News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Little ways to entertain yourself

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 12, 2011, 10:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sometimes, annoying things happen. Cram was talking about his coworker just blowing up at little things, and I suggested that perhaps he could entertain himself by blowing up similarly about other little things... really, really little things. Like the color of a chair.

In Mr. Language's apartment, the paper-thin walls allowed us to enjoy the details of his neighbors' lives, late at night when we were trying to sleep. The lady to the north liked to have intense one-sided arguments for hours, and I used to imagine her having them with her cat.

The guys to the south would stay up into the wee hours, and we heard a low hum of conversation and the clinking of glasses and bottles, punctuated by outbursts of laughter. One night, Mr. Language rolled over and said "I like to imagine that they're sitting around a little table with a ping-pong ball on it, discussing the ping-pong ball." After that, every time they started us out of sleep with their laughter, we couldn't help giggling, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Whenever my neighbors are playing music at a wee hour of the night, or just annoyingly loud, I plan a counterattack.

Typically the song is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52p9jc-gOo

Edit: Okay, maybe not quite the same, but I get entertainment out of my own ways!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 12, 2011, 10:42:43 PM
Whenever my neighbors are playing music at a wee hour of the night, or just annoyingly loud, I plan a counterattack.

Typically the song is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52p9jc-gOo

Edit: Okay, maybe not quite the same, but I get entertainment out of my own ways!

:lulz:

That reminds me of when a bunch of little shits were blasting bad rap from their car in front of my house for an hour, and I finally got fed up and put on Carmina Burana at top volume with my front windows open.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Yeah, today I got flipped off by my rude Indian next door neighbors when I asked them not to smoke outside of my backdoor because it's a fire hazard (They're ashing on a fucking SUITCASE THAT'S BLOCKING MY DOOR.)

So...on went Hooker with a Penis, hence why I'm still blaring Aenima.

Tool will continue until the back steps are clear, assholes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Slyph

The problem with blasting tool and stuff. is that nobody knows you're being contemptuous.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Atticus70?blend=6&ob=5

You should play something that there's no fucking way anyone will believe you're just "rocking out" to. Anything in this channel really. Or Calliope.

Anyway, What I do, is I pit my endurance against Jehovah's Witnesses. They're not really supposed to disengage as long as you're willing to talk to them. So keep talking. Have a lot to say. Bore the shit out of them. Filibuster them to tears.

Also a good technique to use at the dole office, if you ever find yourself unemployed. "So how did this week go?" If you tell them enough trivialities they ask you less questions.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Luna on April 13, 2011, 04:25:09 AM
Bagpipes.   :evil:

Seconded. I love bagpipe music but it never fails to clear the room / house / neighborhood when I let 'er rip.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I make flour paste and cut it into little chunks and let it dry. Then put it in plastic baggies. When I take the trash out I let it drop on the ground. Then we take bets on how fast one of the crackheads will find it and spazz.

What? It's boring in the ghetto and you can only call the number of gunshots in a night for so long before it gets old.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Khara on April 13, 2011, 05:30:29 AM
I make flour paste and cut it into little chunks and let it dry. Then put it in plastic baggies. When I take the trash out I let it drop on the ground. Then we take bets on how fast one of the crackheads will find it and spazz.

What? It's boring in the ghetto and you can only call the number of gunshots in a night for so long before it gets old.

Fucking awesome! :lulz:

When I lived in Belltown in Seattle (back when it was nasty before it got all yuppified), we used to hang a weighted $5 bill out the window from a fishing pole, and watch the crackheads freak out when we reeled it down the sidewalk and up into the air.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 13, 2011, 06:50:07 AM

When I lived in Belltown in Seattle (back when it was nasty before it got all yuppified), we used to hang a weighted $5 bill out the window from a fishing pole, and watch the crackheads freak out when we reeled it down the sidewalk and up into the air.

Damn and I thought the dollar on a fishing line was fun, we'll have to try that in the big tree out back!!!   :lulz:

Richter

I like to say random bizzare shit to my roomie Nurse East.  She used to just get appauled, but now she's rollign with it and BS'ing right back at me.

Sometimes I pick up an odd object from my desks or shelves, and try to picture it as a spaceship.

Whenever people gripe about phallic imagery / fixation / penis envy, I challenge them to figure out the vaginal equivalent.  I have yet to receive a satisfactory answer.

I design weaponized multi purpose sewing  or weaving devices.  (The steel lucet with screwdriver and bottle opener is still one of my favorites)

I also stop looking at areas as part of a city, office, whatever, and imagine it completely empty of any people.  Like it was part of the first "Myst" game.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on April 13, 2011, 02:45:23 PM
(The steel lucet with screwdriver and bottle opener is still one of my favorites)

I need one of these!  :)  Gave my lucet away to a lady headed on deployment so she'd have something portable to work on.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

I like to tell stupid jokes at staff meetings.  Of course puns are included. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Telarus

Quote from: Khara on April 13, 2011, 02:10:31 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 13, 2011, 06:50:07 AM

Damn and I thought the dollar on a fishing line was fun, we'll have to try that in the big tree out back!!!   :lulz:

Hahah. My cousin (south cal surf rat), when he was younger, would do that with peanuts and ground squirrels. I bed the crack-heads run just as fast.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I pick random words that occur often in the ordering process and ascribe a function to them. I sing a little jingle for "provalone", do a short dance if someone says "combo" . . . etc. My goal is to get them all doing something like the Macarena or Chicken Dance for a sammich.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.