Main Menu

Illuminatus Trilogy

Started by Churro the Viscous, April 06, 2008, 10:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on April 24, 2008, 05:55:58 PM
Quote from: lolwut666 on April 24, 2008, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: Churro the Viscous on April 06, 2008, 10:33:34 PM
I read half of the first chapter, and I'm really not feeling like it's worth while.
So, I'd like to know from some fellow Discordians:
Is the Illuminatus Trilogy worth it?
Should I continue reading it?
Or is it just some irrelevant novel?

check out the appendices

I skipped the appendices the first time I read it, and now they are probably my favourite parts.

Well, that's where all the real Illuminati secrets are hiding anyway.

Also, I made some Alamut Black Hash per the formula in Illuminatus. That was some trippy stuff.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 24, 2008, 06:02:21 PM
I read half of the first chapter, and I'm really not feeling like it's worth while.

check out the appendices

I skipped the appendices the first time I read it, and now they are probably my favourite parts.

Also, I made some Alamut Black Hash per the formula in Illuminatus. That was some trippy stuff.

Where'd you get your hands on Belladonna?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on April 24, 2008, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 24, 2008, 06:02:21 PM

check out the appendices

Where'd you get your hands on Belladonna?

A) it helps to have a fiance' that has great knowledge of plants.
B) Belladonna actually grows wild in Ohio, both Deadly Nightshade variety and the less deadly form.
C) The hardest stuff to find was the Stramonium, but the local Conservatory has a giant patch of Angel's Trumpet growing in their front yard.

NWC

I loved it, although having read it, I'm 100% positive that Coldstone Creamery, one of the places I work at, is an Illuminati front.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: NWC on May 03, 2008, 04:56:15 AM
I loved it, although having read it, I'm 100% positive that Coldstone Creamery, one of the places I work at, is an Illuminati front.

I scraped the labels off of every empty bottle of prescription medication I threw away, and disposed of the pieces in separate trash bags, for about a month after I read the book.

Hold onto the paranoia as long as you can.

NWC

Diagnosed paranoid schizo here, it's never going away :D

And I don't have to worry about prescription bottle labels anymore, I stopped taking my meds awhile ago, at which point my mind started breathing again.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2008, 05:15:41 AMI scraped the labels off of every empty bottle of prescription medication I threw away, and disposed of the pieces in separate trash bags, for about a month after I read the book.

why?

although, i gotta admit, i did go "huh???" when i saw some people carrying a cardboard box with a big eye printed on it (probably packaging for a TV) on the streets, because box = cube => pyramid, eye, illuminati .. RAW did something very right ..

though i also don't think a similarly powerful book can have the same effect on me again, call it jaded, call it burned out, but ... i think i need stronger stuff. i'll try memorizing godel's incompleteness theorem by head or something :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: triple zero on May 03, 2008, 01:30:09 PM
Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2008, 05:15:41 AMI scraped the labels off of every empty bottle of prescription medication I threw away, and disposed of the pieces in separate trash bags, for about a month after I read the book.

why?

Irrational paranoia. It wore off, though. Now I am very rationally paranoid about the radio-trans-whatever-the-fuck the Government put on my water heater. No joke, everyone in the neighborhood (a military housing base, btw) got one, and it's got a little green light and one of those tamper-evident locks. We all got letters telling us how it's supposed to help in the event of a power outage or save energy or some such fnordy nonsense.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2008, 07:35:32 PMIrrational paranoia. It wore off, though. Now I am very rationally paranoid about the radio-trans-whatever-the-fuck the Government put on my water heater. No joke, everyone in the neighborhood (a military housing base, btw) got one, and it's got a little green light and one of those tamper-evident locks. We all got letters telling us how it's supposed to help in the event of a power outage or save energy or some such fnordy nonsense.

right i think i saw something similar once on a central heating system shared by several people in the same house.

i supposed it measures temperature differentials over time, and sort of roughly calculates the energy-use per unit, so people can be billed depending on how much they use.

the odd thing is, that it appeared to be wireless. and i don't believe that any gvmt guy would come to every heating-unit separate and download the data (i didn't see a data port on it either), so my guess would be that it wirelessly transmits the data to some central processing device in the house somewhere (probably near the main central heater / kettle thing).

seems very high-tech for something like that, especially since i can't imagine the energy company caring about people in the house complaining about unfair energy bills, as long as the amount for one housing unit adds up, right? the users can't prove anything anyway.

but most importantly, i figured that if it was wireless data, i'm 99% sure it's not encrypted (properly), if i'd live there i'd jam or tamper with the signal or something, just for the fun of it :)

btw i just remembered i googled the brandname on the device, and it indeed turned out to be what i thought it was (i still think it's a bit high tech for what it does, but apparently it's worth it or it wouldnt exist)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Boozer

I got a letter saying the water causes diseases and is not safe to drink... or some shit, but none of that matters when there is no kool-aid left.

TheLastLump

Quote from: daruko on April 07, 2008, 05:31:20 PM
Wow, yeah, I forgot about the sign experiment... Thanks for reminding me.

It's kind of disappointing how many people stop at the Model Agnosticism though, without ever trying the experiments.  I mean, sure you've realized there is no single objective reality out there.  But now why wouldn't you want to go out and experience all those exotic amazing varieties of reality... now that you realize how flexible your reality can be, wouldn't you want to fuck with it? 

I'm not suggesting one has to... really it'd just be nice to know some more people in real life that are as eager as I am in doing it.

To most people, the idea of fucking with their own reality would be a scary concept. I'm only just beginning to get used to messing with it through weed- if I ever managed to alter my reality WITHOUT something to blame it on, I'd phr34k.

Could you imagine if you could train your mind to see things that weren't there? What if you couldn't turn it off, and you never knew WHAT was really there? You could even re-set your head to where everything's back to normal. But would you believe it?
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: TheLastLump on May 12, 2008, 05:34:35 PM

It's kind of disappointing how many people stop at the Model Agnosticism though, without ever trying the experiments.  I mean, sure you've realized there is no single objective reality out there.  But now why wouldn't you want to go out and experience all those exotic amazing varieties of reality... now that you realize how flexible your reality can be, wouldn't you want to fuck with it? 

I'm not suggesting one has to... really it'd just be nice to know some more people in real life that are as eager as I am in doing it.

To most people, the idea of fucking with their own reality would be a scary concept. I'm only just beginning to get used to messing with it through weed- if I ever managed to alter my reality WITHOUT something to blame it on, I'd phr34k.

Newsflash... you alter your reality all the time without anything (other than your own neurological system) to blame it on. Feel free to begin phr34k1ng.

Could you imagine if you could train your mind to see things that weren't there? What if you couldn't turn it off, and you never knew WHAT was really there? You could even re-set your head to where everything's back to normal. But would you believe it?

You are already there... the only questions is "Can YOU accept the TRUTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 12, 2008, 07:31:22 PM
Newsflash... you alter your reality all the time without anything (other than your own neurological system) to blame it on. Feel free to begin phr34k1ng.

True.  My whole world view changes after eating a bad Filet O'Fish.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on May 12, 2008, 07:42:56 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on May 12, 2008, 07:31:22 PM
Quote from: TheLastLump on May 12, 2008, 05:34:35 PM

True.  My whole world view changes after eating a bad Filet O'Fish.

There is such a thing as a good Filer O'Fish?

TheLastLump

"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.