News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

The Official Unlimited Oil Spill Thread!

Started by Suu, May 30, 2010, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

AFK

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on June 11, 2010, 07:12:07 AM
I think Rachel Maddow has been covering this whole mess better than any other news station/show anywhere.

Agreed.  She seems to cover pretty much everything better than the rest of them, including the rest of the cast on MSNBC.  It's actual investigative journalism which seemed to have died somewhere along the way. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: RWHN on June 11, 2010, 01:31:10 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on June 11, 2010, 07:12:07 AM
I think Rachel Maddow has been covering this whole mess better than any other news station/show anywhere.

Agreed.  She seems to cover pretty much everything better than the rest of them, including the rest of the cast on MSNBC.  It's actual investigative journalism which seemed to have died somewhere along the way. 

Yep.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Zyzyx

Quote from: Hover Cat on June 11, 2010, 05:52:30 AM
Let me talk to my source of plane tickets and try to make some arrangements for some stuff, but I'll PM you soon if you're serious about this.

I live in south Louisiana, signed up for the Gulf Coast Restoration thingamajig. Will be mopping up down there fairly soon, I imagine.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Oil is already there.

Why wait? Just go.

Zyzyx

Vene

Unless you already have experience cleaning up this kind of thing, I'd suggest you don't do it by yourself. Oil is toxic, you may need safety gear you don't possess. Not to mention that you very well could end up doing more harm than good with attempts to clean it up.

Zyzyx

http://lagulfresponse.org/home.html

Yep, this is the group I signed up with and they said what you said, Vene.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Requia ☣

Hmm, just how much coastline has been hit anyway?  I can only find stuff for how much of Louisiana got hit.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Suu

I know that it is definitely starting to make landfall in MS, and AL, and tarballs are showing up in the FL panhandle, where they think oil is about a mile to 5 miles offshore as of this week.

LA has it the worst, but this is way far from over.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Zyzyx

We'd know more if the media wasn't being this obviously suppressed. At least, they told Anderson Cooper to gtfo.

BADGE OF HONOR

Welp, there was just a 500 barrel oil spill into Salt Lake City's water supply.  The drinking water is safe but a couple of creeks and wells are contaminated, including the small lake in the park by my house.  Blehhh. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sir Squid Diddimus

WHAT THE HELL!?!?

How did that even get there?????