Started by JackALope2323, March 09, 2010, 03:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Once ain't gonna cut it.

Also, placement is everything.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

also, take a look at your goals.

Do you think that a one liner can instigate enlightenment? If so, what does that enlightenment look like? Are there any times in your life that you heard a sentence which changed your perceptions or behavior?

You can't force people to drink the tea of enlightenment anyway. It's too hot to drink, and probably better used as a weapon.  :wink:

Perhaps your best hope is to put feelers out there, signposts for other people like you to follow. When I am designing a prank, my target audience is generally a slightly younger version of myself. I think about what would have woken ME up, what would have changed MY behavior.

It's also a lot of fun to do battle versus the Machine. If you view your efforts as the first steps on a path to global enlightenment, you may be gazing too deeply into your navel. You're bound to be disappointed. But if you see yourself as one of the factors in the ongoing romance between order and disorder, it doesn't matter whether you "win" or "lose", it's largely about how much fun you have while you're doing it. Putting up all those posters did make you feel like a secret agent, didn't it? Well the truth is, there IS a giant conspiracy and it starts with YOU.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Not sure what you wanted to accomplish but.....

People read what you put up.

You pissed off the local authority.

To me, it seems it was a positive postering!

Dimocritus

KEEP IT GOING!

There's no such thing as bad press!

Incidentally, which posters are you using? If you are making your own, feel free to share. I can always  use new material when OMFing the campus.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

JackALope2323

@ Dimo: My posters: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmyvmemmga2

I'm updating them as I go along, too. For example, one I just put in today that isn't on there: "Short-term enjoyment for short-term existence."

@ Cramulus: Thanks for the help. I'll definitely take your advice into more than casual consideration. As it is, the main problem I have, that I try to fix, is that I always do things with a goal in mind. I really need to work on the whole "doing something for the sake of doing it" jazz. I figure once I perfect that, my PosterGASMs will go over a lot better.

I had fun while doing it, certainly. But I think my over-all long-term goal still fought against me. Even when I realized that I had a goal, and that I shouldn't, I really couldn't get it to go away. I really need to get into not taking life so seriously and just doing things for the enjoyment. =D

Thanks for Artiststamp, too. Brilliant idea.

Anyways, I think I'm beginning to ramble now.

Thank you to EVERYONE for your support and advice. I'll definitely take it all in, and refine my GASMs into even better forms. -Jack

Iron Sulfide

while looking for new target areas to do this, you may do well to scope out the area(s) first, noting any security/cameras you'll need to avoid.

Also, if you haven't read it yet, i highly recommend this crash course:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20324.0

oh yeah...and have fun.
Ya' stupid Yank.

the last yatto

they called it Vandalism :lulz:
maybe littering sure... but no worse then what one would see around student elections
they didnt even have to request the janitor to repaint the walls

bet they didnt recycle all that paper either

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pēleus on March 12, 2010, 02:21:52 PM
they called it Vandalism :lulz:
maybe littering sure...

Yeah I wanted to say the same thing... Unless you stapled them to things that got damaged in the process instead of taping them, it's not vandalism. Vandalism is when you damage things. This is littering. Not that it excuses your actions [in the eyes of the management], but calling it "vandalism" ... why not call it TERRRRRRRORISM right away? :lulz:

another idea. if your school has a library or something with a lot of books. print out the memebombs on tiny strips of paper, and slip in the strips of paper one in every book or so. You don't have to do it all at once, just do a few every day. There is no way they will be able to search through all the books, so they will find these slips for YEARS to come. Payne and I did this to great success at a Day of Discord Edinburgh Edition with the books of some of my friends, they have a rather large fantasy books collection and they will be finding teh weird for years and years :D :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

He 'Vandalized' not the physical environs, he Vandalized their message, as enforced by the physical environment. Every wonder why schools resemble prisons?

This is why I'd count it as a win, and get more devious about vandalizing their message.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!