all feel obligated to pretend to be christian in polite society, even if they sound like a retard while doing it?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on February 14, 2012, 11:55:52 PM
Devil's Druj's Advocate:
Isn't it better when people actively fight the "Christian Nation" myth so we don't all feel obligated to pretend to be christian in polite society, even if they sound like a retard while doing it?

What? Who the fuck feels obligated to pretend to be Christian?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."