News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

The Unauthorized Biography

Started by Iron Sulfide, June 30, 2007, 06:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess the one small part of my point that I may not have expressed well enough is that while making choices about what you absorb will mean you miss out on something,  it doesn't necessarily mean that what you choose to absorb isn't just as good, or better, for you at that point in time.

Choosing not to read RAW doesn't mean assiduously avoiding any of his creative output. Choosing not to listen to Ween doesn't mean assiduously avoiding any exposure to Ween. It just means making the choice to put in other music when it's under your control. I've never read any RAW before very recently, because there were other things I was more interested in reading. The Iluminatus! trilogy is a pleasant read, but I don't feel like I've been missing out, nor am I somehow Discordia-impaired, by not having read it before now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

I can totally understand that.

As a "matter of principle" though?  lol  Just teasing.  I think I get the jist of where you're coming from.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on March 28, 2008, 08:38:34 PM
Actually, you probably would like Borges.

I have an anthology I've been meaning to get around to for several years... maybe after I finish my RAW bender I'll get on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."