News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

I'M FUCKING SICK OF BACON

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, November 29, 2008, 12:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on December 01, 2008, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 01, 2008, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 29, 2008, 07:14:50 AM
The turkey wrapped in bacon pushed me over the edge.

Dear Internet,

HAVE SOME FUCKING SHAME, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

actually, it's the second-best way to keep a turkey moist. I mean, you don't HAVE to eat the bacon after the turkey is done. Don't blame bacon for your lack of self-control.

Hey, don't accuse me of even contemplating doing something so heinous.

...what's the best way?

take a clean pillowcase and soak it in clarified butter. Put the turkey in the pillowcase and cook at 325 until done. Remove pillowcase and enjoy the best turkey you ever ate.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 02, 2008, 07:39:24 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on December 01, 2008, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 01, 2008, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 29, 2008, 07:14:50 AM
The turkey wrapped in bacon pushed me over the edge.

Dear Internet,

HAVE SOME FUCKING SHAME, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

actually, it's the second-best way to keep a turkey moist. I mean, you don't HAVE to eat the bacon after the turkey is done. Don't blame bacon for your lack of self-control.

Hey, don't accuse me of even contemplating doing something so heinous.

...what's the best way?

take a clean pillowcase and soak it in clarified butter. Put the turkey in the pillowcase and cook at 325 until done. Remove pillowcase and enjoy the best turkey you ever ate.

We recently spatchcocked a turkey, stuffed under the skin with onion, dried cranberry and sausage and then covered with a butter soaked cheesecloth.

Awesome Turkey in 45 mins.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

I'll shamelessly announce here and now that we fried not one but TWO (marinade injected, of course) turkeys this past week.  In peanut oil.  Both turkeys over 20 lbs.

Bacchanalian Thanksgivings are just our style, I guess.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Jenne on December 02, 2008, 10:01:07 PM
I'll shamelessly announce here and now that we fried not one but TWO (marinade injected, of course) turkeys this past week.  In peanut oil.  Both turkeys over 20 lbs.

You win infinity mittens, not only for your culinary exploits, but also for your use of the adjective "Bacchanalian." So:

:mittens: x Infinity
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Jenne

Quote from: Manta Obscura on December 02, 2008, 10:18:17 PM

You win infinity mittens, not only for your culinary exploits, but also for your use of the adjective "Bacchanalian." So:

:D  I missed this!  Thanks muchly!

Also: 

My crazyass mom is acting like she doesn't know what I am doing for Xmas dinner.  :lulz:  She keeps hinting she just wants HAM.  :lol:  I'm thinking of telling her, go right the fuck ahead and bring a damned ham if you want.

But I'm doing bacon-wrapped turducken, so stick it in your piehole.

Yeah, I'm not in charity with me mudder atm.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Jenne on December 12, 2008, 07:42:13 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on December 02, 2008, 10:18:17 PM

:D  I missed this!  Thanks muchly!

Also: 

My crazyass mom is acting like she doesn't know what I am doing for Xmas dinner.  :lulz:  She keeps hinting she just wants HAM.  :lol:  I'm thinking of telling her, go right the fuck ahead and bring a damned ham if you want.

But I'm doing bacon-wrapped turducken, so stick it in your piehole.

Yeah, I'm not in charity with me mudder atm.

I don't usually like to act like a groak, Jenne, but you might just find me, on Christmas day, staring into your kitchen through the window, gazing wistfully at your awesome turducken. That sounds delicious.

Manta,
has tried, unsuccessfully, to convince Mrs. Obscura that we need a turducken this year.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Jenne

Aw, well, my husband's not too thrilled either.  But he got 2 supreme-injected turkeys over 20 # fried for Thanksgiving, so I gets mah turbaconducken for Xmas.

It will be, at the very least, an adventure.  Good thing my mom wants to bring ham (or wants ham PROVIDED, but fuck that, she wants it, she can bring it!).

LMNO

Jenne:  Mom, have you met my husband?

Mom: Yes, why?

Jenne:  Well, just like Samuel L Jackson in "Pulp Fiction", he don't dig on the motherfucking swine.

Jenne

He refuses to cook bacon anymore.  I think his Muslim roots are grabbing him back into the soil.  :lol:

He'll EAT the bacon...one or two slices...but he doesn't like to cook it because of all the bacon grease.

He hangs with ham ok...not a huge fan.  But my pork roast the other night absolutely melted him.  So I know if you have the right recipe, he's down.

His father, true story, told my kids during brunch one Sunday about a month ago to quit eating bacon.  I said, "Why?  That's MY family's background.  My mother's mother's people were hog farmers."

Heh.

I should do that shit more often.  Of course I got stammering replies about the unhealthiness of it.

To which I replied, "Yes, because LAMB is so good for you.  You know, growing up, we thought LAMB was gross."

*shrug*  It's a learning curve.  Luckily, my kids are ahead of the game.

My mom needs to just accept it--I am going to do this turbaconducken thingie and if it doesn't turn out, we'll have hog.  Just like her grandpappy used to.

LMNO

You really need to do some Geneology research, and come up with a bunch of freaky Anglo-saxon shit.

Jenne

Turbaconducken is pretty fuckin freaky, but yeah...that's a great idea.  Freak those fuckers out big time.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

MY HOUSE SMELLS LIKE BACON.

Turbaconducken is cooking.  Pix to follow once it's done.