News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse #6: Walking With the King

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Honey on February 27, 2009, 02:17:07 AM
Wo Ho!  This last one took my breath away!  Wooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhha! 

& that visual image of Scalia?  This is the thing though, for some odd reason, my mind placed that Evan Mecham guy's face on the image   :?   Do you remember him?  This guy I used to work with would talk about him all the time & he would get all blue & red in the face.

I am still breathless, breathless I say!

Oh & bravissimo!

Thanks!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rumckle

:mittens:

Just another reminder that i am happy not knowing the truth.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on February 26, 2009, 01:05:02 AM
Your happiness is a sociopath. :x

My happiness is like a blimp.  A big fucking blimp.  Full of poop.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 12:55:21 AM
If you didn't listen to Elvis and Mohommed Ali and Screaming Lord Sutch and Johnny Cash, why the hell would you listen to me?   :argh!:

can't help but notice these are people from your youth. makes me wonder, is there something about that time to make people (or artists) more likely to "get it", or that they're pretty rare and just happened to exist then, or whether there are also more recent people that "get" the truth, in your opinion?

mind you, i'm not saying i dismiss them cause it's not really "my thing", just curious if there's some bias going on here.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 28, 2009, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 12:55:21 AM
If you didn't listen to Elvis and Mohommed Ali and Screaming Lord Sutch and Johnny Cash, why the hell would you listen to me?   :argh!:

can't help but notice these are people from your youth. makes me wonder, is there something about that time to make people (or artists) more likely to "get it", or that they're pretty rare and just happened to exist then, or whether there are also more recent people that "get" the truth, in your opinion?

mind you, i'm not saying i dismiss them cause it's not really "my thing", just curious if there's some bias going on here.

Well, we haven't seen a group of people like the American founders recently, have we?

I think these people come along periodically, in clumps, rather than an even distribution over time.

Requia ☣

I don't think its so much the people, as the time has to be right for the people to be noticed.

Benjamin Franklin could exist today, but there's no way in hell he'd get elected.

Elvis and his group... they were pretty much just the first white rockers who didn't suck.  Old Elvis, the awesome Elvis, that was just the luck of having somebody already famous get up and walk on both legs.

Jasper

The Founders weren't perfect, but compared to Jefferson we ain't shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 06:23:05 AM
Benjamin Franklin could exist today, but there's no way in hell he'd get elected.

That's cool, because he wasn't elected then, anyway.

Mostly because he was too smart to run for office, I think.

Requia ☣

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Template

Quote from: Felix on March 01, 2009, 06:24:32 AM
The Founders weren't perfect, but compared to Jefferson we ain't shit.

We don't have sources of free money.  Jefferson had a plantation.  I doubt most members of PD.com would spend an entire large, regular, low-work income on hookers and blow.  or pixy stix, beer, or espresso.

What part of Jefferson is actually lacking then, even after accounting for tradeoffs?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 01, 2009, 08:54:45 AM
Quote from: KC on March 01, 2009, 06:34:36 AM
He ran, and won, in 1751.

As President of the Pennsylvania Assembly?

I should have been more specific.

He did not run for president or federal congress (either house).

Dicking around with the Assembly of a bunch of Quaker spags doesn't really count.  Unless one of the Quakers is Nixon.

BADGE OF HONOR

Newton was off his fucking rocker and couldn't stop giving himself mercury poisoning but people still consider him the father of modern physics.  Was he a genius or was he just born at the right time?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".