What is it with all the 20-something drones?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 05, 2011, 08:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2011, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 05, 2011, 08:38:03 PM
They've all been told they're special, unique snowflakes, and the world OWES them something.

Or some shit.

This.  Nathaniel Branden ruined the world.

Fucking BRAMPTON! :crankey:  Why do you produce so many asshats?

So did every indulgent parent from coast to coast.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Fred ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on May 05, 2011, 08:58:52 PM
*drones*

Not you.  You work out, go to school, etc.

But you'll be one of maybe 30 people doing anything when my crowd retires.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

yeah but i took a year off cause i was failing just like you said  :lol:
i mean i did have a JOB and took night classes but still :P

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2011, 09:01:08 PM
They've all been told they're special, unique snowflakes, and the world OWES them something.

Or some shit.

I wish I had an answer for you, but if it makes you any happier, Brampton is on MY LIST.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Luna

Quote from: The Fred ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on May 05, 2011, 09:03:45 PM

That's not taking time off, that's changing tactics.  That's reasonable.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Fred ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on May 05, 2011, 09:03:45 PM

Again, that's different.  If you were doing what I'm talking about, you'd have spent the rest of your life playing Wii in your parent's basement.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2011, 09:04:17 PM

Or some shit.

I wish I had an answer for you, but if it makes you any happier, Brampton is on MY LIST.

We should publish our lists in our sigs, like Payne did.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2011, 08:32:27 PM
I was just thinking about the little giggle I had at seeing Von Melee and Mayhem pushing a shopping cart down the road on Tuesday, and it occurred to me that almost every 20-something I know IRL is just treading water, at best.

They never finish a Goddamn thing, they don't work unless they absolutely have to, and then the height of their ambition is a Goddamn call center, and they spend almost all of their waking hours playing mindless video games...Not even GOOD ones, but OCD shit like Wii Bowling (how pathetic is THAT), golf (a simulation of a game that's almost a sport), and puzzle-style games that consist entirely of brightly colored blocks and lots of annoying sounds.

Now, I know the economy is tough out there, I understand that jobs are thin on the ground, but...FUCK, most of these people aren't even trying.  Please note that this is anecdotal, of course, and based entirely on Tucson and Hamilton, Ontario...But still, WTF? 

Go forward half a generation, and you've got people who DO things.  LMNO, for example, works a full time job, has a steady home life, and makes music on the side.  Nigel runs her own business...Times ARE tough, and she's apparently having a hell of a time, but she's hanging on. 

By contrast, my cousin's 22 year old son is "taking a year off of college" - translation:  He flunked out - and is living at his dad's house.  No job, no ambition, nothing but Goddamn video games.

The only reason I give a shit is that these will be the "prime producers" when I'm retired, which means I'll starve to death in the cold along with them.

And there's always a fucking excuse.  With Mayhem, it was "mental illness" (translation:  She is a drone, and is too fucking lazy to shift her fat ass).  With Marcus, it was just out-and-out laziness.  Fucker has the mind of a 4 year old.  Many of the rest cite the economy, to which I respond by pointing at Nigel.  The majority, horrible as it seems, think this is how life is meant to be.

Christallfuckingmighty.  7 billion humans on the planet, and all anyone knows how to do is have more humans and sit on the fucking couch.

Words cannot express how much I hate you all.

Or Kill Me

CHOKE FUCK SHIT COCKS HELL

Yes, I've dman well worked in call centers, and my point there every day is to square cash to keep my stuff together, and move the job into something better.  I now know more about keeping finaces together than I ever wanted to,e specially for education.  Most of my day is troubleshooting cases of "no one else can figure that out", or teaching people how our shit works.  I ahven't had a job where I wasn't a teacher.

I know 2 or three trades by proxy, and consider them all honroable fallback if the office cueb thing craps out.  
I keep my ass moving, during the week, and fuck help me if I get a night to myself.  
I teach kids to swordfight on some weekends.  I TEACH LITTLE DAMN CHIDLREN TO SWORDFIGHT.  If that doesn't jsutify my existance alone, I give up.
I can do more for myself than any boy scout I've met  (still tied with Vargus though), and WILL, to the dismay of those around me when I go fuckign primitive to get by.  
I have little use for most of the others aside from bullet shields when the feces find the fanblades, so I cnanot refute your point as a generalization.
The DOOM has come for me before, and I've stared it's shit down, rather than becoming an unemployment basket case.

