News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Re: Agnosticism and the socratic method

Started by Captain Utopia, August 05, 2009, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Kai on August 05, 2009, 12:33:53 PM
I've only read the first post, and it was extremely well written. Why you aren't getting many responses: A) it's longish, and people usually ignore longish pieces by new members B) it's preaching to the choir; most people here already know a great amount about classical greek philosophy, maybe logic, RAW and PKD, and C) fictionpuss posted in this thread, which ends up turning everyone off.
Ratonderio, if you'd prefer that I don't respond to any more of your writing, I will absolutely respect that.

Everyone else - if (C) is part of the reason then WTF are you doing allowing someone who you perceive as a whiny little troll getting in the way of someone else trying to make a genuine connection to you? Ratonderio has not responded to me in any fashion, none of my shit sticks to him. Here I am. Bash the fuck out of me in this split thread instead please.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Kai

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 05, 2009, 03:47:35 PM
I've only read the first post, and it was extremely well written. Why you aren't getting many responses: A) it's longish, and people usually ignore longish pieces by new members B) it's preaching to the choir; most people here already know a great amount about classical greek philosophy, maybe logic, RAW and PKD, and C) fictionpuss posted in this thread, which ends up turning everyone off.
Ratonderio, if you'd prefer that I don't respond to any more of your writing, I will absolutely respect that.

Everyone else - if (C) is part of the reason then WTF are you doing allowing someone who you perceive as a whiny little troll getting in the way of someone else trying to make a genuine connection to you? Ratonderio has not responded to me in any fashion, none of my shit sticks to him. Here I am. Bash the fuck out of me in this split thread instead please.

I made a simple observation. People tend not to post in threads where the OP is a newbie and the only person responding is someone they don't like.

Get the fuck over yourself, srsly. You are nothing special.

Why the hell should I bash you over any other pretentious person that shows up here?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Kai on August 05, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Quote from: fictionpuss on August 05, 2009, 03:47:35 PM

I made a simple observation. People tend not to post in threads where the OP is a newbie and the only person responding is someone they don't like.
I wasn't attacking you for making the simple observation. I was addressing anyone else who may have hesitated to respond to Ratonderio just because I took the time to read and respond to his writings.

Quote from: Kai on August 05, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Get the fuck over yourself, srsly. You are nothing special.

Why the hell should I bash you over any other pretentious person that shows up here?
Because you're predisposed to bash me anyway, and I'd rather not fuck up the other guys thread.