News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Was L Ron Hubbard a Discordian?

Started by Faust, August 09, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

R L Hubbard - Discordian? Don't know.

Thelemite? Not really. He befriended, fornicated and fleeced Thelemites he hung around with (cf: Jack Parsons & his wife) but Hubbard was a poseur who pretended that Crowley was 'his dear friend'. Crowley on the other hand never met L Ron. in person and, having heard about him via correspondence from his American contacts, thought he was an idiot.

Hubbard was involved with the American O.T.O. until it got raided by the cops in which case, he claimed he was working 'undercover' for the F.B.I. in order to bring down the evil, black magic, satanic, sex cult.  :roll:

Linking Hubbard to Thelema is a schtick employed by people to discredit Scientology. It basically runs along the lines of:

CROWLEY WAS A SATANIST --> RON HUBBARD JOINED HIS BLACK MAGIC LODGE IN CALIFORNA --> HUBBARD INVENTED SCIENTOLOGY --> SCIENTOLOGY MUST BE SATANIC!!!
  \

:mullet:

If someone wants to discredit Hubbard, then there's plenty of examples within his own life & writings that will do that for you without having to invoke a vicarious association with Crowley.

In summary: Crowley was an asshole. Hubbard was an asshole. Their assholery is independant of each other.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Oh, I wasn't trying to use it to discredit Hubbard. I actually don't particularly mind thelema. I was pointing out his association with crowleyan thelema, which was also associated with discordianism by way of RAW, to explain some of the similarities.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Is there a correlation between Crowley's assholery and Hubbard's?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I don't know enough about Hubbard to be able to tell.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

That's ok: apparently, even an anectdote will do.

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on December 29, 2009, 07:15:46 PM

Correlations:

Pissed people off.
Were lousy parents.
Had trouble dealing with homosexuality. (either their own or that of others)
Both aspired to be the heads of large organizations. (only LRH was successful in this regard)
Both have alleged connections to intelligence/espionage.

Just a few off the cuff similarities.

(Enki - wasn't suggesting that you were personally making an negative AC/Scientology connection, only that it is a very common tactic)

Mangrove

Quote from: BAI on December 29, 2009, 09:48:38 PM
Not that I'd ever speak ill of Mr. Hubbard, zenublesshisthetans, but I do hear tell a couple of anecdotes relating him to Mr. Crowly and the fapping into a shit in a jar and drawing seagulls on yer doodle that is making a moonbaby.

This is precisely why Crowley thought Hubbard was an idiot.

In a letter to a friend, Crowley complained about 'the idiocy of these louts' and was referring to Jack Parsons and ElRon.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I get the impression that Hubbard was in charge of the incantation end of that ritual, and Parsons was in charge of the fucking end. I suspect that Hubbard just wanted Parson's girlfriend.

The Good Reverend Roger

Crowley:  Brilliant fraud who duped morons long after he was dead.

Hubbard:  Brilliant fraud who duped morons long after he was dead.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on December 31, 2009, 08:35:59 PM
I get the impression that Hubbard was in charge of the incantation end of that ritual, and Parsons was in charge of the fucking end. I suspect that Hubbard just wanted Parson's girlfriend.

Hubbard GOT Parson's girlfriend.

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on December 29, 2009, 07:15:46 PM

Thank you.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Burns on December 31, 2009, 11:01:47 PM

Yes. Hubbard's ritual was successful.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 01, 2010, 03:33:46 AM
Quote from: Burns on December 31, 2009, 11:01:47 PM

Yes. Hubbard's ritual was successful.

Well it seems that Jack Parsons was a bit of a cuckold as he allowed Wilfred Smith to seduce his first wife Helen.  Then, he allowed Hubbard to seduce his other wife Sara or "Betty" to which she was commonly referred.

My point being that if the ritual you're referring to is the Babalon Working then Elron had already stuck his piggly-wiggly thetan into Betty.  The scarlet woman in question was Majorie Cameron who appeared after they began the working.

Upon receiving Parsons' letter of resignation from the OTO, Crowley wrote in his journal, "Letter of resignation from puppy Jack; his snout glued to the rump of an alley-cat." The pussy, of course, being Cameron.  :lol:

edit: misplaced/miswritten sentence.

BadBeast

I think Hubbard was the worlds first internet Troll. (And obviously, years ahead of his time) And he milked it until the Tit not only squeaked, but brayed like a sick donkey. Still does, in fact, to this day, as his followers just get stupider and stupider. Scientology, may have been one of the best jokes ever, judging by the amount of people who pretend to "get it". These people are the punchline of the joke. Tom Cruise, for instance, he see's people laughing, even tries to laugh along, but that just makes everyone laugh louder.
But, despite Cruise, and Travolta, and all the other high profile Scientologists who wax lyrical about how wonderful it is, it still manages to attract converts. The fact that they are handing over vast sums of Tax free money to the perpetrators of todays organisation, means that they HAVE to "get it".

:jebus:  Otherwise, they would just look stupid.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4