News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Man shoots alleged child molester

Started by Dysnomia, April 08, 2010, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

ITG - "if you said that to my face, I'd knock you the fuck out"

ITT - "if you touched my kid I'd castrate you and drop acid all over your balls"

No difference of any real relevance.

Mangrove

Alleged <-----the magic word.

Vigilante justice rarely gets it right. There was a case in the UK a few years ago when a load of idiots attacked a Doctor's house because they were too fucking stupid to know the difference between 'pediatrician' and 'pedophile'.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on April 08, 2010, 09:27:20 PM

ITT - "if you touched my kid I'd castrate you and drop acid all over your balls"

Sure, maybe the ITT should have ePrimed their comments ("If someone touched my kid, I think that I would be very upset and consider pouring acid on their ballsack, though I have no way of knowing if I, in fact, would do such a thing")... but it still seems more like a emotional response to an emotional hypothetical than an enraged response for getting banned from a forum... or getting called a name online.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Mangrove on April 08, 2010, 09:32:42 PM
Alleged <-----the magic word.

Vigilante justice rarely gets it right. There was a case in the UK a few years ago when a load of idiots attacked a Doctor's house because they were too fucking stupid to know the difference between 'pediatrician' and 'pedophile'.

"the man he alleges sexually abused him when he was just 11 years old."

Personal justice != Vigilante justice

or maybe the guy is just crazy and believes he was abused at age 11 because of to much lead in the water.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysnomia

Personally, if that guy was molested by the guy as a child, I wouldn't have a problem with him roaming around providing he go proper care/therapy.  Because I don't view him as a danger to society at large-unlike someone with a hard on for killing people.  Though that doesn't mean that I think nothing should happen  But I'm wondering if in this case, it would be more appropriate to send him to a psych ward rather than to prison.  
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2010, 09:34:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 08, 2010, 09:27:20 PM

Sure, maybe the ITT should have ePrimed their comments ("If someone touched my kid, I think that I would be very upset and consider pouring acid on their ballsack, though I have no way of knowing if I, in fact, would do such a thing")... but it still seems more like a emotional response to an emotional hypothetical than an enraged response for getting banned from a forum... or getting called a name online.

:facepalm:

Don't know why I bother sometimes.

Mangrove

From Merriam Webster:

Vigilante: A member of volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the process of law appear inadequate)

also: a self appointed doer of justice

Dude A claims Dude B molested him years ago. Dude A decides that the best way to settle the matter is to murder Dude B.

Dude A is a 'self-appointed doer of justice'. Thus, a vigilante.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Kai

This thread is one of those painful reads.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Freeky

Dr. Paes

I think that murderers should be molested.

Cramulus

if only you could go back in time and molest your murderer preemptively

Eater of Clowns

Cain, if I ever meet you I'm so going to kill you for pointing out ITG.

The issue I would take with that classification is nobody is directly threatening someone, which is key ITG syndrome.  This seems more like a "if I had a million dollars" except with a greater degree of acid ball burning.  Point well taken that saying one would do something is a far cry from actually doing it, and knowing what one would do is not likely without being confronted by the situation.

So there's unanimous agreement in this thread that child molestation is wrong.  No big surprise there (btw watch Little Children for a decent movie on the subject, with the guy who played Rorschach as a pedophile).  Khara and a few others described emotionally how they think their reactions would be, which is fine, but I think the key is that a few people said they would be willing to pay for what they'd done.  So in the situation where one exacts justice, gets caught, would anyone here really expect to walk?  I sure as hell wouldn't, and I don't think this guy should either.  Setting precedent for justifiable murder and vigilantism is asinine, no matter how much the pedo deserved what he got.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

President Television

It's been established by now that killing is an inappropriate response. What about putting the fucker in an oxygen tent?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Dysnomia

Quote from: Cramulus on April 08, 2010, 11:44:04 PM
if only you could go back in time and molest your murderer preemptively

OH SHIT

explains everything!   :eek:

SPS,
bad taste
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jasper

Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on April 09, 2010, 12:06:34 AM
It's been established by now that killing is an inappropriate response. What about putting the fucker in an oxygen tent?

Yes, we should definitely not kill people, but let's all torture the pedos.  That way we've totally got the moral high ground.

I'm not siding with whoever proposed torture, but death by vigilante is, to me, a fairly acceptable punitive sanction against rape.  To my thinking it is not unreasonable to prohibit such behavior from enjoying the society they are working against.

Besides, the state spends millions on death row, and the vigilante spent what, a dollar and change?