News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

ITT, You recommend Coffeemakers

Started by AFK, September 09, 2008, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Yep.  Mine, that is, the one that was my wife's when we married, I believe was manufactured some time during the Reagan administration.  I wanna new one.  Any of you spags have any coffeemachines that you would rave about to someone?  Huh, well do you? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Not really. But my coffeemaker was about $20 from Linens 'n' Things and it has a programming function, so when I got out of the shower this morning, there was ALREADY COFFEE WAITING FOR ME.

Friggin' genius, man.

I like cheap and smart.

...I should date more grad students. :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

My wife married one.   :D  Not sure what she was thinking though. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lilith

Coffeeholic here! But I don't like any filtered one. I have this Bodum glass coffee pots, where you put the coffee in, add hot water and just press down. Taste better, but you'll need an extra thermo, so probably too much work :D
I can only recommend a fully automatic coffee machine which grind the beans fresh and uses no paper fileter (my dream,. but too expensive right now).
But if you go for the caffeine and not the taste, it probably won't matter. Krupps and Braun are best ;)

Dysfunctional Cunt

I have a Braun that I've had for quite a few years.  You can program it.  It makes 14 cups. It's lasted over 11 years, I got it when I was pregnant with my youngest son and he'll be 12 in Oct.  Sooo, they last really well.  Of course it did replace my 20 something year old Mr. Coffee which is still working, my father dug it out because it is such a small pot.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypseâ„¢

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

We have the ginormous French press my husband likes and our newish coffeemaker that grinds the beans fresh before it swings the gold filter back over and makes the coffee for you.  All programmable too.  You can program how dark you want it, etc.

Made by Capresso.

Darth Cupcake

Voodoo

Darth Cupcake

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Voodoo

I have been stopping there because my Mr. Coffee is just putting out bitter-tasting brown water.  I guess it needs to be cleaned or replaced?  I am not sure.  Takes less effort to stop at starbucks.

Plus, I don't have time in the morning to blend a coffee Frappuccino® with a shot of espresso, before taking the baby to daycare.

It also doesn't hurt that the hispanic barista who vends my caffeine is cute as a button.

Lilith

Vienna has the best coffee bean roastery!

Darth Cupcake

It's just that Starbucks represents the devil is all.

I go almost every day to the local coffeeshop near my office, just because the lanky tattooed barista that makes my Americano is cute as hell, and totally knows me and my drink. And is always offering me an extra shot and/or a flavor shot. 8) And he's cute. Mmmm. A boy and a coffee. Makes my lunch break much better!

I want my coffee now but it is raining and I forgot my umbrella. I fail. :cry:

Eve

I think we have a pretty decent coffeemaker, but I can't seem to get it to work right.  :?

-Eve,
has been paid to make coffee for years, still can't make coffee at home.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.