News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Don't forget, this Wednesday is Mainstream Day.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 25, 2015, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz:

I haven't shaved in almost a year, but I'll happily call it a matter of expressing my independence rather than my compulsive need for a beard to pull on while I think.

As for the beer... ok, but only for the holiday then I go back to drinking shitty beer in full awareness of how horrible it and Wisconsin really are as usual.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Hey -- why do I have to bring suffering to someone who brings me alcohol/comfort? I'm OK with lowering my standards, why do I gotta be a shit to him?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 27, 2015, 04:11:21 AM
Hey -- why do I have to bring suffering to someone who brings me alcohol/comfort? I'm OK with lowering my standards, why do I gotta be a shit to him?

Because it's Mainstream Day.

You think YOU have it bad?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I am uncomfortable with how much mainstream day resembles my life atm...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 27, 2015, 12:58:36 PM

Then once again, for different reasons, it is serving its purpose.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

This is how you get your Holy Man cred.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 27, 2015, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

This is how you get your Holy Man cred.

Yes.  If you have to act differently on mainstream day, it reminds you that you ARE in fact a mutant.  Which is good.

If you find yourself acting the same way, it reminds you that you are LAZY about your mutations, and that you should get your happy thoughts back.  Which is also good.

Pæs

In preparation for Mainstream Day, I conducted my first expedition to a Walmart and purchased some cheese in a can.

Ben Shapiro

The Wizard Joseph

Faust:
Watch publicly or, if feasible, attend a sporting event and drink heavily while shouting incoherently and making expansive gestures. This would be most fun in a bar, but sitting inextricably on a sofa in your private residence is actually MORE mainstream as by sheer volume most folks really don't go out to watch The Game. If you do stay home make it public by tweeting or otherwise excitedly updating at least one other person regularly about how the game is going.

The Good Reverend Roger:
Attend a "prayer warrior" meeting. If you are unable or unwilling to locate one on short notice start one. If nobody will be a prayer warrior with you, for some reason, you may instead make a donation to The 700 Club or other Pat Robertson affiliated charity but must consent to any and every attempt to "up sell" you into a higher donation (b)racket and praise The LordTM for the opportunity to do more for the Kingdom with the bounty He's blessed you with. Every time.

LuciferX:
Go to a bank or credit union and open a new account. Request to see a financial advisor or loan officer right after to find out what your composite "credit score" is and what it qualifies you for. Deeply personalize this arbitrary abstraction as a true measure of your relative self worth. Fantasize about what you could do if only your worth was greater, but ONLY fantasize. Do this as often you safely can for the rest of the day.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 28, 2015, 03:37:12 AM

The Good Reverend Roger:
Attend a "prayer warrior" meeting. If you are unable or unwilling to locate one on short notice start one. If nobody will be a prayer warrior with you, for some reason, you may instead make a donation to The 700 Club or other Pat Robertson affiliated charity but must consent to any and every attempt to "up sell" you into a higher donation (b)racket and praise The LordTM for the opportunity to do more for the Kingdom with the bounty He's blessed you with. Every time.

I already have my assignment.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on October 28, 2015, 05:26:23 AM
What's your assignment Roger? I'm curious.

I have to perform my employment duties while being nice, and pretending it's a regular business thing.  Wearing dockers and a polo shirt.

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 28, 2015, 03:37:12 AM

LuciferX:
Go to a bank or credit union and open a new account. Request to see a financial advisor or loan officer right after to find out what your composite "credit score" is and what it qualifies you for. Deeply personalize this arbitrary abstraction as a true measure of your relative self worth. Fantasize about what you could do if only your worth was greater, but ONLY fantasize. Do this as often you safely can for the rest of the day.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

This, was an incontrovertibly valuable lesson.