News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

She apparently likes me.

Started by Calendula!, July 27, 2008, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Quote from: Nigel on August 07, 2008, 01:11:30 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on August 06, 2008, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 06, 2008, 08:31:16 PM
I flavor my coffee with moar coffee.  GOOD GAWD, WHY IS EVERYTHING SHAKING?!?!?!

RWHN,
Vacation is 2 days away but my mind is already there. 

Speaking of vacation - looks like Mrs Mang & I will be in Portland later this month for the art show.

I got ALLL excited for a moment there, but then I realized that you are referring to Portland Senior. :(

Yeah sorry...Portland Maine. However, if I can trick her into driving to Portland Oregon, we should meet up for dinner :)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

"ok, take a left at Rt 90...  Keep going...   Keep going..."

AFK

Hmm, maybe we need to have a Portland-Portland summit.  We can meet in Wichita. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 06, 2008, 07:13:40 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2008, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 05, 2008, 11:54:22 PM
QuoteEris is a MOTHERFUCKING BITCH. 

Or the fairies are. Or the Grand Sense of Humor that Rules the Universe. Somebody thinks I'm funny.

Since wandering into the Discordian pie-stand, I have observed the following:

-Weird shit happening....
I would say I like what you wrote, but considering how wonderfully friendly some people are around here to me no matter what I post, I'll refrain.

Here's a couple answers I've heard from Christians who believe Satan is everywhere waiting to get you (although I'm translating from God to Goddess, and from Satan to Greyface).  Choose one:

1) If your heart were truly right with Goddess, Greyface wouldn't be able to touch you like that.  If Greyface is able to get you that much, the reason you're having so many problems is because you aren't right with Goddess.  Your problems mean you're doing Bad!

2) Now that you're with Goddess, Greyface doesn't like it.  So Greyface is really going after you to try to get you back.  That's why you're having so many problems.  Your problems mean you're doing Good!

You old fraud.  You spout off how Old Skool you are, but the above post runs counter to all POEE Cabal teachings as found in the Principia Discordia.

Greyface is the embodiment of Order and Deadly Seriousness.  Eris is the embodiment of Chaos and Weirdness and Damnded Things That Can't be Cataloged.

To place the reasons for the Weird Shit happening to Cal on Greyface clearly shows your ignorance of the Old Ways of Discordia.

So STFU and GTFO.

DAMN IT!  Somebody finally caught me.  I was using the old Chairman Mao trick: "Cloak the revolution in the clothing of the past."  But as you found me out, I might as well admit it.  I'm really a Born-Again, Spirit-Filled, Pinko-Communist-Fascist, LeftWinged-RightWinger, Kabalan Neo Nazi Anarchist Discordian who's never even been to a Starbucks.

Oh, just shut the fuck up, you windbag.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on August 07, 2008, 02:42:28 PM
"ok, take a left at Rt 90...  Keep going...   Keep going..."
Hahaha "But honey, we've been driving for three days..."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 07, 2008, 03:03:30 PM
Hmm, maybe we need to have a Portland-Portland summit.  We can meet in Wichita. 

I could hell of do that. It's 3-4 days drive from here, tops.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Calendula!

Goddammit, I wish I'd never posted this stupid thread.  :facepalm:

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 05, 2008, 11:54:22 PM
QuoteEris is a MOTHERFUCKING BITCH. 

Or the fairies are. Or the Grand Sense of Humor that Rules the Universe. Somebody thinks I'm funny.

Since wandering into the Discordian pie-stand, I have observed the following:

-Weird shit happening....
I would say I like what you wrote, but considering how wonderfully friendly some people are around here to me no matter what I post, I'll refrain.

Here's a couple answers I've heard from Christians who believe Satan is everywhere waiting to get you (although I'm translating from God to Goddess, and from Satan to Greyface).  Choose one:

1) If your heart were truly right with Goddess, Greyface wouldn't be able to touch you like that.  If Greyface is able to get you that much, the reason you're having so many problems is because you aren't right with Goddess.  Your problems mean you're doing Bad!

2) Now that you're with Goddess, Greyface doesn't like it.  So Greyface is really going after you to try to get you back.  That's why you're having so many problems.  Your problems mean you're doing Good!

Thanks, that's, um. Nice.

Unfortunately, this was never intended to be a serious thread. Had I lurked longer, I would have discovered the Open Bar or a similar thread and posted it there instead. I misinterpreted the word "rants" in the description of the "Or Kill Me" forum; that's all. In addition, as it's been pointed out, tone carries really fucking poorly over the internet.

I have a cat. I love my cat dearly. I love him dearly, because (among numerous other reasons) he is a HORRIBLE BASTARD who does really cruel things to my limbs and furniture, and makes an even bigger mess of my apartment than I do of my own.

I repeat: I love my cat. BECAUSE HE IS A HORRIBLE BASTARD. BECAUSE HE CREATES CHAOS IN UNEXPECTED AND HILARIOUS WAYS. I'm proud of his ingenuity, delighted by his energy, glad of the company even when I'm cursing him out and calling him names. The entertainment value after the fact is usually worth whatever lost sleep and inconvenience are caused by Yggi's behavior. If he's too quiet, I worry.

This is what dog people do not understand about cat people. If I were to go into a forum filled with non-cat-lovers and make a post about how Yggi dragged me back from the bring of sleep last night by jumping on my face and making crazy noises-- or how he slashed open another new bag of kitty litter all over my bed-- or how I had to take down most of the decorations in my apartment when he proved there was no high point he wasn't ingenious enough to reach-- they'd tell me to stop complaining. ""Wait-- so you WENT OUT AND GOT A CAT, and you are now complaining about a few messes and shredded sofas? Welcome to MISSING THE POINT, a place just south of WAAAAH." (In such a hypothetical instance, such a hypothetical response might be accused of MISSING THE POINT.)

There is complaining, and complaining. I generally complain more to make conversation than for any serious reason. I unfortunately did so here in such a way as to come across as totally serious, which I was in fact not. So, like, just putting that out there.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled threadjack.  :fnord:
로저: 석크 마이 띡크!! :D

Cain

PLEASE IGNORE THE Uncle BadTouch, IT IS MALFUNCTIONING.

Voodoo

if you think Eris is a bitch, you should meet her sister

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Cain on August 11, 2008, 06:33:28 PM
PLEASE IGNORE THE Uncle BadTouch, IT IS MALFUNCTIONING.

No, he's functioning just perfectly, sucking all funny from thread.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Reverend Loveshade

Calendula! I enjoyed your post.  It merely got me going on how some Christians (not all--there's some I love and some who are quite intelligent) will twist things in two completely different directions and think it all makes sense.

As for me malfunctioning?  Impossible.

Reverend "I cannot possibly go worng" Uncle BadTouch
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Nast

Another thread ruint because Uncle BadTouch pissed in it.

Everyone out of the pool!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Voodoo

ass-wipe only malfunctions with user error

LMNO

Attn: Cal.

Your follow-up post makes you sound like Not A Douche.

I appreciate that.

Carry on with the Uncle BadTouch mockery.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on August 11, 2008, 11:58:28 PM
Calendula! I enjoyed your post.  It merely got me going on how some Christians (not all--there's some I love and some who are quite intelligent) will twist things in two completely different directions and think it all makes sense.

As for me malfunctioning?  Impossible.

Reverend "I cannot possibly go worng" Uncle BadTouch

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.