News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Wanted a chelada

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 22, 2013, 04:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bud Light Lime, Franks & V8
Didn't have clam juice so I used nam pla
Turned out pretty good.   
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Eleven out of ten East Coast Discordians have determined that chelada is a crime against nature. Except for EoC, who is less "Discordian" and more "wrathful, maladjusted protoplasm" and gleefully distributes the stuff to unsuspecting chumps.

Normally, I would put this sort of thing down to being a matter of taste, but not this time. There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to throw reason, perspective, and fairness to the wind and say, "What am I willing to put up with today? NOT FUCKING THIS!"

This is that time.

actually I'm pretty sure we already had this discussion after the 2011 Memorial Day Meatup thread, and everyone walked away having the exact same opinions they started out with

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

God knows what barbarities you East Coasters consume on a regular basis. Wasn't Scrapple your idea? Who came up with that? "Hey, I have a bunch of waste meat... I know, let's puree it and mix it with cornmeal! That'll be delicious!"

I feel like since you gave the world Scrapple, I should be able to mix my beer with hot sauce, seafood squeezins, and tomato juice free from harrassment, Eastern.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 22, 2013, 06:09:17 AM
God knows what barbarities you East Coasters consume on a regular basis. Wasn't Scrapple your idea? Who came up with that? "Hey, I have a bunch of waste meat... I know, let's puree it and mix it with cornmeal! That'll be delicious!"

I feel like since you gave the world Scrapple, I should be able to mix my beer with hot sauce, seafood squeezins, and tomato juice free from harrassment, Eastern.

I have never actually had Scrapple. I'm pretty sure I didn't even know what it was until quite recently.

But pureeing unattractive meat-parts of animals and mixing them with some kind of filler is a sacred tradition and we shouldn't judge the hungry Swamp Yankees that got hungry enough to make a really ghetto-ass, shapeless hot dog. Proto-Spam, really.

INTERNET SLEUTHING REVEALS: Scrapple is a traditional food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Amish.

so basically what we can conclude from this thorough analysis is that chelada, while apparently enjoyed by people basically everywhere in America except for the Northeast, is still objectively an abomination

Pope Pixie Pickle

apart from the fish sauce part, it sounds to me like the bastard offspring of a lager shandy and a bloody mary.

both which are valid drinks.

LMNO

Once, upon a Time, I was vehemently opposed to the very IDEA of a Michelada.

Then I drank one, at a bar I trusted

Granted, they added a shot of tequila to the beer/spicy tomato juice/lime mix, so.

The biggest problem I have when drinking them is reminding myself that it doesn't taste the way it looks. Which is a weird thing to say, but those who drink 'em probably know where I'm coming from.

Eater of Clowns

I revisited the cheleda a few months ago, making a poor concoction of Naragansett lager and Clamato. It was just a salty, gross mess that I got sick of halfway through my second glass.

I have not given up on the drink, and take a sort of sick pleasure in the horror a tallboy of Budweiser Cheleda in a Can inflicts upon myself and, yes, others.

The sriracha cookbook I have includes a cheleda recipe in it that I'm very curious to try.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on September 22, 2013, 08:19:21 AM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 22, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

I have never actually had Scrapple. I'm pretty sure I didn't even know what it was until quite recently.

But pureeing unattractive meat-parts of animals and mixing them with some kind of filler is a sacred tradition and we shouldn't judge the hungry Swamp Yankees that got hungry enough to make a really ghetto-ass, shapeless hot dog. Proto-Spam, really.

INTERNET SLEUTHING REVEALS: Scrapple is a traditional food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Amish.

so basically what we can conclude from this thorough analysis is that chelada, while apparently enjoyed by people basically everywhere in America except for the Northeast, is still objectively an abomination

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2013, 10:57:46 AM
Once, upon a Time, I was vehemently opposed to the very IDEA of a Michelada.

Then I drank one, at a bar I trusted

Granted, they added a shot of tequila to the beer/spicy tomato juice/lime mix, so.

The biggest problem I have when drinking them is reminding myself that it doesn't taste the way it looks. Which is a weird thing to say, but those who drink 'em probably know where I'm coming from.

You mean they don't look REDLY REFRESHING to you? Because to me, they taste EXACTLY how they look.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 22, 2013, 01:21:45 PM
I revisited the cheleda a few months ago, making a poor concoction of Naragansett lager and Clamato. It was just a salty, gross mess that I got sick of halfway through my second glass.

I have not given up on the drink, and take a sort of sick pleasure in the horror a tallboy of Budweiser Cheleda in a Can inflicts upon myself and, yes, others.

The sriracha cookbook I have includes a cheleda recipe in it that I'm very curious to try.

OK, let me give you my recipe.

You have to start with cheap beer. Budweiser, Miller, whatever.

Add V8. Some people prefer a 50/50 mix, I like about a 2:1 ratio of beer/V8. Clamato is ok too, whatever.

If you are using V8, you need to add a few dollops of clam juice.

Add hot sauce to taste. I prefer Cholula but Tapatio is good too.

Squeeze 1 lime wedge into it, stir.

Sprinkle salt on top.

Mmmmm refreshing!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is pretty much the best thing on earth to drink on a hot day when you've been exerting yourself. If you drink it under those circumstances, your body will go OMG THANK YOU! and you will love them evermore.

trippinprincezz13

The Budweiser Chelada one actually wasn't horrible, even though there seemed to be a bit of shame mixed into the can.

I would like to try making one up as Nigel mentioned, as I sometimes find myself craving one, since sometimes Bloody Mary's are a bit too heavy.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on September 23, 2013, 05:46:50 PM
The Budweiser Chelada one actually wasn't horrible, even though there seemed to be a bit of shame mixed into the can.

:lulz: It's their secret ingredient.

Cramulus

a bit of shame? A bit of an understatement.

Budweiser chelada is 100% shame. You are tasting straight shame.

If you were to invent a shamometer, a device which measured shame, the unit of measurement would be the chelada.

I would rather drink vitreous fluid through a bendy straw with a hole in it than taste that foul orcish concoction again

Eater of Clowns

I really think Budweiser Cheleda in a can should the official drink of Discordia everywhere. With a pepper spray chaser.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.