News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

RWHN: From the Depths vol. 2 #1 (Election Time Special)

Started by AFK, November 03, 2006, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on November 05, 2006, 05:51:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2006, 03:57:28 PM
The Repubs are going to win anyway.

agree
right are way to organized and they are bound by "principle"

From what I read, their local chapters are incredible in mobilizing support.

Thurnez Isa

Its not so much the locale chapters as it is the far right
the churches organize their congregations and all the pro-life, pro-family, pro-(insert whatever)
and since only half the population of the states votes
that combined with "old time" republicans are usually enough to capture seats
that and never underextimate the power of re-districting
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

Yeah, "gerrymandering FTW"...  :-P

Oy, RWHN.  Good political eve-of-elections rant.  Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the history's already written...

Thurnez Isa

well things could go to hell in the middle east really fast
with the economy so crappy and dominante republicans now shown as corrupt, or sick perverted fucks, or just completely insane its possible they could lose the house or senate
i dont see them losing anymore then 5/6 seats though
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Dante

Cain

QuoteRepublicans had been urged to give "a warm Georgia welcome" to a President who soon had them shouting "U-S-A," "Amen!," "You're the man, George," and even, "Four more years!"

:lol:

But yeah, I had heard Rove was very chirpy lately.  But to be honest, if he wasn't being chirpy, I'd be worried.

Thurnez Isa

did you hear about the electronic voting machines
cant find an online article
saw it on cnn just a while ago
but aparently their already having troubles with the early voters
ie the power went out in flordia - in a prodominantly minority district

Dante

Cain

I still think thats mostly a distraction, myself.  A concerning one, but a distraction.  It makes the Dems base feel good, that they're a threat "standing up to The Man", while in fact their party is bankrolled by The Man and they lose because the vast majority of the American electorate are mean minded little idiots.

Thurnez Isa

Dante

AFK

Yeah, I have a feeling that the Dems have run out of steam.  I think they have a decent shot, still, at taking the House but I think the Senate will stay with the Republicans.  At the end of it all, though, the split in each house will be pretty much 49/51 at best.  Nothing will get done.  These next two years will be the Lamest of Lame Duck sessions.  Oh, and of course, the cable channels will immediately be talking about McCain vs. Clinton. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

My thoughts:

Dems win Congress, lose Senate.

Capitol Hill stagnates for 2 years, no comprimises are reached, everyone is fully partisan, everything comes to a screeching halt.

2008 rolls around, and the Republicans say, "so, you voted Democrat in '06, and look what happened.  Nothing.  Vote for what's effective." 

Republicans sweep '08 elections.

That's why I say...

hunter s.durden

I've figured out my voting strategy:
1. person will legalize dope
2. person is third-party
That covers two races in my state. For the other two:
3. Whoever is not encumbent.

The only thing that supercedes the incumbant rule is if I worked for the candidate and he was a major asshole, and lied about the military:
Fuck You Chris Wakim
This space for rent.

AFK

Hmm, interesting strategy but if I followed that I'd be voting for Pat Lamarche for Governor and there's no way in holy hell that I will be doing that. 

Legalizing pot sounds cool and all, but, you want to make sure you vote for someone who can get your roads and bridges repaired too.  Someone too focused on pot may not have the get-up-and go to get that done. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Benaclypse

The Dems aren't evil enough to get into office.  The masses will only support a politician who foams at the mouth.  The neocons got a full-on slaughterhouse war going on.  What have the libs got?  Save the spotted owl?  The neolibs need to promise that they'll unleash Armageddon and "free" the world from its pathetic existence, if they're going to win.

hunter s.durden

I don't give a shit about roads and bridges. If I was high more often, I would drive less often, and the roads would be safe.

I know the incumbent thing might not sound good to some people, but I honestly believe that each politician is equally as worthless as this polar counterpart. As much as Republicans have pissed me off in the last 3-4 years, I refuse to turn to Democrats as an answer.

I'd vote for those aliens from Independance Day before I voted for Hillary Clinton.
Fuck Hillary Clinton. Fuck her in her stupid ass.
This space for rent.