News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Principia Discordia (Evangelical Edition) now availiable [X-Post from POEE]

Started by Payne, January 09, 2009, 06:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

'Cause he's a lazy bastard, I assume.

Posting this here for him.

Quote from: Reverend Smeg the Kilted on January 09, 2009, 12:27:05 AM
GREETING YUO FUCKERS.
THE PDEE
This is an all-rehashed version of the Principia, intended for distribution. To this end, I have re-worked graphics and whatnot to make it the smallest page size I was able to find at any print-on-demand publisher (4.25" x 6.75"). It is also pretty bare-bones, in an effort to make it cheaper - it's got RAW's intro, the original 75 pages, the Starbuck's pebbles myth, a few random other things, and the Fifth Edition. 94 pages total, plus an obnoxious orange cover. I tried te make it as cheap as possible (but alas, lulu wants their cut). I'm not making jack from these, by the way, like 30c American per. Virtually nothing. I'd like to thank Syn (or whatever Payne made his fucking name into this week :lulz: ) for his assistance, and anyone whose stuff I raped and didn't know the author.
Also, anyone who contributed to the Fnord Fonts, I am indebted to you, as I made extensive use of them.
I am planning to do another one, more along the lines of my original idea, but it will have about twice as many pages, and so will be less feasible for giving away. But still smaller page-wise.

- Reverend Smeg the Kilted, KSC
Hail Fucking Eris.

----------------
The noise in my head is: The ADICTS - Viva La Revolution

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Reverend Smeg the Kilted

UPDATE on this nonsense: I have figured out how to set my revenue to nothing (this is my first time using Lulu for anything) and there is now *no* markup on these books. $6.38 each, same as I pay for 'em.

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm Reverend Smeg the Kilted.

-----BEGIN DISCORDIAN CODE BLOCK-----
VERSION 1.0
DCM/DO/>DADA Te/r c--(*) s+: a- comp+ P++ E F+ R* !tv b+++ OM6 RAW DC e h+ r* ys+++ k++ WEB"http://www.flyingsquirrelsonfire.com"
------END DISCORDIAN CODE BLOCK------

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Smeg the Kilted, KSC on January 10, 2009, 12:07:28 AM
UPDATE on this nonsense: I have figured out how to set my revenue to nothing (this is my first time using Lulu for anything) and there is now *no* markup on these books. $6.38 each, same as I pay for 'em.

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm Reverend Smeg the Kilted.

DUUUUUDE at that price i will buy so many! W0000T!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

drjon

--><--
Eris Broke my Hot Rod
The Appendix Discordia:
- The Semi-Official Quasi-Clandestine Bavarian Illuminati/Discordian Archives
- How The West Was Lost (Principia Discordia - The 1st Edition)
- The Apocrypha Discordia

LMNO

Reverend Smeg the Kilted

QuoteNeeds to be Law-of-Five'd.

Pfft. Too easy.

6+3+8=17

(6/3=2)+8=10 (first multiple)

6/8=.75, 7+5+3=15, divided by the 3 (number of digits in the final sequence) = 5

6/.38=15.789473684210526315(repeat) Add those together = 80, divided by 15.789473684210526315 = 5.06666666666666666692 all numbers after decimal added = 119, divided by the 5 in front of the decimal = 23.8.

This is of course a sign that Lulu, and possibly me, are tools of the Illuminati/Chaney/HomelandSecurity(tm)/Starbucks/David Icke, and will hunt down anyone buying this book.

So make sure you give them away quickly!!!

:lulz:

----------------
The noise in my head is: Andrews Sisters - Beer Barrel Polka

VERSION 1.0
DCM/DO/>DADA Te/r c--(*) s+: a- comp+ P++ E F+ R* !tv b+++ OM6 RAW DC e h+ r* ys+++ k++ WEB"http://www.flyingsquirrelsonfire.com"

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

indigoblade

I'd have put several web addressess in the text showing free sites to download the book, in fact I may do that myself. Could you imqagine finding out that you could have gotten the book for free online and finding out there's no refund! :lulz:
What?

Reverend Smeg the Kilted

Quote from: indigoblade on January 11, 2009, 09:35:32 PM
I'd have put several web addressess in the text showing free sites to download the book, in fact I may do that myself. Could you imqagine finding out that you could have gotten the book for free online and finding out there's no refund! :lulz:

Well POEE is mentioned on the back cover.

AND, I'm not really thinking this to be bought by people for themselves. Like my IRL Discordian friends (Rev Ned & Pope Stoner) are gonna put an order for about 30 of them.

VERSION 1.0

Cramulus

Well I just ordered some. I'm not sure how much I like the words "EVANGELICAL EDITION" printed on the front, but props to you for making this so cheap nonetheless.