News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

6th Circuit

Started by Forteetu, June 27, 2007, 06:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

now i haven't seen it yet (i'm afraid to go to myspace)

but to me, a video version of the bitter tea parable *could* be awesome.

it could also look real crappy. but it could also look awesome!

is it on youtube? can i have the youtube link?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Forteetu

Quote from: triple zero on June 29, 2007, 07:42:03 PM
now i haven't seen it yet (i'm afraid to go to myspace)

but to me, a video version of the bitter tea parable *could* be awesome.

it could also look real crappy. but it could also look awesome!

is it on youtube? can i have the youtube link?

Yeh, it is on YouTUBE. I use YouTUBE to host the couple vids I've done so far. MySpace vid sharing sux. The MySpace page is just the place another place to put them with some other content.

If you'd like the direct link ... to this one ... Parable of The Bitter Tea

WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

Forteetu

Quote from: burnstoupee on June 29, 2007, 06:34:14 PM
so why do you want to change yourself, anyway?  just curious.

Personally, I find this a rather ridiculous question.

like a i get the 8 circuit thing, but maybe i just want you to elaborate a bit.

So let me get this straight, you send me a 2 line reply and YOU want ME to elaborate?
hmmmmmm ......
WOMP'd

Forteetu

Quote from: Prater Festwo on June 29, 2007, 06:47:08 PM

helps loads if you can do something original.

just sayin'.

Agreed and in the works ... along with a couple dozaen other hair brained ideas ...

I've got a couple original content clips up there as well and working on some other ideas, both borrowed and new. It's all a bit recent ... just bought the camcorder a couple weeks ago.

Here's links to direct YouTUBE pages on 2 original clips
Filters - spoken word piece on the general subject of changing filters one fo the first clips I put together

Apple of Discord - a quick clip of the creation of a ritual object first clip with the new Ulead video editing s/w ... better

WOMP'd

Forteetu

Quote from: Prater Festwo on June 29, 2007, 06:52:06 PM
elaboration in a kinder way:

some much has been touted, round here, and round the round world,
that the same-ole-same-ole doesn't cut it.

Don't exactly agree here. The "same old, same old" is still all new and amazing to those who have not seen it before.

especially when approaching the target audience. we are not the target audience.
(unless you're a troll)

Exactly, a forum like this isn't the target audience. Why preach to the converted? Why preach at all? The idea, if there is one behind this at all, is to provide another way for some people to come into contact with the material who are unlikely to pick it up in a book. We do live in the age of sound-bites and short attention spans. If someone stumbles across a vid clip of the Parable of the Bitter Tea and it goes "ding" for them ... cool.

WOMP'd

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Forteetu on June 30, 2007, 03:41:45 AM
Quote from: burnstoupee on June 29, 2007, 06:34:14 PM
so why do you want to change yourself, anyway?  just curious.

Personally, I find this a rather ridiculous question.

like a i get the 8 circuit thing, but maybe i just want you to elaborate a bit.

So let me get this straight, you send me a 2 line reply and YOU want ME to elaborate?
hmmmmmm ......
sure okay. your'e right, i was a bit hasty in my questioning due to time constraints, so i tried to sum it up better 3 posts down.  as far as changing yourself, it would seem to me that the person who would do the changing is the same person who needs to be changed, so in this respect it would look like a futile situation.  perhaps i'm suggesting that a profound acceptance of one's situation may be a better approach.  take something like quitting smoking. some can do it cold-turkey, but others can't.  i know when i quit something i immediately want it for the simple fact that i can't have it.  so i don't quit smoking. i may have one on occasion, but at no point have i really changed. but i am still getting healthier resluts. the approach is kind of not letting your right hand know what your left hand is doing.  i only ask because i never really felt that the eight circuit model was very effective, and it seems you find that it works.     

Forteetu

Quote from: burnstoupee on June 30, 2007, 07:45:24 AM
sure okay. your'e right, i was a bit hasty in my questioning due to time constraints, so i tried to sum it up better 3 posts down.  as far as changing yourself, it would seem to me that the person who would do the changing is the same person who needs to be changed, so in this respect it would look like a futile situation.  perhaps i'm suggesting that a profound acceptance of one's situation may be a better approach.  take something like quitting smoking. some can do it cold-turkey, but others can't.  i know when i quit something i immediately want it for the simple fact that i can't have it.  so i don't quit smoking. i may have one on occasion, but at no point have i really changed. but i am still getting healthier resluts. the approach is kind of not letting your right hand know what your left hand is doing.  i only ask because i never really felt that the eight circuit model was very effective, and it seems you find that it works.     

My point would be that we are changing, like it or not, realise it or not ... we are all changning. Even coming to accept ourselves is changing. If I used to think that a particular view or behavior is "bad" and then come to accept it (not change it), then I have also changed. The 6th circuit, to me, is about taking ownership of the process of change.

And yes, the one who changes is being changed which results in more change and the whole thing becomes a big feedback loop. It's all in the journey, there is no destination.

Specifcally to the 8-circuit model, I happen to find it effective and relate to it as an engineer in a systematic way, perhaps because my professional backgorund is as an engineer. Others find other models that suit them. All I can say is find what works for you.

WOMP'd

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Forteetu on June 30, 2007, 09:19:29 AM
Quote from: burnstoupee on June 30, 2007, 07:45:24 AM

My point would be that we are changing, like it or not, realise it or not ... we are all changning. Even coming to accept ourselves is changing. If I used to think that a particular view or behavior is "bad" and then come to accept it (not change it), then I have also changed. The 6th circuit, to me, is about taking ownership of the process of change.

And yes, the one who changes is being changed which results in more change and the whole thing becomes a big feedback loop. It's all in the journey, there is no destination.

Specifcally to the 8-circuit model, I happen to find it effective and relate to it as an engineer in a systematic way, perhaps because my professional backgorund is as an engineer. Others find other models that suit them. All I can say is find what works for you.

Forteetu

WOMP'd