News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

"hey when are you having kids? Its getting kinda late."

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 27, 2012, 09:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Incidentally, any offspring I have will also be entitled to dual citizenship, providing that Irish citizenship laws remain the same and I register their births with the Irish consulate (which I will), however my grandchildren will not unless they are born in Ireland.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2012, 03:07:44 AM
Huh, yeah I believed you, didn't need to post a scan ;-)

Quote from: That'll be five Twid, please. on March 02, 2012, 02:38:32 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2012, 02:30:24 AM
Quote from: That'll be five Twid, please. on March 02, 2012, 12:57:49 AM
Nothing to declare, US citizen, EU citizen, band practice. :p

You got double citizenship?? NICE

Yep. Born on American soil, so I can run for President in 2016, and Irish citizenship transfers automatically from an Irish parent born in Ireland. Got passports for both and everything. I just can't vote over there because I don't legally have a jurisdiction. Mom's Bostonian, Dad's Connemaran.

That's pretty cool. It's just I remember how much effort it was for my ex to get dual NL/DE citizenship, and our countries are right next to eachother! She was born with DE citizenship, Dutch/German parents, could've gotten the dual somewhere in the 80s but back then without the Internet it was easy to miss such an opportunity just before they changed the laws again, somewhere last year they changed them again, specifically for people with NL/DE parents, born before 80-something, it was hard to find, lots of paperwork, but in April 2011 she finally got complete, just in time to celebrate Dutch Queen's day as an NL citizen (30 april, think your 4th of july except with more improper dancing in the middle of the streets) :D

That was more because it was an opportunity to show off shitty ID photos. I can show you my horrible drivers license too, if you like. :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Missed the second part of your post. I remember she was mentioning that in Connecticut. It's funny how such laws change. If I had been more proactive in getting my Irish passport before 9/11 I would have been able to have both my English language and Irish language names on my passport without it being considered an alias. Now my Irish name is an interesting hypothetical.

Nephew Twiddleton

Triple Zero

Yes, ex, I sorta mentioned it in another thread a little while back, sorry it's really late now here so I'm not elaborating cause I'm tired, but yes, ex. It's okay though, we separated as friends and such.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2012, 03:26:39 AM
Yes, ex, I sorta mentioned it in another thread a little while back, sorry it's really late now here so I'm not elaborating cause I'm tired, but yes, ex. It's okay though, we separated as friends and such.

Glad to hear it was amicable. I liked her. Sleep well, sir.