News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:14:30 AM
This is uncanny.  I said fuck it and timed the commercials.  They are almost precisely 10 minutes apart (+/- 30 seconds), and there are exactly 1 per commercial break, last commercial, 6 per hour.

The level of saturation is HUGE.  The Koch Brothers must be spending a few hundred thousand in Southern Arizona alone.

That's horrifying. I don't envy you.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 01:43:31 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on April 17, 2014, 01:36:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 09:34:14 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 16, 2014, 09:33:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 03:00:53 AM
I just found out there's naegleria fowleri in the Colorado river.

Where we get our drinking water.

:banana:

Just don't swim in the Colorado river and you'll be fine.

Don't ruin the magic, Nigel.

Oar, always remember to pack some Thorazine with that towel :horrormirth:

Well, thanks for acknowledging my existence.  I thought I turned invisible or some shit.

But if I was going to drug myself out of knowing my brain was being eaten by amoebas, I'd go whole hog and shoot heroin.
I totally respect your pursuit of peak experience, it's just that the Thorazine, this time, has been shown to TREAT REAL (vs. metaphorical) brain bugs :eek:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on April 17, 2014, 02:18:39 AM

Well, thanks for acknowledging my existence.  I thought I turned invisible or some shit.

But if I was going to drug myself out of knowing my brain was being eaten by amoebas, I'd go whole hog and shoot heroin.
I totally respect your pursuit of peak experience, it's just that the Thorazine, this time, has been shown to TREAT REAL (vs. metaphorical) brain bugs :eek:

Not naegleria fowleri.  The only treatment that seems to work is Miltefosine.  And it fucks your shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: President Television on April 17, 2014, 02:17:44 AM
This is uncanny.  I said fuck it and timed the commercials.  They are almost precisely 10 minutes apart (+/- 30 seconds), and there are exactly 1 per commercial break, last commercial, 6 per hour.

The level of saturation is HUGE.  The Koch Brothers must be spending a few hundred thousand in Southern Arizona alone.

It's like standing in a blizzard of shit. 

Is this happening elsewhere in the states?  It must be, though we'd be a heavy target, alongside Florida.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:21:25 AM

Is this happening elsewhere in the states?  It must be, though we'd be a heavy target, alongside Florida.

We probably aren't watching the right channels, but I'm not seeing one bit of it.

They're probably targetted ads.

Targetting you specifically.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 17, 2014, 02:23:20 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:21:25 AM

We probably aren't watching the right channels, but I'm not seeing one bit of it.

They're probably targetted ads.

Targetting you specifically.

Targeting retirees.

Arizona, like Florida, is a retirement state.  Retirees are one of the fastest growing demographics, and they are the ones most concerned with the state of their healthcare.

The level of scare-mongering in these ads is intense. 

Very concerned granny voice/husky, worried thick accented middle age Hispanic lady voice:

"Seniors are losing their doctors.  Tell congressman Barbour that Obamacare is not working.  keepthemaccountable.net"

The Good Reverend Roger

I could say that precisely, because it was time for another iteration.

I live in hell.

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:20:42 AM

Not naegleria fowleri.  The only treatment that seems to work is Miltefosine.  And it fucks your shit.
Totally, it's not naegeleria fowleri, still:

QuoteWhile miltefosine had therapeutic effects during an in vivo study in mice, chlorpromazine (Thorazine) showed to be the most effective substance – the authors concluded: "Chlorpromazine had the best therapeutic activity against N. fowleri in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, it may be a more useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of PAME than amphotericin B."[17]
wiki

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on April 17, 2014, 02:28:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 02:20:42 AM

Totally, it's not naegeleria fowleri, still:

QuoteWhile miltefosine had therapeutic effects during an in vivo study in mice, chlorpromazine (Thorazine) showed to be the most effective substance – the authors concluded: "Chlorpromazine had the best therapeutic activity against N. fowleri in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, it may be a more useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of PAME than amphotericin B."[17]
wiki

You're as bad as Nigel, sucking all the fun out of Tucson.   :argh!:

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2014, 10:23:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 16, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 07:00:04 PM
Welcome to the world of, "There's an error, but we won't tell you what it is."

"...but you can almost certainly fix it painlessly after a quick Google search"

Problem: I cannot connect to Google.

YOU'RE FUCKED FOREVER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 17, 2014, 03:08:24 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2014, 10:23:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 16, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 07:00:04 PM
Welcome to the world of, "There's an error, but we won't tell you what it is."

"...but you can almost certainly fix it painlessly after a quick Google search"

Problem: I cannot connect to Google.

YOU'RE FUCKED FOREVER.

:lulz:

You know, the world missed something when you weren't on FC with ECH, Cain, and I.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2014, 12:51:22 AM
The above isn't bitching at other people.  It's me realizing that I'm posting just as people leave.

And I'm talking to myself again.

I need to get out of here.

Thing is, your post is still gonna be there when everybody comes back to read. And perhaps respond. It's one of the many benefits of the forum format over Facebook; you don't miss out on posts because you weren't there when they were posted.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 17, 2014, 01:58:12 AM
My friend's brother died last Friday suddenly, at home, at 31. The funeral service has a memory book to sign online, which I did, and most of the energy I would have spent on Necronomicoin today I spent on that. They also have a Life Images section. If you click on it, it reads, I shit you not, Slide 1 of Infinity.

The slide is completely black.

I think writing existential horror is fucking up my brain because that is the scariest goddamn thing.

:aaa:

That's. Kinda twisted. And kinda awesome.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's extremely interesting, because they wouldn't put that much money into convincing people if they didn't really REALLY think it's going to take a lot of convincing. Which is actually the first solid evidence I've seen that perhaps the ACA is working out pretty well for a lot of people.