News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

What REALLY Happened, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 13, 2011, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Dorothy was all too accepting of the unquestionable crippling buearcracy of Oz too.  You have to wonder about a place thatwill hand out plastic surgery like Haloween candy but will not even admit that the big boss has  broken doorbell without prodding.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Holy ShitBiscuits, EoC. I am beginning to think you and Roger are a dangerous combination.   :aaa: :horrormirth: :aaa:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Don Coyote

To whit I argue that The Dorothy did a great a noble thing. She declared for all to know that the 'wizard' was no wizard but a simple charlatan. Utilizing his superior knowledge, such as it was, of the modern sciences to institute himself as a dictator for life. It is not Her fault those She called companion fell prey to their vices. She had places to go. She had to get back and Do the Right Things, like all good American girls.

Only Communists and Terrorists would have wanted her to adventure in Oz.

Luna

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 14, 2011, 12:14:45 AM
She had to get back and Do the Right Things, like all good American girls.

Screw that.  I'm aware of two job openings that I'd be applying for.

I always wanted an army of winged monkeys.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 14, 2011, 12:14:45 AM
To whit I argue that The Dorothy did a great a noble thing. She declared for all to know that the 'wizard' was no wizard but a simple charlatan. Utilizing his superior knowledge, such as it was, of the modern sciences to institute himself as a dictator for life. It is not Her fault those She called companion fell prey to their vices. She had places to go. She had to get back and Do the Right Things, like all good American girls.

Lest we forget, Dorothy killed two Wicked Witches and freed many slaves in doing so.

Why would you persecute her so bad for the weaknesses of others?

The Munchkins were perennial suck-ups as is demonstrated by their relationship with Glenda, so what did you expect from them when Dorothy dropped a house on an old nemesis?

Eater of Clowns

Rupert is an old man, not that you can tell in the Emerald City.  His skin is stilly shiny and has the plastic youthfulness of Oz's denizens.  No, Rupert is an old man because he still has those heavily waved and pointed locks of an age gone by.  All the kids are sporting weird spikes now, and messy deconstructions, but Rupert is a classic kind of guy.

He runs the Old Wizard Museum.  Keeps an eye out on the live ones, the visitors that come in and want to know history, fact, reality.  But those are very rare and sometimes, he thinks he can spot them pretty well now, but sometimes they're pretending to care so they can bust him for dissent, toss his old body in the dungeons with the rest of the political prisoner.  It confuses him, though, being a rabble rouser just because he's telling a story.  A true story, no less.

So instead of walking by the controls the Old Wizard used and telling tales of the delightful illusions, he points at one and he leans in to the closest little one in the tour group, gets his voice to a low whisper and looks into their big, frightened eyes and says, "This one was used for burning."  It wasn't a lie, really, the switch set off some jets of flame but he knew that daft old eccentric never used to actually hurt anyone.  That's the kind of thing Rupert did, though, he tried not to lie, tried not to propagate the words of The Church.  And that's the kind of thing that got him noticed.

In the darkened rooms where he met a few others to share ideas he always made it clear that the girl was no devil.  No, Dorothy was probably perfectly sweet, if a bit simple and most certainly short sighted.  He'd explain over spirits, and boy if anything good came from the modern day it was the drink that took the edge off of their nervous days, that the Three Kings were good folk, once.  They didn't mean all the harm they'd done, they just, like so many good folk, couldn't fathom the costs of the utopia they tried to build.  The conversation usually got heated here, though, and had to stop lest the noise attracted unwanted attention.  Ears were everywhere.

No, Rupert keeps his head down.  Both to stay unnoticed and to keep just below the smog.  He sells little figurines of the Old Wizard with a malevolent glare and pointed, evil looking robes.  They sell best, actually, and he's going to need some funds if he ever gets around to retiring.  Put in his papers to move outside the city years back, even, because he knows these kinds of things are a real pain to move through the bureaucracy.  It's not like he's saved up enough for one of those condos on the Yellow Brick Road, but there might just be enough for a little flat in a quiet town where he can't see the soot soiled towers of the city.  Just maybe.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eve

Wow. :mittens:

Looks like I need to go read the rest of this thread.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Adios

Quote from: Eve on June 14, 2011, 10:15:28 PM

Yeah, PD kidnaps yet another TGRR thread.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Charley Brown on June 15, 2011, 12:17:53 AM

The irony displayed here is astounding.   :lol:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Adios

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 15, 2011, 12:23:48 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on June 15, 2011, 12:17:53 AM

The irony displayed here is astounding.   :lol:

:lulz:

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Doktor Howl

The Wizard knew he was doomed.  The girl had gotten past everything he'd placed in her path, with the help of her cyborgs and the enhanced lion that she had allied with.  Even the Wicked Witch of the West was no help.  Her flying monkeys had been burned from the sky by the heartless, metallic cyborg, and the survivors eaten by the lion. 

He'd have to bluff, of course, but he wasn't too hopeful.  If, however, he could trick them into letting him escape in his balloon, then he'd just go home and count himself lucky to have survived.

He imagined that the girl would probably take his place...He just hoped she wasn't too hard on the Munchkins.  They were a simple people, and he'd really grown fond of them.

He looked out over Oz, choked up a bit, and then started packing his essentials in the balloon's basket.
Molon Lube