News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 13, 2012, 05:19:56 PM
THERE IS NAUGHT BUT NOISE.  IN MY HEAD AND IN MY HEART.  AT MY DESK AND IN ON THE PHONE.  IN THE CUBE FIELD AND IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM.

NAUGHT BUT NOISE.

It is quiet here, for once.  If you listen closely, you can barely hear the groans of structural supports torquing in the wind, toward eventual collapse in this mess of a plant in this desolation on the edge of what we call a city.  To cut the silence, I am listening to Elton John's Postcards from Richard Nixon, which sort of helps.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

Quote from: Suu on December 13, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
Why is it so much harder to write a short essay than a fucking thesis?!
Gotta jam all the shit you wanna say into two pages? I have the same problem, lol. Hard sometimes to pick what I want to say the most.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 13, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
Why is it so much harder to write a short essay than a fucking thesis?!

Not enough space to finish a damn thought, let alone explain it properly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Woohoo an extra half hour of not being paid! Thank you mbta!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

And I'm off to a meeting.  :tgrr:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

I should eat. I'm getting a little light headed, but I'll lose my spot if I get up.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:16:42 PM
I should eat. I'm getting a little light headed, but I'll lose my spot if I get up.

Order a pizza.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

Library. Don't think I could get away with it.

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
Library. Don't think I could get away with it.

Really? That's sad. I ordered pizza to my library all the time, when I was in college. The head Librarian took a 'pizza tax' slice but otherwise it was cool. I'm sorry. :(

Juana

Lol, a pizza tax slice? I kind of love it. What'd you get a degree in?

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 13, 2012, 08:55:28 PM

I'm contemplating just losing the spot. It's my favorite, but it's not like there aren't other seats I like.

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

I keep meaning to go back, but I'm broke and lazy.

Juana

Mangrove

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:04:29 PM

I didn't. I was in for pre-vet medicine. My program lost its accreditation and then I had a psychotic break and then it was 9/11/2001 and I was in a semi headed for Iowa and my parents were on their way to my college in PA to "SAVE MAH SOUL FROM DER DEBIL!" and it got a little confusing for a few years, there.

Did it work?  :wink:

I went to work with a silly 'Santa loves me' badge that I found on Mrs Mang's bookcase. Think she got it at J C Penny. Anyway, someone sees the badge and says "Hey, that looks really cool...what does it say?" She squints to look and reads it "Santa loves me!"

I look at her quizzically and say "Santa? I thought it said Satan. I was given this by a coven of dyslexic devil worshippers."

My work colleague fell about laughing, but the woman concerned failed to get the Santa/Satan gag and didn't know what dyslexic meant. Joke roont.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Quote from: Mangrove on December 13, 2012, 09:28:14 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 13, 2012, 09:04:29 PM

Did it work?  :wink:

I went to work with a silly 'Santa loves me' badge that I found on Mrs Mang's bookcase. Think she got it at J C Penny. Anyway, someone sees the badge and says "Hey, that looks really cool...what does it say?" She squints to look and reads it "Santa loves me!"

I look at her quizzically and say "Santa? I thought it said Satan. I was given this by a coven of dyslexic devil worshippers."

My work colleague fell about laughing, but the woman concerned failed to get the Santa/Satan gag and didn't know what dyslexic meant. Joke roont.

Aww. No it didn't by the time they got to PA I was halfway to Iowa and by the time I got to Iowa, they decided I'd run off and joined a cult and thus my soul is forfeit forever. :P My mom still sends me an e-mail once in awhile to tell me if I don't get baptized I'm going to hell. So I send her one back reminding her that I baptized myself with some home-made holy water and not to worry, the forest spirits will shelter my soul when this fleshy prison can no longer contain my soul.  :lulz: