News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

I can't believe this is happening.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 27, 2015, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 27, 2015, 07:40:31 PM
What in the holy hell is happening down there?

Not sure.

But I am now going to do what I said I was going to do 7.5 years ago.  I am going to bust out of this place like a chest-burster in Alien, and get my angry all over everyone's shoes.

I told my crew that I won't be staying, and they're all starting to pack up their shit, because only assholes and the ineffectual remain on the management team.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 27, 2015, 07:47:47 PM
Please tell me she wrote that down in a "demostrable evidence for HR" sort of way.

Yep.

It's in the databomb.  When I don't log in for 5 consecutive days, it all goes to HR.

Though probably I will just send it on Monday.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

Holy shit.

Can you let us know how far back we need to be to avoid the blast radius?
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

Mike T sounds like a man you don't want to piss off.  That's a fairly inspired bit of vengeance.

Hey Roger, maybe when Lilly is gone, you could apply for Jim's old job.  You may not be the management the plant wants, but you're the management the plant needs.

Pæs

Full speed ahead, my good man.

Need to make sure you reach escape velocity by the time it's taken TO THE WALL.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2015, 07:50:45 PM
Mike T sounds like a man you don't want to piss off.  That's a fairly inspired bit of vengeance.

Hey Roger, maybe when Lilly is gone, you could apply for Jim's old job.  You may not be the management the plant wants, but you're the management the plant needs.

Hell no.  Every man needs to know his limitations, and I lack the political savvy to survive at that altitude.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pæs on February 27, 2015, 07:51:01 PM
Full speed ahead, my good man.

Need to make sure you reach escape velocity by the time it's taken TO THE WALL.

No.  I have to get the FULL EFFECT.

Besides, I already have written (well, email) job offers from 7 of our vendors.  And one competitor.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Demolition Squid on February 27, 2015, 07:50:29 PM
Holy shit.

Can you let us know how far back we need to be to avoid the blast radius?

These things are better when you get the horrible gooey bits all over you.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2015, 07:50:45 PM

Hell no.  Every man needs to know his limitations, and I lack the political savvy to survive at that altitude.

Besides, the stress of that job destroyed Jim.  It ran him down to the point where fucking Lilly seemed like a reasonable idea.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Hoooo boy. Sounds like that particular Temple of Eris is about to get a BIG remodeling.

Glad you've got an escape plan. Looking forward to takes of the fallout.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 27, 2015, 08:47:25 PM
Hoooo boy. Sounds like that particular Temple of Eris is about to get a BIG remodeling.

I am going to start sound recording with my smartphone.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 08:53:33 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 27, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

I am going to start sound recording with my smartphone.

:lulz:

Now you're talking!  :lulz:

It really doesn't take much. There are even blue tooth mics you can easily wear to be sure that the quality is... indisputable.

http://www.spycheatstuff.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=33&Itemid=55&lang=en

might be over the top for your needs, but the tech is there to be had.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
More hilarity.  Jim was boinking Lilly.  Jim's wife found out, and called their old friend Mike T, who just happens to be president of NA operations.

Jim got retired.  Lilly is still here. 

All the projects that are failing are gathering up, and are about due to be hung around the plant manager's neck.  And the plant manager is now...Lilly.

Mike T has a vicious sense of vengeance.

(I have to say that I am absolutely stunned that Jim, the quintessential good boy, was cheating.  Especially given that his wife is prettier than Lilly, smarter than Lilly, and - unlike Lilly - has emotions beyond those possessed by reptiles.)

Needless to say, I am willing to help this train wreck along.  Oh, yes.  Jim is the best boss I ever had, regardless of his personal failings, and I will have revenge.

WHOA.

Oh, that's messy as fuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 28, 2015, 10:33:45 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2015, 07:32:30 PM
More hilarity.  Jim was boinking Lilly.  Jim's wife found out, and called their old friend Mike T, who just happens to be president of NA operations.

Jim got retired.  Lilly is still here. 

All the projects that are failing are gathering up, and are about due to be hung around the plant manager's neck.  And the plant manager is now...Lilly.

Mike T has a vicious sense of vengeance.

(I have to say that I am absolutely stunned that Jim, the quintessential good boy, was cheating.  Especially given that his wife is prettier than Lilly, smarter than Lilly, and - unlike Lilly - has emotions beyond those possessed by reptiles.)

Needless to say, I am willing to help this train wreck along.  Oh, yes.  Jim is the best boss I ever had, regardless of his personal failings, and I will have revenge.

WHOA.

Oh, that's messy as fuck.

It is probably in the top 3 shocks of my lifetime.
Molon Lube