News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

ATTN TUCSONSPAGS: HALP

Started by Cait M. R., July 02, 2010, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Observations:

1) "Tuscon family" means Dok & Co.?  I was under the impression that Cait a) knew (or at least met) y'all personally, or b) has someone else in AZ.

2)  300 posts is not a large contribution in PD.com-land.  Without IRL knowledge, I don't trust it.

3)  What the hell happened to Dimo?  I haven't seen him post here in weeks.

Ok, that last one was completely unrelated.  I just got distracted.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on July 02, 2010, 07:12:39 PM
God to fucking fuckdamn. I'm going camping.

Have fun, Kai.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Oh god fuck no, why now, why today.  :x :x

Cait, I can't interact with you anymore. I love yah, but you are just too nuts for me, and every day in your life makes my biggest dramatic disasters seem like a walk in the park.

But please, for goddsake don't jump and get yourself some help.

Hey, this isn't Kaienne we're dealing with, is it?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 02, 2010, 07:13:36 PM
Observations:

1) "Tuscon family" means Dok & Co.?  I was under the impression that Cait a) knew (or at least met) y'all personally, or b) has someone else in AZ.

2)  300 posts is not a large contribution in PD.com-land.  Without IRL knowledge, I don't trust it.

3)  What the hell happened to Dimo?  I haven't seen him post here in weeks.

Ok, that last one was completely unrelated.  I just got distracted.

1.  Re-read his posts.  He was trying to call the Tucson crew his "family" as a means of laying a guilt trip.

2.  Yep.  Hell, you didn't even trust US enough to meet the little lady, and we're good people and saints and shit, all full of responsible good cheer and that ettiquite shit you hear about.

3.  Just talked to Dimo yesterday.  He's busy with stuff, apparently.
Molon Lube

AFK

Well my angle on this is simply that Cait is in a big city, Pittsburgh, that has social services.  I mean, I love you guys, but if I were in the middle of a mental breakdown, crisis, whatever, I would be far better off looking for a lifeline IRL than through the internet.  If for no other reason because it is more practical AND you would be dealing with people trained for the situation.  

So if Cait's aim is to hook-up with someone back in Arizona, there will be someone in Pittsburgh who can help with that, even if it is just providing a telephone.  If Cait wants help in Pittsburth, again, he is all set.  

Really, 211 is a great resource.  The people on the other end of the phones there are trained to help people looking for help.  It's their job.  It isn't the job nor the realm of PD.COM. nor any of its members.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 02, 2010, 07:14:24 PM
Oh god fuck no, why now, why today.  :x :x

Cait, I can't interact with you anymore. I love yah, but you are just too nuts for me, and every day in your life makes my biggest dramatic disasters seem like a walk in the park.

But please, for goddsake don't jump and get yourself some help.

Hey, this isn't Kaienne we're dealing with, is it?

Naw, don't think so.  Cait is on IRC a lot.  If it were Kaienne, I'd have said the same things, but more politely, out of respect for Kai.  Also, Kainne is in Toronto, last I heard.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Hopefully, Dimo's "stuff" includes his old lady.  Because, well, *whew*.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: RWHN on July 02, 2010, 07:16:58 PM

So if Cait's aim is to hook-up with someone back in Arizona,

Cait's aim is to guilt someone into letting him live rent free on the couch, while he does what he did to the last people who took him in.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 02, 2010, 07:17:31 PM
Hopefully, Dimo's "stuff" includes his old lady.  Because, well, *whew*.

1.  It does.

2.  She's fucking HOT (From an aesthetic POV, of course, she's a kid by our standards, you filthy old lecher.).  Also, she's just done a spot in a country music video in Maine, of all places.  It turns out she is hot enough to be a model and a professional extra.
Molon Lube

Freeky

I was under the impression that one of was only supposed to POSE as a family member, and wasn't actually calling us his/her family, and as such I was just gonna give them the address of a shelter or something so it would seem more legit, had I been able to do it.

I might be mistaken in my interpretation of that post, but that's what I got out of it.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway, other than maybe the advice posts about finding help and getting back on feet.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 02, 2010, 07:24:14 PM
I was under the impression that one of was only supposed to POSE as a family member, and wasn't actually calling us his/her family, and as such I was just gonna give them the address of a shelter or something so it would seem more legit, had I been able to do it.

I might be mistaken in my interpretation of that post, but that's what I got out of it.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway, other than maybe the advice posts about finding help and getting back on feet.

What good would running to Tucson do him?  It's no better here than PA, and it's way fucking hotter.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2010, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 02, 2010, 07:24:14 PM

What good would running to Tucson do him?  It's no better here than PA, and it's way fucking hotter.

Point.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 02, 2010, 07:13:36 PM

1) "Tuscon family" means Dok & Co.?

Also, if I was in Cait's family, he'd be MORE fucked up, but in the RIGHT WAY.

Just saying.
Molon Lube

AFK

Well if that is the help Cait was seeking then it isn't any help at all.  Seriously, going through what I'm going through with my brother, the best option is to get some help from professionals.  Even if the problem is with dealing with parents and family, talking to a professional will help.  Now, I'm going to wager insurance is going to be an issue.  So again, I would recommend calling 211 or some other social services center in Pittsburgh and figure out what you can access for services and how you can do that.  Shelters should be able to provide help too.  They will usually have mental health professionals on staff or access to them.  

Moral of this story:  Go with the pros.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

ATTN: CAIT.

LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.  START AT THE BEGINNING.  SHELTER, FOOD, SAFETY.

ONCE THAT IS ESTABLISHED, FIGURE OUT YOUR SITUATION PRAGMATICALLY, NOT IDEALISTICALLY.

THE MIND IS NOTHING IF THE BODY IS IN DANGER.