News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

She apparently likes me.

Started by Calendula!, July 27, 2008, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calendula!

Eris is a MOTHERFUCKING BITCH.  :argh!:

Or the fairies are. Or the Grand Sense of Humor that Rules the Universe. Somebody thinks I'm funny.

Since wandering into the Discordian pie-stand, I have observed the following:

-Weird shit happening at work: My punch-card (and no one else's) apparently stolen from the rack (and never found). Bizarre complaints from parents over paperwork that was filled out correctly. Other stuff I probably haven't had the time to notice because I work with kindergarteners.

-Increase in the number of sketch-comedy like bad mornings (ripped stockings, deodorant stains, general increase in clumsiness and forgetfulness).

-Electronics going more haywire than usual: for example, my computer apparently decided to SPONTANEOUSLY INSTALL the Korean character font I'd been trying to activate for weeks, and I don't think there was any kind of automated system update preceding it. My iPod, which was functioning reasonably well last week, turned up a black screen this morning and is to all appearances dead-- I assume the timing has something to do with the 45-dollar headphones I bought last night.

It is now 1:30 in the morning. Having shut the bathroom door so the drano could do its work on a clogged shower drain, I returned a few minutes ago to find the door LOCKED. It was always a little tricky-- I forgot to pad it with a towel this evening-- but I've always been able to open the thing before now. It has decided that I will not be using my toilet tonight, and I fear the havoc that is being wreaked upon my pipes as I type (I didn't get to rinse the drano out)... I'm really sleepy, I have to fucking pee, and the sink is starting to look really good right now.

Yes, it's definitely hilarious, in a tremendously irritating way, but I certainly have the feeling I'm being given special attention.

And I want to brush my teeth. :(
로저: 석크 마이 띡크!! :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Wait.  You're a Discordian, and you're upset because the chaos hit YOU?

:lulz:

WELCOME TO NOT GETTING THE POINT, A NICE PLACE JUST SOUTH OF WAHHHH!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, most of what you described, YOU did to YOURSELF.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BADGE OF HONOR

The ipod breaking isn't random, it's because Apple makes pieces of shit so you will have to buy a new one every six months.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 27, 2008, 09:07:55 PM
The ipod breaking isn't random, it's because Apple makes pieces of shit so you will have to buy a new one every six months.

My previous one lasted almost 5 years. :kingmeh:

Nast

Well, sorry for all the crap that keeps happening. Maybe future occurances will be of the more entertaining and less annoying variety.

Also, you know Hangul? Neat!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Calendula!

I've only been a Discordian for a few weeks, Roger,so this is all pretty new to me. I don't think that I'm missing the point at all, since as I said I find the whole thing "hilarious in a tremendously irritating way."  I've just been pretty surprised by how immediate and literal the appearance of chaos has been, though I may just be noticing it now.

And I found out how to jimmy the bathroom door, so it's been a learning experience, as well.

Guess I should have lurked moar before trying to make conversation.

Thank you, Nasturtiums, and I like your name. : )

BADGE OF HONOR

Random annoying shit happens all the time, what's changed is your awareness of it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God on July 28, 2008, 01:09:08 AM
Random annoying shit happens all the time, what's changed is your awareness of it.

PS this is the fundamental precept of discordianism, live and learn.

BADGE OF HONOR

Oh, and you're not being recieved very well because nobody here treats eris as anything but a metaphor.  It's not a legitimate religion, for god's sake.

Calendula!

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 01:05:59 AM
though I may just be noticing it now.

And I found out how to jimmy the bathroom door, so it's been a learning experience, as well.
[/quote

Ja wohl.

Damn, that was fast, RBG. I was hoping no one would read that until I'd edited it. :(

Dude. I don't actually believe in a literal Eris, either. For fuck's sake, you guys.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Calendula! on July 28, 2008, 01:15:32 AM

Dude. I don't actually believe in a literal Eris, either. For fuck's sake, you guys.

Stick around long enough and you lose any faith in n00bs being intelligent.

Calendula!

Here, let me see if I can make this clearer:"

"Eris" is a MOTHERFUCKING "BITCH."  :argh!:

Or the "fairies" are. Or the "Grand Sense of Humor that Rules the Universe." "Somebody" "thinks" I'm funny.

Yes, it's definitely hilarious, in a tremendously irritating way, but I certainly have the feeling I'm being given special "attention."

Is that better?

Honestly, I thought I'd have to start ranting about the virtues of acid or something to get this much attention. O.o

BADGE OF HONOR

You've been pegged in the category of "Needs learning but not irrevocably retarded"

Calendula!

Joy. So that would put me about on a level with the rest of you guys?