News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Miley Spears: A retraction, no apology, and laughs at your expense.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 15, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2012, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 08:34:25 PM
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, I should point out that Uncle BadTouch does try to intertwine his beliefs with Discordianism, they aren't simply "surplus opinions a discordian has".  So, there might be merit in his being interviewed with everyone else, out of a sense of completeness.

If I were to watch a documentary, or read a book, on Christianity I would want to now about Fred Phelps too.

There, I said it... Uncle BadTouch, the Fred Phelps of Discordia.

If I were a Christian, I'd feel uncomfortable about my beliefs being even tangentially associated with Phelps.  So, yeah.

They should.  Fortunately for us, Uncle BadTouch has to twist Discordianism to suit his beliefs... Phelps is just literal.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 09:33:00 PM
Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2012, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 15, 2012, 08:36:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 15, 2012, 08:25:19 PM
Man, I'm out of the loop.  I have no idea who these St. Mae and Uncle BadTouch characters are or why I should.

Ancient tales.  When I have time, I can write you a synopsis.

Short & skinny:  One of Uncle BadTouch's buddies just doorstepped my dad.

Yeah I caught that part, and it's fucked up.  I realize I hadn't explicitly stated so before but I thought it went without saying. 

I thought I'd missed something with the Uncle BadTouch thing as newer members than me, like Alty and Hover Cat (yeah, that's right), seem to know who he is.

I just rewatched Hard Candy the other night. Great movie, great movie.

:?

Movie about a pedo being toyed with by a psychotic teenage fledgling serial killer.  I guess related... sorta?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 07:21:20 PM
That's St Mae.   :kingmeh:

Yeah, I had a few words to say to that. Especially to the attitude that boils down to "you should participate in a project that includes input from a defender of kiddy-diddling... er, sorry, technically adolescent-diddling... even though it makes you uncomfortable, because I want you to".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, I should point out that Uncle BadTouch does try to intertwine his beliefs with Discordianism, they aren't simply "surplus opinions a discordian has".  So, there might be merit in his being interviewed with everyone else, out of a sense of completeness.

If I were to watch a documentary, or read a book, on Christianity I would want to now about Fred Phelps too.

I have no objection to him being interviewed.

I simply won't be involved.  At all.

Yeah, I feel like I'm being yelled at because I'm not playing and they want me to play.  :kingmeh:

As far as a documentary on Discordia, is this a documentary? Or a series of interviews, which is less like a documentary and more like a collaboration? Will Clutterbuck be including his own analysis of the situation? It appeared to me to be more like a "Discordians, in their own words" kind of project, and less of a "glimpse into modern Discordianism" kind of project, but either way, I don't have to choose to have my words appear alongside those of a hebephile, and there's no compelling reason for  me to do so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:05:44 PM

Yeah, I feel like I'm being yelled at because I'm not playing and they want me to play.  :kingmeh:

As far as a documentary on Discordia, is this a documentary? Or a series of interviews, which is less like a documentary and more like a collaboration? Will C*** be including his own analysis of the situation? It appeared to me to be more like a "Discordians, in their own words" kind of project, and less of a "glimpse into modern Discordianism" kind of project, but either way, I don't have to choose to have my words appear alongside those of a hebephile, and there's no compelling reason for  me to do so.

Certainly not.  It would seem to me to be thoroughly antithetical to the very core ideas of Discordianism to try to force anyone into participating.  Or did I dream that whole "stick apart" shit up?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Interesting... check the articles Miley Cyrus admits to creating on Uncyclopedia: hxxp://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Miley_Spears

Also, she mentions Cainad as her father again here.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

As far as a documentary on Discordia, is this a documentary? Or a series of interviews, which is less like a documentary and more like a collaboration? Will C be including his own analysis of the situation? It appeared to me to be more like a "Discordians, in their own words" kind of project, and less of a "glimpse into modern Discordianism" kind of project, but either way, I don't have to choose to have my words appear alongside those of a hebephile, and there's no compelling reason for  me to do so.

To address the question directly, yes I will be adding some of my own commentary.

For the record if someone chooses to participate or not, I respect that choice.

Could I please ask that my irl name not be used on PD for the next five weeks? I'm still teaching  for the next few weeks and my students occasionally webstalk me.

Also that sucks Roger, and I'm sorry to hear it.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 15, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

As far as a documentary on Discordia, is this a documentary? Or a series of interviews, which is less like a documentary and more like a collaboration? Will C be including his own analysis of the situation? It appeared to me to be more like a "Discordians, in their own words" kind of project, and less of a "glimpse into modern Discordianism" kind of project, but either way, I don't have to choose to have my words appear alongside those of a hebephile, and there's no compelling reason for  me to do so.

To address the question directly, yes I will be adding some of my own commentary.

Could I please ask that my irl name not be used on PD for the next five weeks? I'm still teaching  for the next few weeks and my students occasionally webstalk me.

Oh, "respect" is why you removed me from your group in the middle of that conversation?  :lol: Sure. It couldn't have been butthurt or censorship or anything like that.

Fuck you and your project, asshole.

Phox

Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:59:11 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 15, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

Oh, "respect" is why you removed me from your group in the middle of that conversation?  :lol: Sure. It couldn't have been butthurt or censorship or anything like that.

Fuck you and your project, asshole.
Wait, what? He was talking about respecting people's decisions to participate or not and then he throws someone out of the group? Uhhh...  :lulz:

Pope Pixie Pickle

I feel like promoting Uncle BadTouch is a bit like a hypothetical the members of PeeDee putting BH on some kind of pedestal.

and if predatory sick fucks like Uncle BadTouch's voices are more important to Discordia than the voices of sexual assault survivors in terms of who is interviewed or featured, then fuck that noise.

There is only one way I could be involved in this if Uncle BadTouch is featured, and that's if Dingo calls him out on his crap and exposes his sick twisted ass.

Dingo, what happened to you being a feminist, dude? Seriously.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on November 15, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
I feel like promoting Uncle BadTouch is a bit like a hypothetical the members of PeeDee putting BH on some kind of pedestal.

and if predatory sick fucks like Uncle BadTouch's voices are more important to Discordia than the voices of sexual assault survivors in terms of who is interviewed or featured, then fuck that noise.

There is only one way I could be involved in this if Uncle BadTouch is featured, and that's if Dingo calls him out on his crap and exposes his sick twisted ass.

Dingo, what happened to you being a feminist, dude? Seriously.

Damn near everyone has a price for which they will abandon their principles.  Some go cheap.

I guess we just learned Placid Dingo's price.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

And here is the letter:

The part that's really interesting is that she refers to her pseudonym as a "private figure" rather than a public one (and that she can't seem to keep the middle initial straight).  In short, this means that she has used a false name to convey a legal threat through the US mail, which is - I am informed - mail fraud carrying a penalty of up to 3 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

I think you are better do what she says Roger, it sounds serious!  :scared:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 16, 2012, 03:13:36 AM
I think you are better do what she says Roger, it sounds serious!  :scared:

:lulz:

Naw.  Shot her an email explaining that the retraction was made (because I now know that she isn't Uncle BadTouch, not because of her legal threats), and that due to her A) horrible fuck up, and B) doorstepping my father, I was sending her letter on to the postal inspector's office.  And that this isn't up for negotiation.  I have time next Monday, I'm doing it then.

Elder Iptuous

:lulz:
oh that's fantastic!  I mean, i'm sure you've got file cabinets full of that shit, but if i got something that hilarious, i'd have to frame it.
the juxtaposition of the legalese and your Holy Admonitions is just tres bien!