News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 14, 2015, 12:54:54 AM
I am a patient boy.

I wait, I wait, I wait.

Started story, got really weird responses involving my marriage or something.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

A good friend of mine who already had an unplanned kid outta high school with his ex-wife announces on Facebook that his current girlfriend is 6 weeks pregnant. I tell him congratulations, but that i'm concerned how he's gonna make that work when hes already working two jobs just to pay his current bills living at his parents house. i ask him what his plan is going forward, he gets defensive, tells me to stop judging him, and then posts one of those FB hissy fit posts that's just vague enough to be about anyone. Having been someone who was there with him through all the drama that happened when the first child was born including the messy divorce and subsequent custody bullshit, i'm more than a little pissed at his response, but as of yet am choosing to let the two of us sleep on it to avoid conflict.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on May 19, 2015, 06:35:32 AM
A good friend of mine who already had an unplanned kid outta high school with his ex-wife announces on Facebook that his current girlfriend is 6 weeks pregnant. I tell him congratulations, but that i'm concerned how he's gonna make that work when hes already working two jobs just to pay his current bills living at his parents house. i ask him what his plan is going forward, he gets defensive, tells me to stop judging him, and then posts one of those FB hissy fit posts that's just vague enough to be about anyone. Having been someone who was there with him through all the drama that happened when the first child was born including the messy divorce and subsequent custody bullshit, i'm more than a little pissed at his response, but as of yet am choosing to let the two of us sleep on it to avoid conflict.

Pro-tip:

How your friend is going to make it in a situation he can't exactly back out of is none of your fucking business.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Have you tried being supportive? Buying him a beer maybe? And if he talks about it let him and if he asks for advice then you can chime in.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 19, 2015, 01:04:34 PM
Have you tried being supportive? Buying him a beer maybe? And if he talks about it let him and if he asks for advice then you can chime in.
Seconded.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

I've been tweeting as Enrico a lot the last few days, when I should be writing. It's oddly satisfying, but I'm looking for more horrible people to troll on there. It can't be all Donald a Trump and Gavin McInnes all the time...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Hoopla on May 19, 2015, 02:22:50 PM
I've been tweeting as Enrico a lot the last few days, when I should be writing. It's oddly satisfying, but I'm looking for more horrible people to troll on there. It can't be all Donald a Trump and Gavin McInnes all the time...

I've been loving the shit out of it.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 19, 2015, 02:30:58 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 19, 2015, 02:22:50 PM

I've been loving the shit out of it.  :lulz:

It made me realize how much I hold back in my regular Twitter account. I feel like Howard Stern now!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had another dream in which me and LMNO were cuddling.

Cuddling.

WTF, brain???

LMNO

I....

...Yeah, I got nothing. 

It's like all the gears in my brain have locked up trying to process that.

Doktor Howl

I just got counseled for not falling asleep in a meeting, and for not doing work that had been taken out of my hands.

I am of course behaving badly now.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Thanks for the sympathy everyone, although now I feel like a goober for dropping that and then fucking off for days.

May is my new February. This has been a real shitter of a month, as far as my normally charmed life goes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 19, 2015, 03:49:26 PM
I....

...Yeah, I got nothing. 

It's like all the gears in my brain have locked up trying to process that.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 04:08:49 PM
I just got counseled for not falling asleep in a meeting, and for not doing work that had been taken out of my hands.

I am of course behaving badly now.

:crankey:

There's nothing better than "I don't want you do to the thing" followed by "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THE THING?"