News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

The biggest, douchiest, first world problem you will ever read.

Started by Suu, May 01, 2013, 01:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 05:25:59 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 05:24:27 PM
Or, maybe everyone who marries an asshole is themselves also an asshole, and deserves it.

Some do.  I have met married couples who were both assholes.  We don't have enough information in this case, though, just this guy's say-so.

Exactly this. She's simply not a firsthand player in this story, just someone else's character. There's no valid reason to hate on her, other than by proxy through the guy who clearly IS an asshole, because she has no voice in this story.

And I love how there are even people hating on the poor fucking KID that they already have. WTF is wrong with people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 05:29:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 05:25:59 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 01, 2013, 05:24:27 PM
Or, maybe everyone who marries an asshole is themselves also an asshole, and deserves it.

Some do.  I have met married couples who were both assholes.  We don't have enough information in this case, though, just this guy's say-so.

Exactly this. She's simply not a firsthand player in this story, just someone else's character. There's no valid reason to hate on her, other than by proxy through the guy who clearly IS an asshole, because she has no voice in this story.

And I love how there are even people hating on the poor fucking KID that they already have. WTF is wrong with people.

I'm not really hating on either of them.  The guy is just your average American pay'bucker, and I feel really bad for his kid, and for his kids on the way.  Not because he's a shitneck or she's a shitneck or whatever, but because this man is singularly unequipped to deal with children in any respect, and now there's twins...Which are extremely difficult when the parents ARE equipped.

Whomever was hating on the kid, though, needs to punch themselves in the junk.  Right now.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

It's basically a self-managed freak show.  And, needless to say, the rubes are lining up to gawk and sneer.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, this is neither the biggest nor douchiest 1st world problem.

THIS is:

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/100735-bp-ceo-id-like-my-life-back

QuoteThat came when he was asked by reporters about how he would respond to residents of Louisiana.

"The first thing to say is 'I'm sorry,'" Hayward said. "We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 01, 2013, 05:40:05 PM

THIS is:

QuoteThat came when he was asked by reporters about how he would respond to residents of Louisiana.

"The first thing to say is 'I'm sorry,'" Hayward said. "We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

:jumper:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

I remember when he said that. I was in Florida at the time and I thought my brother was going to jump through the television at him.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Can we get back to discussing why this clown is masturbating to architecture?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Hoopla on May 01, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
sexy butresses?

hooplala

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on May 01, 2013, 06:15:03 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 01, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
sexy butresses?

Tantalizing examples may sway me toward your cause...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

THIS is:

Oh, wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

THIS is:

Your razor-sharp memory for this kind of shit helps myopic dorks like me keep perspective.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on May 01, 2013, 06:29:42 PM

THIS is:

Your razor-sharp memory for this kind of shit helps myopic dorks like me keep perspective.

I never forget a DUMBASS.