News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIME?

Started by BAKAKUN, April 09, 2007, 06:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIME?

NARUTO
2 (11.8%)
INUYASHA
2 (11.8%)
YU-GI-OH!
4 (23.5%)
POKEMON
8 (47.1%)
TENCHI MUYO
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 09, 2007, 06:32:12 PM
I'm an uber-fan of Vehicle Voltron!

Ho-lee fuck! I thought I had imagined vehicle voltron! No one I ask ever remembers it...
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 09, 2010, 06:46:06 PM
Akira,

The end of Akira was so bad, I wanted to nuke Hiroshima again.

There is no such thing as good anime.  Period.
Molon Lube

Cain

Death Note swung between extremely entertaining (the convoluted plotting) and entirely narmful (the infamous potato chip scene)

Triple Zero

I forgot how Akira ended :?

But afaik the graphics in the second half and a bit before the ending were pretty awesome.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Aucoq

I voted for Yu-Gi-OH! (the original series, at least).  I loved that show when I was younger.  The television series didn't do the manga justice though.  While the entire series wasn't the most "adult" manga out there, it was definitely a lot more mature and darker than the series.  For example, the "Shadow Realm" of the series didn't exist in the manga.  In the television series, where a character would enter the "Shadow Realm," he'd actually be killed in the manga.  Or worse.  For example, in the television show, one of the characters (Marik) sent his father to the Shadow Realm.  But in the manga the character skinned the tattoo off of his father's back.  The same character (Marik), in the anime, had tattoos on his back.  But in the manga, his father had taken a knife and carved the symbols into his back.  Also, the "main" character (Yami Yugi) and the monsters were a lot darker/sinister/heartless in the manga.  Ah, the memories, haha.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Bruno

I'ma go with Bo-bobo-bo-bo-bobo, and Perfect Hair Forever.
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

I should really watch bobobobobobobo again, some time. It was so ridiculous, I couldn't keep up. Can you get it from regular torrent sites? If so, what's the proper amount of bo's? :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Bruno

Wikipedia says 7 Bo's. ("Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo")

There's a torrent on Pirate Bay that has all 76 episodes (13 GB).

Also, Perfect Hair Forever is on AdultSwim.com.
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Perfect Hair Forever for the motherfucking win!

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

President Television

Quote from: Kingderp on August 09, 2010, 09:18:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdHDyMrXnxQ&feature=related

This is the most supaa kawaii~ anime ever made DESU.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
   :fnord:
:fnord: :fnord:
My stepfather came into the room while I was watching that and told me to get a life.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 09, 2010, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 09, 2007, 06:32:12 PM
I'm an uber-fan of Vehicle Voltron!

Ho-lee fuck! I thought I had imagined vehicle voltron! No one I ask ever remembers it...

Well, I don't know where or how it was aired in the States, but I watched the Voltron series on a New Brunswick CBC affiliate.  They would alternate back and forth.  They'd go through the Lion series, then air the Vehicle series, rinse, repeat, etc. 

But as much as I liked Voltron, my favorite as a kid was Battle of the Planets/G-Force.  Which aired on the New Brunswick CTV affiliate.  Thank goodness for Canadian TV. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 10, 2010, 02:51:29 AM

My stepfather came into the room while I was watching that and told me to get a life.

You should subscribe to them. Every couple of weeks they either upload a video of them playing metroid or raping furniture.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

President Television

Quote from: Kingderp on August 10, 2010, 03:06:54 AM
Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 10, 2010, 02:51:29 AM

You should subscribe to them. Every couple of weeks they either upload a video of them playing metroid or raping furniture.

Awesome.

Also, I have a great deal of respect for Yu-Gi-Oh! for one reason:

They had the balls to put that on a children's television program. On a 4Kids show at that.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.