News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Roger: An Apology

Started by Captain Utopia, March 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 28, 2011, 07:20:22 PM
I found no evidence of deleted posts. Either I'm doing it wrong or my screenshot thingy isn't working.

I'd like Faust to explain what the "prune logs" section does.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 07:22:51 PM
Its possible to remove the evidence yes. But unlikely and would take more with it. He could have done it from the sql panel but we didn't give him time to do that...

How long would he need?  He's been hollering about this for more than 12 hours.

And he's a coder for a living, I gather.  So "possible" is what I needed to hear.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 07:23:46 PM
Its possible to remove the evidence yes. But unlikely and would take more with it. He could have done it from the sql panel but we didn't give him time to do that...

And he's a coder for a living, I gather.  So "possible" is what I needed to hear.
Its possible, but unlikely, it doesn't take long but i don't think he thought of it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 07:26:16 PM

Its possible, but unlikely, it doesn't take long but i don't think he thought of it.

I remember writing the post, Phox remembers seeing it.

It isn't on PD.

Phox cannot see the admin board, there. 

Something happened to that post.

Luna

Honestly, I rather doubt anybody's credibility is hinging on that one post any more.  Not worth stressing over.  Whether it was deleted and mopped up or the forum just ate it and refuses to shit it back out, that post's presence or absence makes no difference to my opinion, for what it's worth.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 07:32:03 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 07:26:16 PM

I remember writing the post, Phox remembers seeing it.

It isn't on PD.

Phox cannot see the admin board, there. 

Something happened to that post.
That's probably the case, best case scenario it was posted in a different thread, worst he deleted it in a fit of rage. He's having a nervous breakdown, and out of feelings of... sympathy?...  I'd almost say argue with him about the other stuff because there's no way to prove or disprove that at this point.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on March 28, 2011, 07:20:22 PM
I found no evidence of deleted posts. Either I'm doing it wrong or my screenshot thingy isn't working.

I'd like Faust to explain what the "prune logs" section does.
It removes ALL entries from the logs. As there are entries today and going back a while the forum software wasn't tampered with (even if the sql database was).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 28, 2011, 07:38:00 PM
Honestly, I rather doubt anybody's credibility is hinging on that one post any more.  Not worth stressing over.  Whether it was deleted and mopped up or the forum just ate it and refuses to shit it back out, that post's presence or absence makes no difference to my opinion, for what it's worth.

He seems to be a little fixated.  He's started ANOTHER thread over there, to prove that the missing post is somehow proof that I am an evil mastermind (which may be true) that is out to subjugate all Discordia (which is not true, the job doesn't pay and I don't want it).

He's also posting things in an ever-increasing number of places, and lashing out at anyone who is "on Roger's side" (ie, calling Phox "trash"), and referring to some alt as his "new best friend" for agreeing with him.

Speaking as a person who has had a few difficulties of my own, I think CU is ill.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2011, 07:39:45 PM
That's probably the case, best case scenario it was posted in a different thread, worst he deleted it in a fit of rage. He's having a nervous breakdown, and out of feelings of... sympathy?...  I'd almost say argue with him about the other stuff because there's no way to prove or disprove that at this point.

Doesn't matter.  I am now the center of some weird conspiracy to hold Discordia down.   :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, enough is enough.

I now believe that CU is actually ill.  I have some experience in this sort of thing, as many of you may recall, and his behavior seems to indicate a breakdown.

As such, this just stopped being fun.

I am no longer interested in "debating" with him over this mess, and I no longer care about what he thinks he's proven about my actions or my motives (which, apparently, include the unpaid overlordship of all Discordia), and I don't care if this means he thinks he "won".  Nor do I care what further accusations he decides to level, nor any other internet-based games he wishes to play.

I am not in the business of taunting crazy people.

It's over, at least as far as I am concerned.

TGRR,
Has seen this sort of thing at least once before.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I'm done commenting. You could be completely in the wrong and it still wouldn't matter, because he's around the bend.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm done, you can't argue with crazy...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on March 28, 2011, 10:39:22 PM
I'm done, you can't argue with crazy...

I think things have calmed down.

Captain Utopia

Yup.  I lost it.  Have I found it yet?  Probably not.  

But an unreserved apology to everyone.  Taking it off-forum to piss off Roger more, ended up pissing on everyone else too.  Stupid stupid obvious stupid.

Sorry folks.

I'll be around again when I have a better idea that I have found "it".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 10:44:59 PM
Yup.  I lost it.  Have I found it yet?  Probably not.  

But an unreserved apology to everyone.  Taking it off-forum to piss off Roger more, ended up pissing on everyone else too.  Stupid stupid obvious stupid.

Sorry folks.

I'll be around again when I have a better idea that I have found "it".

I posted "5 questions" about the board over at EB&G.  You might want to mull over them while you look for "it".