Stopping this before death is not part of my plan.  If I haven't proven my fitness to survive already, then I will jump down the throat of whoever says otherwise.

OR KILL ME

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on May 05, 2011, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2011, 08:32:27 PM
I was just thinking about the little giggle I had at seeing Von Melee and Mayhem pushing a shopping cart down the road on Tuesday, and it occurred to me that almost every 20-something I know IRL is just treading water, at best.

They never finish a Goddamn thing, they don't work unless they absolutely have to, and then the height of their ambition is a Goddamn call center, and they spend almost all of their waking hours playing mindless video games...Not even GOOD ones, but OCD shit like Wii Bowling (how pathetic is THAT), golf (a simulation of a game that's almost a sport), and puzzle-style games that consist entirely of brightly colored blocks and lots of annoying sounds.

Now, I know the economy is tough out there, I understand that jobs are thin on the ground, but...FUCK, most of these people aren't even trying.  Please note that this is anecdotal, of course, and based entirely on Tucson and Hamilton, Ontario...But still, WTF? 

Go forward half a generation, and you've got people who DO things.  LMNO, for example, works a full time job, has a steady home life, and makes music on the side.  Nigel runs her own business...Times ARE tough, and she's apparently having a hell of a time, but she's hanging on. 

By contrast, my cousin's 22 year old son is "taking a year off of college" - translation:  He flunked out - and is living at his dad's house.  No job, no ambition, nothing but Goddamn video games.

The only reason I give a shit is that these will be the "prime producers" when I'm retired, which means I'll starve to death in the cold along with them.

And there's always a fucking excuse.  With Mayhem, it was "mental illness" (translation:  She is a drone, and is too fucking lazy to shift her fat ass).  With Marcus, it was just out-and-out laziness.  Fucker has the mind of a 4 year old.  Many of the rest cite the economy, to which I respond by pointing at Nigel.  The majority, horrible as it seems, think this is how life is meant to be.

Christallfuckingmighty.  7 billion humans on the planet, and all anyone knows how to do is have more humans and sit on the fucking couch.

Words cannot express how much I hate you all.

Or Kill Me

CHOKE FUCK SHIT COCKS HELL

Yes, I've dman well worked in call centers, and my point there every day is to square cash to keep my stuff together, and move the job into something better.  I now know more about keeping finaces together than I ever wanted to,e specially for education.  Most of my day is troubleshooting cases of "no one else can figure that out", or teaching people how our shit works.  I ahven't had a job where I wasn't a teacher.

I know 2 or three trades by proxy, and consider them all honroable fallback if the office cueb thing craps out.  
I keep my ass moving, during the week, and fuck help me if I get a night to myself.  
I teach kids to swordfight on some weekends.  I TEACH LITTLE DAMN CHIDLREN TO SWORDFIGHT.  If that doesn't jsutify my existance alone, I give up.
I can do more for myself than any boy scout I've met  (still tied with Vargus though), and WILL, to the dismay of those around me when I go fuckign primitive to get by.  
I have little use for most of the others aside from bullet shields when the feces find the fanblades, so I cnanot refute your point as a generalization.
The DOOM has come for me before, and I've stared it's shit down, rather than becoming an unemployment basket case.

Stopping this before death is not part of my plan.  If I haven't proven my fitness to survive already, then I will jump down the throat of whoever says otherwise.

OR KILL ME

Like I said, I can only speak to Tucson and Hamilton.  I lump you in with LMNO.  You're always doing something.

Suu

I don't understand it, myself.

Herbert and I were constantly met with challenges, and we fucking DEALT WITH IT AS ADULTS.

I got a divorce and moved out and FUCKING DEALT WITH IT AS AN ADULT.

How old am I?

The generational gap isn't a big one anymore, that's for sure.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Johnny

The motherfuckers i go to school with think that School=party/socialize

they do the bare minimum to pass, never look up something that isnt requirement, dont have an interest in learning, etc.

and most of them dont even have a job, fucking bums
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2011, 09:07:15 PM

Or some shit.

Done.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2011, 09:37:40 PM

Or some shit.

Done.

Elton John?  HEATHEN!

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 05, 2011, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2011, 09:37:40 PM

Or some shit.

Done.

Elton John?  HEATHEN!

I gotta be me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman