News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

H. P. Lovencraft

Started by chaosgraves:agentoferis, July 03, 2004, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusio

I think the elder gods should be a  band in a bar that they go in.Kinda like the canteena in star wars.The song they sing should be Theres a light,from the rocky horror picture show,
also eric Zhan could be there toying with puff n stuff while the mad arab walks around in drag addicted to heroin.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: DusioI think the elder gods should be a  band in a bar that they go in.Kinda like the canteena in star wars.The song they sing should be Theres a light,from the rocky horror picture show,
also eric Zhan could be there toying with puff n stuff while the mad arab walks around in drag addicted to heroin.
The song they sing may be a parody or satire of that song but not that song... copyright laws you understand.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Trollax

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: DusioI think the elder gods should be a  band in a bar that they go in.Kinda like the canteena in star wars.The song they sing should be Theres a light,from the rocky horror picture show,
The song they sing may be a parody or satire of that song but not that song... copyright laws you understand.

Laws regarding copyrigght of songs are fairly easy in that regard. So long as the content of the lyrics changes you can call it a parody but you can't claim it as your own. You don't even have to get permission (it's just nice to). It's how Weird Al gets away with it (that and being a guerilla discordian who's also a national treasure) And anyways, people play covers of songs in clubs and hotels all the time, if however you were to make your living playing other people's songs and claiming them as your own, then you have a problem. Funny isn't it? The music industry appears to rely somewhat on the honour system.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDLaws regarding copyrigght of songs are fairly easy in that regard. So long as the content of the lyrics changes you can call it a parody but you can't claim it as your own. You don't even have to get permission (it's just nice to). It's how Weird Al gets away with it (that and being a guerilla discordian who's also a national treasure) And anyways, people play covers of songs in clubs and hotels all the time, if however you were to make your living playing other people's songs and claiming them as your own, then you have a problem. Funny isn't it? The music industry appears to rely somewhat on the honour system.
Thank you for continuing my thought. I didn't think to speel it all out like that but sometimes I must remember that not everybody has been involved in theatre as long as I have so they have not had the opprotunity to understand copyright as I do .

but we had a bad run in with the inclusion of a song in one of our plays as the damn thing was a musical... appearently we can use the song in the background of a play but when we use the lyrics as is in order to further the plot we get busted( we settled for a portion of the box office for the nights that the offensive song was in our show and most of us involved in the production have never listened to the offending song again.)
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.