News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Aya

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 26, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Some LOL

http://wundergroundmusic.com/richard-dawkins-renounces-atheism-after-smoking-dmt/

QuoteShrill, anti-theist professor of unnecessary controversy, Richard Dawkins, has reportedly renounced his atheist beliefs after apparently finding existence of a higher power during a recent DMT trip.

----

Describing evolution as "bollocks" and burning his copy of The Origin Of Species Dawkins claims that the "machine elves" showed him a higher plane of existence, called him a supercilious cunt and told him to "stop being such a po-faced and certain dick-rocketeer".
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 28, 2014, 09:54:36 AM
This is why I'm saying we're outside the remit of science. Consciousness is an entirely subjective experience. Your scientific interest is like someone watching people skateboard and then jumping in the conversation with a whole bunch of fancy words that explain how the wheels go round.

That's all good and well but a bunch of skaters were talking about grinding the lip. No we're not scientists but we somehow had still managed to figure out the wheels went round. Of course for a scientist, this claim is preposterous. How could we possibly know this? I bet we didn't know there were four of them, tho, right? Brand new studies have only just discovered this. We couldn't possibly know that.

I like that.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2014, 04:21:15 PM
Quote from: Dodo Argentino on November 28, 2014, 05:09:12 AM
.Although I don't think it is the only thing worth caring about, I do care about science. A lot. In fact I am beginning to suspect I care about it a great deal more than either of you.

:lulz:

You suspect wrong.  Everything you propose is anti-rational.  Not irrational, anti-rational.  Homeopathy.  Trotting out Harmine (Ayauasca) AGAIN (like every other bliss ninny since the 60s) like it's something new...And then Brushing Nigel aside when she mentions that there's an actual component of hallucinagenics that might have an ACTUAL medical application.
Harmine + DMT
I am not trotting it out as something new, I am talking about something I am new to. I am aware of the danger of becoming a bliss ninny (very good term, that!). I was not brushing Nigel aside, merely not responding to someone that I was not interested at the moment.
Questioning previous scientific conclusions is good, but first you kind of have to learn the science involved.

That's perfectly true.

But that takes work, and that's not why you're here.
Bollocks.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 28, 2014, 06:23:03 PM
Because nothing says "doesn't care much about science" like going tens of thousands of dollars into debt and committing to nine years of poverty in order to devote one's life to it!

I didn't say you didn't care about science. In fact, you care about it a great deal. Just not enough to examine the foundations, because (I imagine, may well be wrong, but based on what's happened so far) you think that is unscientific, "philosophising", and should be kicked into a lake or somesuch.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 28, 2014, 06:13:29 PM
I've noticed a definite trend, which is that Roger says something snarky to/about Holist, and Holist promptly attacks me. I just re-scanned the thread and I said not one single derogatory or dismissive thing in response to Holist. But Roger did, and Holist promptly turned nasty on both of us. I even recall cases where I wasn't arguing with Holist but Roger was, and Holist got ugly with me and didn't address Roger at all.

Funny, that. I'll have to start pointing it out when it happens.

Yes, do. It didn't happen this time, though.

hooplala

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on December 01, 2014, 05:46:01 PM
Bollocks.

Hey now, watch the spicy language, this is a family forum, asshole.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on December 01, 2014, 06:00:21 PM
I've noticed a definite trend, which is that Roger says something snarky to/about Holist, and Holist promptly attacks me. I just re-scanned the thread and I said not one single derogatory or dismissive thing in response to Holist. But Roger did, and Holist promptly turned nasty on both of us. I even recall cases where I wasn't arguing with Holist but Roger was, and Holist got ugly with me and didn't address Roger at all.

Sure as fuck did.  Not once but twice.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Why she even bothered trying to engage you in conversation is fucking beyond me.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on December 01, 2014, 05:59:45 PM
Because nothing says "doesn't care much about science" like going tens of thousands of dollars into debt and committing to nine years of poverty in order to devote one's life to it!

I didn't say you didn't care about science. In fact, you care about it a great deal. Just not enough to examine the foundations, because (I imagine, may well be wrong, but based on what's happened so far) you think that is unscientific, "philosophising", and should be kicked into a lake or somesuch.

Oh dear.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on December 01, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

Oh dear.

It's like you can set your watch to it or some shit.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 01, 2014, 06:02:26 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 01, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

Oh dear.

It's like you can set your watch to it or some shit.

Someone needs to start charting meltdowns around here. It may yield valuable data.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

There is so much that's wrong about your post, I don't even know where to begin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 01, 2014, 06:06:08 PM

There is so much that's wrong about your post, I don't even know where to begin.

It said precisely what he wanted it to say.  Almost.
Molon Lube

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 01, 2014, 06:00:54 PM
Quote from: Dodo Argentino on December 01, 2014, 06:00:21 PM

Sure as fuck did.  Not once but twice.

It did not. And neither is it a mean streak. It is plain frustration. But I called her names and you names in the same breath, you defender of the faith, you. :)