News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Richard Nixon and pork shoulder

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 09, 2007, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just noticed this sub. Was it not called this before? Anyway,

What is the deal with Richard Nixon, pork, and Discordians? I have for many years been the only person I know with a pork and Richard Nixon fixation, yet I find this board and here there are references to pork and Richard Nixon everywhere. It could only have been creepier if you'd had a subforum called :cone:.

Is anyone else here really into tinned fish, and olives?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Richard Nixon is like unto a God.

He and Elvis will return to rule the United States with an iron fist.  Well, actually FOUR iron fists.  Each of them having two arms, and all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Have you read the transcript of their meeting? I enjoyed it.

This is the painting that hangs beside my bed:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

oh the unbearable synchronicity of it all.

co-incidence?

definitely.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually I think it's that Discordians tend to be attracted to absurdity, and there is a great deal of absurdity embedded in Richard Nixon and in pork. I also appreciated that, while most people are like "Cones? WTF are you on about, Nigel?" People here pretty much went "Yeah cones, of course. Duh."

Pterodactyl Handler

Richard Nixon? Richard Nixon's limbs will be twisted and torn from his stinking corpse! His marrow will be like delicious oatmeal for my wretched pets!

I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR

BIKAAAAW MOTHERFUCKERS!

PTERODACTYL HANDLER X

Suu

Pork shoulder is an entity in itself. It's hard to explain, really....

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Suu Fett on December 10, 2007, 04:33:13 PM

I feel such an urge to send that picture to all the vegetarians I know... :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Yeah...skin on it and everything.

Goddamn Mr. Suu may be a dick but when it comes to cooking pork he's a fucking god.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pterodactyl Handler on December 10, 2007, 04:17:39 PM
Richard Nixon? Richard Nixon's limbs will be twisted and torn from his stinking corpse! His marrow will be like delicious oatmeal for my wretched pets!

I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR

BIKAAAAW MOTHERFUCKERS!

PTERODACTYL HANDLER X

:x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu Fett on December 10, 2007, 04:33:13 PM

Pork shoulder is different from other cuts because of the way the fat and flesh are so peculiarly layered, like meat filo. It makes the best roast, hands-down. I like to braise it in boiling water with salt and curry before drenching it in bourbon and cracked pepper, and slow-roasting it in a covered cast-iron pan with onions and potatoes. Add BBQ sauce or don't, either way it's nirvana in your mouth.

Cramulus

Suu