News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

The Confessional is OPEN.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 04, 2011, 06:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on November 04, 2011, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:34:49 PM
Quote from: trix on November 04, 2011, 07:13:01 PM
I have been trolling you guys from day 1.

:mrgreen:

Duh.

You will spend the rest of your life in Milwaukee or Appleton.
:aaa:
:horrormirth:
:evilmad:

Sorry.  Sub-par trolling is a mortal sin, not a venal one, and I can't let you off the hook easy, or everyone will let their standards go all to hell.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on November 04, 2011, 07:50:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on November 04, 2011, 07:48:25 PM
I have been supporting the faculty strike at my university.

How is that a sin?
Ayn Rand thinks it's a sin.  :lol:

Ayn Rand was a withered old knee biter. 

However, for bringing her up in a Holy Thread™, your penance is to read The Fountainhead within the next month.  The whole thing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on November 04, 2011, 07:50:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on November 04, 2011, 07:48:25 PM
I have been supporting the faculty strike at my university.

How is that a sin?
Ayn Rand thinks it's a sin.  :lol:

Ayn Rand was a withered old knee biter. 

However, for bringing her up in a Holy Thread™, your penance is to read The Fountainhead within the next month.  The whole thing.
OFUK. Thematic penance.  :horrormirth:

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

trix

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:51:04 PM

Duh.

Sorry.  Sub-par trolling is a mortal sin, not a venal one, and I can't let you off the hook easy, or everyone will let their standards go all to hell.

But everyone starts out sub-par, it's practice that makes perfect!

...I really don't want to spend my life in Milwaukee or Appleton.  I beg you to reconsider!  What if I enter the Dok's rehabilitation program?  I know survival is unlikely, but I'd prefer to give myself to SCIENCE than spend my life in Milwaukee.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on November 04, 2011, 07:55:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 07:51:04 PM

Duh.

But everyone starts out sub-par, it's practice that makes perfect!

...I really don't want to spend my life in Milwaukee or Appleton.  I beg you to reconsider!  What if I enter the Dok's rehabilitation program?  I know survival is unlikely, but I'd prefer to give myself to SCIENCE than spend my life in Milwaukee.

HEY.

I don't write the book, I just enforce it.

Juana

My favorite hiphop duo are musically based in lounge.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 04, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
My favorite hiphop duo are musically based in lounge.

1.  That's not a sin in ANY religion, and

2.  Who is Richard Cheese working with?

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Juana

The Good Reverend Roger

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Forgive me Rev. for I have sinned... I've been following some terrible Turkish dramatic tv shows, even though I can only understand about 10% of what they're saying.

There's the 'Building Dude's Daughter'* show, where a poor girl pretends to be rich to get some guy, but then everyone found out and now he lives in her building just to make her life miserable. Meanwhile, her main rival for the guys affection also lives in the building, but her Dad just died of a heart attack after following her stepmother to a houseboat where her lover lived...

There's there "Serial Killer's Life Story'* show which documents the childhood of some poor sod that ends up being a serial killer. Highlights include his father and stepfather having a duel with pistols, his father showing up at a party and shooting his stepfather in the chest... right before his paternal grandmother shoots his father in the back... and lets not forget the constant ass kicking he gets in school.

Also, there's the 'Raped Chick Story'* which tells all about some poor girl that got raped by several rich guys, who then pressured a poor guy into marrying her in order to keep her quiet. Then they frame him for some crime which gets him put in prison for a couple years. By the time he gets out, the girl loves him, but he's decided that he doesn't deserve her... meanwhile, the rapists are all pissed off because she's pressing charges.

What is my penance?

*Not the actual names of the shows
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 04, 2011, 08:54:58 PM
Forgive me Rev. for I have sinned... I've been following some terrible Turkish dramatic tv shows, even though I can only understand about 10% of what they're saying.

There's the 'Building Dude's Daughter'* show, where a poor girl pretends to be rich to get some guy, but then everyone found out and now he lives in her building just to make her life miserable. Meanwhile, her main rival for the guys affection also lives in the building, but her Dad just died of a heart attack after following her stepmother to a houseboat where her lover lived...

There's there "Serial Killer's Life Story'* show which documents the childhood of some poor sod that ends up being a serial killer. Highlights include his father and stepfather having a duel with pistols, his father showing up at a party and shooting his stepfather in the chest... right before his paternal grandmother shoots his father in the back... and lets not forget the constant ass kicking he gets in school.

Also, there's the 'Raped Chick Story'* which tells all about some poor girl that got raped by several rich guys, who then pressured a poor guy into marrying her in order to keep her quiet. Then they frame him for some crime which gets him put in prison for a couple years. By the time he gets out, the girl loves him, but he's decided that he doesn't deserve her... meanwhile, the rapists are all pissed off because she's pressing charges.

What is my penance?

For watching the shows?  Three Hail Marys and a shot of rum.

For subjecting me to the details?  You will not cut your toenails until January.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2011, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 04, 2011, 08:54:58 PM

What is my penance?

For watching the shows?  Three Hail Marys and a shot of rum.

For subjecting me to the details?  You will not cut your toenails until January.

Ouch! Rum is expensive here ;-) but OK.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson