News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

An insufficiently deep introspection by a capricious and mercurial 20-something.

Started by Freeky, November 02, 2012, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 12, 2012, 05:07:53 PM
You have the floor, good sir.

Right, then.

Thing is, Dalek's a smart kid, and he's said a lot of smart things on the board in the past.

Problem:  EVERYTHING he posts right now is a paean to drugs.  Everything.  He has found a uniform and put it on, buttoning it up so tightly that nothing else can get out.

Don't get me wrong:  I am not anti-drug for the most part.  I know people that use one drug or another daily...But to them, it's like smoking cigarettes, something they DO, not something they become.  And what's happened to Dalek over the last few times he's been here is that he's started to treat it as a fucking RELIGION, that he just HAS to tell us about.  Everything is somehow connected to his drug experiences.

That isn't exactly new around here.  Horab, Lies, LHX (not sure what's up with him these days, seems a little more grounded), a few others.  They became mired in durgs and woo, and that was basically that.  There was nobody left to talk to, if you catch my drift.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

If there are people I know and love that I call friend, that's a good basic start to feeling whole.

If I've known them for years, it's likely I owe them an enormous debt of one kind or another, and would happily dig my hole even deeper to shore up the tiniest cracks that appear beneath them.

I don't understand what purpose rumors and lies hold.  The only thing I can think is to purposely poison the well, so to speak, against a certain person or number of people. Even stupid ones that make no sense. Especially if the rumor monger does not know or hang out with the person in question.

But people who ought to know better believe the lies. What does that say about the person being lied about? What does that say about the person who should know better? What does that tell about their friendship or whatever? Is anything even real anymore? Is everything based on a bunch of lies designed to crush people at their most vulnerable?

I don't know.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on November 12, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
If there are people I know and love that I call friend, that's a good basic start to feeling whole.

If I've known them for years, it's likely I owe them an enormous debt of one kind or another, and would happily dig my hole even deeper to shore up the tiniest cracks that appear beneath them.

I don't understand what purpose rumors and lies hold.  The only thing I can think is to purposely poison the well, so to speak, against a certain person or number of people. Even stupid ones that make no sense. Especially if the rumor monger does not know or hang out with the person in question.

But people who ought to know better believe the lies. What does that say about the person being lied about? What does that say about the person who should know better? What does that tell about their friendship or whatever? Is anything even real anymore? Is everything based on a bunch of lies designed to crush people at their most vulnerable?

I don't know.

:?

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2012, 05:13:20 PM

Right, then.

Thing is, Dalek's a smart kid, and he's said a lot of smart things on the board in the past.

Problem:  EVERYTHING he posts right now is a paean to drugs.  Everything.  He has found a uniform and put it on, buttoning it up so tightly that nothing else can get out.

Don't get me wrong:  I am not anti-drug for the most part.  I know people that use one drug or another daily...But to them, it's like smoking cigarettes, something they DO, not something they become.  And what's happened to Dalek over the last few times he's been here is that he's started to treat it as a fucking RELIGION, that he just HAS to tell us about.  Everything is somehow connected to his drug experiences.

That isn't exactly new around here.  Horab, Lies, LHX (not sure what's up with him these days, seems a little more grounded), a few others.  They became mired in durgs and woo, and that was basically that.  There was nobody left to talk to, if you catch my drift.

Yeah, I stopped reading his posts after I noticed the "drugs drugs drugs enlightenment" soundtrack going on. I've been 15, I don't need to re-experience it through him. Maybe he'll grow out of it.

I swear, these people seem to think they're experiencing something no one else has ever experienced. Or written books about. Or made albums and movies about. And they don't want to listen to anyone who's been there done that, seen it all before, because you just don't understand, man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2012, 05:13:20 PM

Right, then.

Oh, god. This is why self identified stoners irritate the living shit out of me now.. I used to be all MDMA, shrooms, weed and woo. It didn't open any thing up for me really, I just spunked 10 of the best years of my life and gave myself psychosis. Now if the only political platform someone cares about is pot legalisation I give them a wide fucking berth, because these folks are boring as fuck. All they do is talk about the drugs and the trips and "oh this should be legal" are a bunch of boring self deluded pinks.

Oh, and Daalek, hon, I know you have someone with psychosis issues in your family. fucking pack all that psychedelic and weed shit in, you aren't invincible. if that's too much to ask, cut way the hell back. DO NOT eat shrooms every weekend for a fucking season, do not smoke dope all day every day for years. That way real madness lies, and it ain't fucking pretty. Some peep's brains can handle this shit on that kind of scale, but they are few and far between, and if you are anything like me, (I have family members with psychosis issues too, 2 of em other than me) you aren't built to cope with that shit.  Practice extreme moderation if anything at all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on November 12, 2012, 05:55:41 PM

Oh, god. This is why self identified stoners irritate the living shit out of me now.. I used to be all MDMA, shrooms, weed and woo. It didn't open any thing up for me really, I just spunked 10 of the best years of my life and gave myself psychosis. Now if the only political platform someone cares about is pot legalisation I give them a wide fucking berth, because these folks are boring as fuck. All they do is talk about the drugs and the trips and "oh this should be legal" are a bunch of boring self deluded pinks.

Yeah, when someone says that numerical phrase, "smoke every day", whatever it is, I tune out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know.

You do realize that this sort of unspecific persecution post sounds paranoid and delusional, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm concerned about you, Freeky. I feel like I've been watching you go down some kind of dark spiral for the last several months, and I keep hoping you'll pull out of it but it just seems to be getting worse. I know you don't have insurance (same boat, here) but is there counseling you can get through school, maybe?

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: CAKE on November 12, 2012, 06:50:48 PM

I don't know.

You do realize that this sort of unspecific persecution post sounds paranoid and delusional, right?

I would expect so, if I were making some sort of accusation against anyone.