News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

H. P. Lovencraft

Started by chaosgraves:agentoferis, July 03, 2004, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosgraves:agentoferis

am starting a script for a ten minute play which is a parody of h.p. lovcraft and h.r. puffenstuff... any ideas... I have a few already but am thinking that some may have ideas that my little monkey brain may not come up with.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomIs it a musical?
I'ts a ten minute play... so maybes but not much of one... we are going to try to do a stage version of like "journey to the moon"

Bella

Cool.

I wish Demonica was around....she's really good at ideas for this kind of thing.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

H.P. Lovecraft actually has to leave his basement for ten minutes and has to cope with how uncomfortable he is with everyday life,  (because of some extremely meaningless and mundane task).

St. Pynchon

Random notion:  If memory serves (and it never does), wasn't there a talking flute on hr puffinstuff?  Cross-reference with Nyarlathotep, "the crawling chaos that howls beyond the stars... surrounded by idiot flute players".

Incidently, I came across 'The Dark Messenger', by John Beal while I was looking for the HPL quote.   Interesting, tho the purple text on black makes it impossible to read.
MemeCo Buttons

Against the day

Quote from: St. PynchonRandom notion:  If memory serves (and it never does), wasn't there a talking flute on hr puffinstuff?  Cross-reference with Nyarlathotep, "the crawling chaos that howls beyond the stars... surrounded by idiot flute players".

Incidently, I came across 'The Dark Messenger', by John Beal while I was looking for the HPL quote.   Interesting, tho the purple text on black makes it impossible to read.
why thank you... I thought so to... now I can keep the "give me some skin, flute" line.... thanks alot.

Trollax

H P Lovencraft
Floating through the void on Cthulhu's raft...

Anyone know the rest of the song?

DJRubberducky

- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Malaul

damn it, I really wanted that link to work
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

DJRubberducky

EDIT: OMG, I typoed it.  Try again, and it will. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

something fast

A conversation in which HPL tries to explain the Cthulhu mythos to someone who hasn't got a clue about the mythos?

10 minutes of people trying to pronounce the names?
Can I have my brain back now?

DJRubberducky

- DJRubberducky

Quote from: lachjawA conversation in which HPL tries to explain the Cthulhu mythos to someone who hasn't got a clue about the mythos?

10 minutes of people trying to pronounce the names?
A skit in which the Mythos is combined with a episode of h.r. puffenstuff... I'm very sorry that I didn't make that more clear earlier... the play now has three acts and clocks in at about twenty minutes.