News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

walking

Started by Horab Fibslager, December 06, 2003, 04:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

walking is great. some of the greatest thinkers have walked, adn not only is it great for the mind, but also for the body and soul.

i walk everywhere, wether it's to work or to the bar, or home from teh bar, walking is what i do. i used to walk to a different town to get to work, only 45 minutes, but much more invigorating than the 5 minute bus ride. when i tell ppl this they give me a funny look and tell me i must be crazy(so?). m,yfreind's mom when i lived in the area walked everywhere, and despite being late 50's looked not a day over 30(and had sexy legs to boot :D)

so go out and walk, take in teh scenery, meet soem peopel and say hi to people you pass by(or even jsut smile at them) it'll do you, and the world, some good.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Oppenheimer was often arrested for walking around los alamos late at night whilst chainsmoking his ciggaretes... but that was because he operated of a 26 hour day and would roll in and out of phase with the rest of the world... much like his personality to tell the truth

riff

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDOppenheimer was often arrested for walking around los alamos late at night whilst chainsmoking his ciggaretes... but that was because he operated of a 26 hour day and would roll in and out of phase with the rest of the world... much like his personality to tell the truth

Interesting, I thought it was just me.  Although I think my cycle is closer to 25 or 24 3/4... it's been a while since I was unscheduled for a long enough period of time to really see.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

PrincessEris von Tartarus

Funny I am quite a walking person too. I love to walk to work or just walk to places I have to go, instead of taking the bus. Only Uni is on this steep hill that I rather take the bus  :twisted: I even got the commander to walking around with me *hahahahah*  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

EvilPoet

Quote from: Horabwalking is great..
I agree 100%. I try to walk at least 1.5 mi (2.4 km) a day.
I think walking and listening to music is the ubershiznit!

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDOppenheimer was often arrested for walking around los alamos late at night whilst chainsmoking his ciggaretes...
Was this before or after his security clearance was revoked?

PrincessEris von Tartarus

You said something there evil poet.... With my discman and some good music a walk is *even* better ;-) I like imagining bits of films with
the sound - currently having good ideas for DIA-Sirens minifilm *ohhh just let something slip here*  :oops:
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*