News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I'm taking the better half of next year to travel. I have a weird thing where I don't like to travel for travel sake, so I usually find some work/project/courses to build plans around.

I want to get into a writing project, ideally accessable enough to get accepted by a publisher, that charts the contemporary Discordian scene. So if you're keen for me to harass you, in person, sometime next year, let me know. Also if anyone puts put up for a night, I pay for accom with making dinner.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Salty

If you make your way to Alaska, you can crash on my super comfy couch.

Sounds like fun!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Juana

Can't put you up, but if you wander through the Central Valley in California, I'll meet up with you and see if we can connect with some local Discordians.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

EK WAFFLR

I somehow doubt that you'll be making it to Norway, but if that happens, I have a very comfy sofa.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

AFK

Great idea, I would look forward to following, however, I doubt my wife would be keen on strange spags crashing the couch.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Telarus

I'm sure if you get to PDX we can arrange some meetups.  :evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Fractalbeard

Sounds like a thing to do, I'm in if you're passing through the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area!
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

LMNO

The New England area is fairly target rich, and if you're "serious" about interviews, I'd be willing to give you a couple of hours.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on June 30, 2012, 03:09:23 AM
I'm sure if you get to PDX we can arrange some meetups.  :evil:

Damn straight!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Of course entirely depending on where you're travelling to, but if you're in the Netherlands I'll do my best to meet up, and if you need a place to crash you're absolutely welcome (though I'm about a 2h train ride removed from popular places such as Amsterdam or Utrecht--but the city up in the North where I live is in fact pretty cool as well and has a cheap connection to Bremen Airport).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Alty on June 29, 2012, 11:56:53 PM
If you make your way to Alaska, you can crash on my super comfy couch.

Sounds like fun!

Sounds rad Alty, I'll pm you when I get closer. Ta!

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 29, 2012, 11:58:52 PM
Can't put you up, but if you wander through the Central Valley in California, I'll meet up with you and see if we can connect with some local Discordians.

That sounds great, I'd appreciate the fuck out of that Garbo.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on June 30, 2012, 02:00:40 AM
I somehow doubt that you'll be making it to Norway, but if that happens, I have a very comfy sofa.

I'm really keen to reach Norway at some point next year Waffle, just because I'm really keen on Norway. So I'll definately take you up on that at some point, thanks.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 30, 2012, 02:02:42 AM
Great idea, I would look forward to following, however, I doubt my wife would be keen on strange spags crashing the couch.

Rev, would you be keen to meet up, just to cha on Discordia? I'm after whatever voices I can score.