News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Working Title

Started by Idem, April 03, 2007, 10:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Hey idem, thats all good. It's a lot of work huh? My own writing-fu has broke over the weekend.

Idem

Truth be told, I'm having a bit of writer's block... I'll have to push out something, though

Idem

Though this is admittedly short, I planned on saving the next part for tomorrow.

For about an hour I sat at the back of the hold, gawking out as the city faded away into the distance.  It took a while, bout soon, the plain desert canvas started changing.  Mountains started popping up, and soon I found we were passing through an entire range of them.  As they started surrounding me, I got a bit anxious; while I thought it unlikely they put cameras in the area, my gut told me to go back further, to hide behind some boxes.  It took another hour for the truck to stop, and unknowing of where I was, I stalled.  I heard the driver come out again, and he started moving the boxes.  I promptly got out, and, seeing no people around, left the standard solid-white parking garage.

When I got out, I saw a reflection of the last city I was at.  A brightly lit place, with clean streets, looming buildings, and well-dressed pedestrians walking about.  None of them noticed me, and I passed by them confidently.  I didn,Äôt know what to do or where to go, at first, and then I remembered what Mark had told me.  I needed to change my appearance.  Luckily, I was in what was apparently the commercial district of the place.  A shop stood out to me as specializing in this, with faux pretty heads looking out the window and the writing ,ÄúBeauty Salon,Äù on it.  Nobody was even in the place; the entire shop was automatic.  They had an inventory of scissors, hair dyes, dryers, and other beauty products, but no one was there to apply or sell them.  I just had to pick up the products and put the necessary credits into a vendor.  But, seeing as how the ,Äúdevice,Äù I had with me disrupted it, I left without paying, with some dye, cosmetic powder, a fake moustache, a comb, and a mirror.  On the way out, I saw some contacts as well, which changed the appearance of the eyes.

I slipped into an alleyway to read the instructions for use; the dye was automatic, a spray changing the color of my hair completely in two minutes.  Looking in the mirror, I noticed a drastic change; my short, brown hair now had an incredibly tacky and bright red look.  It changed my appearance drastically, and distracted from my face, so I decided it was for the best.  The fake moustache did not go along with the color, so I discarded it.  The contacts, however, were successful in changing my eyes from a deep hazel color to a soft blue.  I then applied this cosmetic powder, which was supposed to smooth the skin and give it a slightly redder tone.  After applying all this, I looked in the mirror, and was amazed how my appearance had changed.  I went out into the alleyway more confident than before, and, knowing my clothes might give me away, went to the nearest apparel store.  Everything there was free for the taking as well; I was getting worried how easy this was, there being absolutely no security (Save for the cameras, which I had disabled) but nonetheless slipped into another alleyway, to change into my new clothing.  I took my standard white lab coat off, and put this stylish black suit on, which I had taken a liking to.  With the small mirror, I tried to gauge my appearance, and was quite satisfied.

I put my lab uniform in the trash, and went out into the public, feeling like a completely new person.

LMNO

A thought:

Wouldn't Security notice a pattern of movement with the disabled cameras?

Idem

Quote from: LMNO on May 02, 2007, 01:31:19 PM
A thought:

Wouldn't Security notice a pattern of movement with the disabled cameras?
Sure would.

Idem

Eh.... some other time.

Fucking football practice + having to study for final exams

HBOMB

Keep it flowin' when you can.  :)
"There's only two possibilities:  Either we is the most intelligent life in the universe, or there is life out there which is more intelligent than we are.  Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought."

Payne

When are you adding more to this Idem? Huh?

Idem

Once I'm done with finals and move to Florida.

I'll start back on it by Monday, in other words.

EDIT

Oh, and btw, go die.   :lulz: