News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

The Truth...

Started by navkat, May 06, 2008, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

...is that we need drugs...because this fucking country has become such a goddamned prison that drugs are the only thing that makes the fucking pain and humiliation of being utterly, utterly dominated go away.

And we imprison each other.

Every fucking time you judge some body; every time you say "He should be locked up" or "They should STOP those people from getting away with___" about anyone who isn't a murderer or a rapist...anyone who DARES live their own fucking life in a manner in which you do not approve...you are adding a link to the chain.

Every time you beat someone over the head for their "naive" ideals. Every time you laugh and point. Every time you tell someone to "get in line, this is how it's done" or "Just take your shoes and belt off and stop making a fuss," you are feeding the monster.

Fuck you.

It's none of your goddamned business what I eat. It shouldn't matter if it's pills or booze or fucking crack if that's what I want. This is MY fucking world too. Shut up, put the cheesecake fork down, turn off Oprah and mind your own goddamned business, bitch. Or better yet; feed your fucking ASPCA cats and pretend you're a good person because you care more about the fucking animals than you have empathy for your own kind.

Traitor.

Fungus.

The apes would have EATEN you, you iPod whore.

Cainad (dec.)

RAH!

While I disagree with some of the specific statements, I clearly understand the feeling behind it.

Reginald Ret

excellent escalation of anger.

And: could you please not insult the funghi?
some of em are useful, some yummy and fungus also happens to be nickname of mine.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: navkat on May 06, 2008, 05:29:32 AM

The apes would have EATEN you, you iPod whore.

i disagree with the premise of needing drugs....
think it should probably be replaced with laughter... or hate...
but this line totally makes up for it
:lulz:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hooplala

I don't know if anything in your rant indicates a NEED for drugs, I still like your basic idea.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

I only care when your needs are in direct conflict with my own.

For example, some meth lab explodes, the guy gets taken to the ER, can't pay the bills... who exactly pays for the ambulance, fire trucks, tox cleanup, and all the rest?  Oh, yeah.  Right.

Then no one wants to live in an area with a meth lab in it, so my property values goes down.

Then a bunch of broke-ass meth heads steal my car.

Victimless crime, my ass.

hooplala

But then, if it were legal, would all that be happening?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Broke fuck-ups stealing my shit for a hit?

Yeah, probably.  Why would making it legal change that?

Micro Ice

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 03:05:14 PM

Legality may make it less desirable?

Theres alot of that forbidden fruit crap always going on.
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 03:05:14 PM

If it were legal they wouldn't need to create small dangerous meth labs...

Poor people stealing stuff from people with more isn't just a drug problem.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Then consider the junkies who "legally" OD.  Same burden on society as the above.

East Coast Hustle

back to the OP...

though I'm certainly NOT against recreational drug use, I disagree that anyone NEEDS drugs (in the sense that you are talking about).

that said...

fucking awesome rant. more plz!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 03:36:50 PM
Then consider the junkies who "legally" OD.  Same burden on society as the above.

Yeah, so what?  That's what tax money is for.

Fat people die all the time too, you think being fat should be illegal?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Roo

We don't need drugs to cope with the insanities of modern life, but the vast majority of people in the US think they do.

Second point, tho....ABSOLUTELY. Imprisoning people is apparently the only solution to our problems that we can come up with. What should we do about the murderers, rapists, thieves, and various other criminals? Lock 'em up. You see someone doing something you think they shouldn't be doing? Lock 'em up. Someone's painting outside the lines? Daring to step away from the herd? Lock 'em up.

Sometimes I think prisons should be outlawed.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: LMNO on May 06, 2008, 02:53:09 PM
I only care when your needs are in direct conflict with my own.

For example, some meth lab explodes, the guy gets taken to the ER, can't pay the bills... who exactly pays for the ambulance, fire trucks, tox cleanup, and all the rest?  Oh, yeah.  Right.

Then no one wants to live in an area with a meth lab in it, so my property values goes down.

Then a bunch of broke-ass meth heads steal my car.

Victimless crime, my ass.

Nope.
This space for rent.